Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Mar 20, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #106 of 345
Harsh with olives... that's new!
I'm guessing (read hoping) it's faulty, because otherwise there might be something wrong with your hearing.
On the other hand, you do use a Atrio M5.. and coming from that, the SE530 can be experienced as harsh I guess.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #107 of 345
i haven't been using Atrios much ever since i got the SA6, and i use the treble+ tips. Treble++ was a bit harsh on some of my tracks so i changed it.

anyway, that experience was real weird as i've tried SE530 several times before.At first it sounded ok, just as i expected it. Then i changed to westone 3 for a while, then back to SE530 again, and i started to experience lots of treble energy from all my songs. Like MJ's Black or white, the beats become so sibilant i have to change track almost immediately.

i wonder whether iphone battery level affects the SQ of multidriver IEMS, because thats what i tried it with. I noticed the bar was dropping from 90% to 50% within the hour.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #108 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i haven't been using Atrios much ever since i got the SA6, and i use the treble+ tips. Treble++ was a bit harsh on some of my tracks so i changed it.

anyway, that experience was real weird as i've tried SE530 several times before.At first it sounded ok, just as i expected it. Then i changed to westone 3 for a while, then back to SE530 again, and i started to experience lots of treble energy from all my songs. Like MJ's Black or white, the beats become so sibilant i have to change track almost immediately.

i wonder whether iphone battery level affects the SQ of multidriver IEMS, because thats what i tried it with. I noticed the bar was dropping from 90% to 50% within the hour.

Woah dude! You think the SE530's has more treble energy than the Westone 3's?? I thought the Westone 3's had over emphasized BASS and over emphasized HIGHS which sounded very unnatural to my ears. Every ones ears are different though...

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #110 of 345
hey guys..didn't quite get it..
anyone has coments about the triple flange in it's original form just with the stem cut a bit...?

by the way..i am using regular clear silicon tips and theyre fine(sound and comfort) except for when walking outside.they slipping out a little after a while and i have to push them back in every once in a while. that's the only problem with them.
the tripple flange does'nt have that problem because they are very firm and tight, but the problem that the highs disappears suddenly, so maybe cutting the stem a little(like the etymotic ones)can help that issue..?

i don't want to cut the top flange because i think that this is what make the triple stay so tight inside my ears! i tries that once (the biflange mod) and could'nt get them in right.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #112 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then just trim the stem it should give you the same effect

did you try it..? or know someone who did?
will it improve the highs?

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #114 of 345
well..just cut the stem of the triple. it does improve the highs significantly.
i don't know about you, but i found my ultimate eartip! sound the same(almost) as the regular silicone tips but more firm and stay in my ears.

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #115 of 345
sorry guys..i wanna take back my last post and say that the triple flange when modded don't sound like the regular clear silicone tips. the clear silicone are definitaly more clear sounding and the highs (and lows)are more refined. this is surely the optimal shure sound IMO!

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #116 of 345
I'll be going in for an ear impression next week and I expect to have a custom tip for my 530's in a few weeks.
wink.gif
I'll report back here on how much of a difference it makes to the sound.

As of now, the yellow foams are still king for me out of all the universal tips, but their itchiness is just bugging the hell out of me, hence me going the custom sleeve route.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #117 of 345
triple flange and greys just itch my ear canals cronic, is there any way of avoiding this, thats always been the best thing about the foams they simply sit there with complete seal, these plasticky things are so irritating, good trimming tips tho, it certainly opens up the sound alot, brings a little bit of sibilance to the sound but ive always thought the se530 needs a little sibilance to bring sparkle to the sound so its a good thing.

so yeh, is there any quick cure to stop the itching!!

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #118 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
triple flange and greys just itch my ear canals cronic, is there any way of avoiding this, thats always been the best thing about the foams they simply sit there with complete seal, these plasticky things are so irritating, good trimming tips tho, it certainly opens up the sound alot, brings a little bit of sibilance to the sound but ive always thought the se530 needs a little sibilance to bring sparkle to the sound so its a good thing.

How come you don't use the yellow foamies?

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #119 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm afraid there isn't any.
However, they do become smoother by use
smily_headphones1.gif
Just use some bodybutter to smooth them up while you use them. After a while you won't need it anymore
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back