TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #361 of 1,206
Fixed it for ya (if you're gonna direct a hype post right at me, you might as well start it properly!)

Clearly it doesn't work lol.

I've directed my posts about EPH100s at you for ages now and you seem unfazed.

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #362 of 1,206
Clearly it doesn't work lol.

I've directed my posts about EPH100s at you for ages now and you seem unfazed.

Ha, not quite! Your eph100 hype has always had me quasi-lusting after them, and resurfaced recently when I saw that you repurchased them. In fact, that caused me to go searching around for them. So keep on subliminally messing with my mind my friend!

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #365 of 1,206
Ha, not quite! Your eph100 hype has always had me quasi-lusting after them, and resurfaced recently when I saw that you repurchased them. In fact, that caused me to go searching around for them. So keep on subliminally messing with my mind my friend!

Haha very well put.

This might be a bit more of a slight messing with you mind but hopefully it might make you drool just a little bit...

PS. (please don't send me a picture of you drooling)

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #366 of 1,206
mine at customs!! should be here soon. waiting for their call.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #367 of 1,206
All right... so I've been listening to my green/grey pair right out of the box on the medium red tips (for pop music), not long after getting home. Coming from the KC06a as my daily pair of earphones to this new toy: the T2 seems to have less treble and bass boost, really wide soundstage and very good detail, separation. Not lacking in bass, but haven't had enough time to evaluate the sub bass. I'm finding the general presentation quite engaging. The cabling is gorgeous, and build quality top notch. While the lack of good fit of the T1e rendered them unusable for me, the T2 fits me like a glove. These are my very initial impressions.

Edit: I wrote the above before reading Twister6's initial impressions just now. Didn't mean to contradict what he said about the soundstage. But as stated above, I haven't had that much time with the T2. In case you need to know my frame of reference, I've also got the GR07 Classic, VSD3S and a couple of Altone dual driver hybrids, to name a few.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #370 of 1,206

Edit: I wrote the above before reading Twister6's initial impressions just now. Didn't mean to contradict what he said about the soundstage. But as stated above, I haven't had that much time with the T2. In case you need to know my frame of reference, I've also got the GR07 Classic, VSD3S and a couple of Altone dual driver hybrids, to name a few.

Please don't hold back! Call it how you hear it!

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #371 of 1,206
The more impressions, the better!  And don't worry, we all hear things differently.  Make sure you burn them in for at least 50hrs before evaluating a sound.  Also, comparing to KC06A - T2 will have "wide" staging because Ostry has slightly below average width and very shallow depth.  Not as bad as "stage performance" UM Pro 30, but still KC06A is rather intimately tuned and soundstage is not that great to begin with.  Just my opinion :wink:

I did a spot check for a few minutes with T2 this morning, and they are REALLY shaping up nicely.  Staging didn't improve, it's at best average in width and depth, so more on the intimate side.  The sound sig is no longer mid-centric, everything balanced and you can hear a nice warm bass rumble.  Mids/treble settle down, still very clear and smooth.  DO NOT expect detail retrieval typical of BA drivers with a bright signature.  They are clear, not analytical detailed but rather smooth detailed.  I like them a lot better than dual hybrids from Astrotec (AX35) or SIDY (DGS100), and prefer over Altone 200 v-shaped bright sound, but for sure they are not in the same league as A83 (my fav hybrids, though at 3x the price).  As I stated before, if you have been curious about hybrid IEMs and prefer a smooth clear balanced sound - T2 will hit the right spot at a very attractive price.  But for a sound with a better detail retrieval and brighter upper mids/treble with more sparkle - probably wait for T2 Pro.

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #372 of 1,206
Yaaay!! Got mine today. Burning in as I type this.
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #375 of 1,206
Dat housing looks like it would be proper uncomfortable in ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back