Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Mar 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #61 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhangam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. can we have a final opinion on whether the yellow foams are better or the tri-flanges are better? [and which of these work with the Phonaks, the included tips arent doing justice to my right ear :|]

I managed to get the yellow foamies onto the PFEs. In fact, I've also started using them on my W3s as well (much easier to get one), along with olives. They are ugly, somewhat stiff for foamies, and I just like the way they sound. Plus, they are fairly cheap. I also used them on my Atrios and Sleek SA6s. But for the PFEs, I prefer the large T130s, which are a little thicker than the ones that come with the Phonaks (same length).

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #62 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big mistake!
tongue.gif

nah... it was a pretty deliberate move.

i'll eventually re-buy 'em for gym use when they hit 50 bucks.

On second thought, scratch that -- I'd go with Westone 3s.

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #63 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by CompressionalFlagellation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah... it was a pretty deliberate move.

i'll eventually re-buy 'em for gym use when they hit 50 bucks.

On second thought, scratch that -- I'd go with Westone 3s.

Good Luck!! *Goes back to jamming with SE530's*

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #66 of 345
Just received the yellow foamies in the mail today from the ebay seller (thanks again mark) and I gotta say that the sound quality is outstanding! Soundstage alone has increased tremendously, and everything else seems "tightened up" and more in control. And interestingly this fits my ears better than any of the other tips; the olives or silicons would not match the seal sometimes due to weird canal shape of my left ear... but the yellow foamies fit my ears perfectly; actually, almost too perfect as I can feel that distinct "vacuum" effect that I'm going to have to get used to. It's a little itchy, but I'll take that trade off.

Overall a worthy investment. Only downside is that I hear these get dirty very fast, which means I'll constantly have to re stock on them... but got 4 pairs on this order so hopefully it will last me a while.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #67 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received the yellow foamies in the mail today from the ebay seller (thanks again mark) and I gotta say that the sound quality is outstanding! Soundstage alone has increased tremendously, and everything else seems "tightened up" and more in control. And interestingly this fits my ears better than any of the other tips; the olives or silicons would not match the seal sometimes due to weird canal shape of my left ear... but the yellow foamies fit my ears perfectly; actually, almost too perfect as I can feel that distinct "vacuum" effect that I'm going to have to get used to. It's a little itchy, but I'll take that trade off.

Overall a worthy investment. Only downside is that I hear these get dirty very fast, which means I'll constantly have to re stock on them... but got 4 pairs on this order so hopefully it will last me a while.

I simply wash mine with mild soap and warm water gently in my hands and let them dry over night. No problems so far.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #68 of 345
Quote:

Good to hear!! I stopped using the foamies because they got dirty quickly and they didn't expand that greatly after awhile. I'm using modified triple-flanges now. The sound is about the same but the modded triple flanges brightens the sound a bit.

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #69 of 345
Hah! I knew you'd revert to the biflanges
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #70 of 345
Just to experiment....I went back to the Shure Olives. The difference was immediately noticeable from the muddy BASS to the dull HIGHS. The sound was so muddied with the Shure Olives it was unbearable...People should really re-review the Shure SE530's with the yellow foamies or the triple flanges because those tips really improve the Shure SE530's.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #71 of 345
I had a chance to A/B the SE530's with Westone 3's yesterday with another Head-fi poster, both with Yellow foamies with the same source (S639).

It's really not much of a difference at all. Shures win out on mids, bass, and overall seal in my opinion, while Westones are better in the natural highs and the left-right soundstage IMO. Westones I actually found more comfortable as well by a slight margin as they sit more flush. Either way, both are great phones, and not much reason to sidegrade if you are a 530 owner (use the yellow foams and it'll be very close), even the other headfi poster (Chris) who owned W3 said that the difference is very subtle.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #72 of 345
Quote:

I had a chance to A/B the SE530's with Westone 3's yesterday with another Head-fi poster, both with Yellow foamies with the same source (S639).

It's really not much of a difference at all. Shures win out on mids, bass, and overall seal in my opinion, while Westones are better in the natural highs and the left-right soundstage IMO. Westones I actually found more comfortable as well by a slight margin as they sit more flush. Either way, both are great phones, and not much reason to sidegrade if you are a 530 owner (use the yellow foams and it'll be very close), even the other headfi poster (Chris) who owned W3 said that the difference is very subtle.

Good to hear.
o2smile.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #73 of 345
May give shure 530 a try later for my next iem. I notice Shure 530 is coming with a pair of Triple Flange Sleeves, does it have to be modified too?

Anyone know shure 530 is good for iphone 1 st gen? Seems not every iem could fit in because of 3.5 jack

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #74 of 345
well try them without modding first but most find them a bit too long modding just makes them shorter

shure also sells a mic adapter thats compatable with all its se range so if its doesnt fit (but i think it does) you can add the mic cable the definetly will

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #75 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May give shure 530 a try later for my next iem. I notice Shure 530 is coming with a pair of Triple Flange Sleeves, does it have to be modified too?

Anyone know shure 530 is good for iphone 1 st gen? Seems not every iem could fit in because of 3.5 jack

The extension cables shipped with the Shure SE530s has a recessed jack which is compatible with the iPhones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back