Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Mar 12, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #77 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VoLTaG3,

Do you know if the Shure triple-flanges are the same exact size as the Etymotic ER4P triple-flanges?

Thanks, mate.

I have no clue...The Shure triple flanges are a bit too long. I don't know what the hell Shure was thinking when they thought their customers would use those things as tips without the use of a trusty scissor.

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #78 of 345
Quote:

VoLTaG3,

Do you know if the Shure triple-flanges are the same exact size as the Etymotic ER4P triple-flanges?

Thanks, mate.

ER6i triple's are different. I have both. The Shure's just have a longer connecting piece.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #79 of 345
Quote:

VoLTaG3,

Thanks, mate.

Based on pics, I'd say that the difference is that the Etymotics have almost no stem, and the Shure's have a long stem. Can't comment on material since I only have the Shure's
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #80 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on pics, I'd say that the difference is that the Etymotics have almost no stem, and the Shure's have a long stem. Can't comment on material since I only have the Shure's
smily_headphones1.gif

So you trim it down to fit your ear?? how does it fit?

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #85 of 345
Voltag3, check his thread
wink.gif

It's just as contagious, only in a positive way<3

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #87 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
voltage, have you tried using dense earplug material with a thin hole punch through: great way to make the shure sound 'better' for a certain ear i guess.

Any tutorial?
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #89 of 345
yup: cheaper, much cheaper than any professional foamie. however, i find those dense earplugs cause my ears to react if i am not careful as i have small canals. the reason i got out of universals was because my ears are just soooo sensitive. i have sleek customs now.... damn.

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #90 of 345
Yes! I tried that and to be honest, I didn't quite like it..
I bought some earplugs, cut some off the bottom, pushed a screwdriver trough the middle, mounted it up on a olive plastic tube (cut off the olive foam) and pushed it on the SE530 nozzle.
And I must say that the normal Shure yellow foamies are way better sounding, but they are more expensive (IMO worth it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back