Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Mar 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #91 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes! I tried that and to be honest, I didn't quite like it..
I bought some earplugs, cut some off the bottom, pushed a screwdriver trough the middle, mounted it up on a olive plastic tube (cut off the olive foam) and pushed it on the SE530 nozzle.
And I must say that the normal Shure yellow foamies are way better sounding, but they are more expensive (IMO worth it).

Aarrghh...I went and tried the Bi flanges with a un-modified stem again and damn it!!! The sound stage is so huge...Oh well back to having my SE530s sticking out my ears looking like alien pods about to land. I can't resist the huge increase in soundstage.

Hey, Bonthouse you still use this specific mod...correct??

UPDATED:

The huge increase in soundstage kind of puts the vocals a little further away from you..In return I am hearing details in songs I have never heard before. Mostly little things in the background. The sound of the Shure SE530s with my current setup makes the Shure SE530s with shure olives installed sound like $5 earbuds...

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #92 of 345
I'm still using the shipped-to-Shure mod!
The rubber between the actual IEM and the cable got loose and I send them to Shure..
frown.gif

And when they get back, I'm getting some mightyfine bronze blobs of musical love to hoover next to my ears connected to long white biflanged tubes injecting music right into my brain
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #93 of 345
Quote:

I'm still using the shipped-to-Shure mod!
The rubber between the actual IEM and the cable got loose and I send them to Shure..
frown.gif

And when they get back, I'm getting some mightyfine bronze blobs of musical love to hoover next to my ears connected to long white biflanged tubes injecting music right into my brain
tongue.gif

Sorry to hear.....LOL at "Bronze blobs".

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #94 of 345
Well, she's just so curvy and round
heart.gif

Stupid superglue wouldn't get a grip on the rubber, otherwise she would end up as a DIY repaired loveable SE530.

Yes you read correct. I refer to the SE530 as a she
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #95 of 345
Speakin' of bronze blobs... Has anyone yet tried to mod/hack the color of the 530's? Perhaps with a can of spray paint, or some metallic car finish, or something? (I'm just shooting off random ideas, cause I'm sure the metallic car finish is poisonous or something, lol).

Seriously, I think the colour of the 530's just beg for a mugging.

Also, does painting it void the warranty?

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #96 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speakin' of bronze blobs... Has anyone yet tried to mod/hack the color of the 530's? Perhaps with a can of spray paint, or some metallic car finish, or something? (I'm just shooting off random ideas, cause I'm sure the metallic car finish is poisonous or something, lol).

Seriously, I think the colour of the 530's just beg for a mugging.

Also, does painting it void the warranty?

Lol...That is like asking if re-wiring it will void the warranty...

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #97 of 345
I think iBuds beg for mugging. Most people don't even know the SE530. My GF wouldn't take them even if they were $30!!
And with any $100+ IEM, I woudn't risk the warranty for something as painting them. Seriously.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #98 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol...That is like asking if re-wiring it will void the warranty...

Rewiring? Wait, will it?! Believe it or not, I've only been here about a few months, so I know naught about these matters. Naught at all.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #100 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rewiring? Wait, will it?! Believe it or not, I've only been here about a month, so I know naught about these matters. Naught at all.

Doing anything to the Shure SE530s that is not irreversible without leaving a trace voids the warranty...

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #101 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aarrghh...I went and tried the Bi flanges with a un-modified stem again and damn it!!! The sound stage is so huge...Oh well back to having my SE530s sticking out my ears looking like alien pods about to land. I can't resist the huge increase in soundstage.

Hey, Bonthouse you still use this specific mod...correct??

UPDATED:

The huge increase in soundstage kind of puts the vocals a little further away from you..In return I am hearing details in songs I have never heard before. Mostly little things in the background. The sound of the Shure SE530s with my current setup makes the Shure SE530s with shure olives installed sound like $5 earbuds...

How far do they stick out from the ears exactly (w/ the unmodified stems)? Do they dislodge easily?

Also (sorry if this has been asked before) but did Shure change the cables on newer models? Or do you have to send them back to Shure so the problem would be fixed?

Thanks.
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #102 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How far do they stick out from the ears exactly (w/ the unmodified stems)? Do they dislodge easily?

Also (sorry if this has been asked before) but did Shure change the cables on newer models? Or do you have to send them back to Shure so the problem would be fixed?

Thanks.
beerchug.gif

Hi,

I am a relative newbie on here with 18 months of blissfull listening to my E500's and still prefer them to my Sennhieser IE8's which i have had since Dec'08.

To your first question, i have only just read this thread tonight myself for the first time and tried the triple flange and two hours listening so far so good and they do look like they are not actually in as such and about to fall out! - but still feel quite firm in ear like as if i was wearing the yellow foam sleeves.

But everyone's ears are different and i will test them on the commute to work tommorow morning when i move around more, have to say the Triple flange is not so comfortable, don't know if i will last long hual, might have to cut down to bi-flange?

There is a notacable difference that made me say out aloud "bloody hell" in a good positive way!
bigsmile_face.gif

To your second Q; funnily enough my wire started to go only last 3-5 months, gone in three places! leccy tape holding it together at mo.

Mine is out of warranty and only emailed Shure distributers in UK (where i am from) yesterday and their response after a moan & rant email was for them to say that the E500 is not servicable and offered me a discounted rate on a new pair in exchange for my damaged pair as a good will gesture!

I have emailed back tonight asking about if Shure have addressed the issue and changed the cable spec so this does not happen again, but to be honest i would rather get my current pair modified with a top rate third party cable if there is anyone that specialize's in doing this??

I know i see a thread around here the other day where someone done a DIY job with some cable from Germany and it looked the dog's dangley's and the user said he heard an improvement from the stock cable, but he did damage the headphone casing as i think this is the reason it might not be servicable as it is not easy to disasemble without harming the shell by the sound's of it.

I would have a go myself, but would end up burning the house down with a soldering iron, so am now searching for someone who can ressurect my E500 cable to a top notch quality one. Anyone out there?

Will post response when i recieve it from Shure in UK about the cable on newer 530's if any change in spec....

(I did email Shure USA direct about problem a while back and just got a denial approch and recieved the brush off technique from them!)

Quite frankly, for what is one of the best in the ear phones around, it's scandelous the way Shure have brushed asie this problem really in not acknowledging they bodged the cable quality up and regardless if it was in warranty or not at the end of the day it was a design fault and when you get treated with ignorance to the problem from Shure it shows their cusotmer support is slightly short of supporting the "Customer" - irony, eh?

So it's bloody annoying it is the most non fatiging in ear's i have owned!
I want to know why Shure don't get their act together and make the cable detachable? it would be pure common sense on earphones that cost me £250 originally.

Anyway that is my soapbox moment over, keep you updated with response from Shure!
atsmile.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #103 of 345
Just 18 months old and they have the nerve to deny you a new pair due to their production error? They shure have some guts to pull of something like that..
Thank God the appointed sustomer service here are very friendly and flexible about the rules Shure gave them<3

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #104 of 345
Quote:

Just 18 months old and they have the nerve to deny you a new pair due to their production error? They shure have some guts to pull of something like that..
Thank God the appointed sustomer service here are very friendly and flexible about the rules Shure gave them<3

That sucks...

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #105 of 345
Call me crazy, but i find the trebles from SE530 rather harsh after some extended use, like they have more treble presence than westone 3, SA6 with treble+, TF10pro, etc. Either that demo unit is becoming faulty, or my ears got used to it within 30 mins.

was auditioning it with medium olives btw, they work for me for most IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back