TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #346 of 1,206
  Justinzanyo: Thaks for this preview and your initial thoughts.Can you comment on fit / seal / isolation? I am considering these for active use and if the fit is fiddly (the one downside to my Fidue A83's) or the IEM doesn't stay reasonably secure and with decent isolation while exercising, I may need to scale back my excitement.

Thanks.

The fit is quite good. It's both comfortable and tight. They won't go loose when excercising. However, the isolation is a real issue. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #347 of 1,206
 give it a mix maybe. on public demand. we would like to see the T2 going against DuoZA. make it a handicap match up. its not exactly one but try mate.

+1... the people have spoken! :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #350 of 1,206
Oh, one more thing: @twister6 how's the size of the housing on T2 compared with VSD3?

Good question, and a reminder for me to feature it in review pictures :wink:

VSD3 shape is rounder and smoother, I prefer it over T2.  Thus, VSonic CEO can sleep OK at night without worrying TTPOD completely ripped off their shape lol!!!   T2 has sharper edges and more angled facets, and overall size is slightly bigger.  With VSD3/3S, it goes in your ear with a first try, with T2 I had to do a little micro adjustment of slightly turning it for a more comfortable fitment.  Could be a matter of my ear anatomy, and overall not really an issue for others.

Regarding T2 vs T2 Pro, the reference to K3003 BA drivers makes me think it will be too bright/revealing.  Again, just a personal preference since i like warmer/smoother highs.  But i know that a lot of the people are immune to higher frequencies and crave more detailed/revealing sound.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #351 of 1,206
  NO ISOLATION AT ALL. I do not recommend to use this on the street. The Dynamic driver need ventilation, so there is a small hole on the earbud. 

Even with some foam/comply tips?  So far I only tried it with included silicone narrow bore tips, listening at home where isolation doesn't matter.

Btw, how is the sound sig so far?  I wasn't too impressed out of the box, but 10hrs later it started to come through very nicely and bass went up in quantity!  Can't wait to listen to it after work when it's going to hit 24hrs of free air burn in.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #352 of 1,206

Regarding T2 vs T2 Pro, the reference to K3003 BA drivers makes me think it will be too bright/revealing.  Again, just a personal preference since i like warmer/smoother highs.  But i know that a lot of the people are immune to higher frequencies and crave more detailed/revealing sound.

I hope its not much different. just a bit more highs. i know you will do it too. so waiting.
popcorn.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #353 of 1,206

Oh boy, that hype...

I think DuoZA vs CKR10 is not just a new toy syndrome :wink:  Was basing it on my first impression, and it was quite amazing as others in Discovery thread pointed out as well.  Will do more listening tonight with close to 20hrs of burn in.  Lately I have been totally consumed by warm/smooth IEMs, and DuoZA is right up that valley.  First impression definitely gave me a feeling of smoother/warmer sig over CKR10, which might not be everyone cup of tea considering how many people prefer brighter CRK9 over CKR10.  And btw, DuoZA is definitely better than A71.

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #354 of 1,206
Ooh ... Warm is ok but not dark.. not my cup of tea as long as the treble of the DuoZA extends good!

How is the resolution of the DuoZA compared to the CKR10 and TTpod T2?

TIA

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #355 of 1,206
  The fit is quite good. It's both comfortable and tight. They won't go loose when excercising. However, the isolation is a real issue.

Justinzanyo: Thanks for the update. Disappointed that isolation is poor as that means not suitable for gym where i need to drown out the background....but perhaps with foam tips...

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #357 of 1,206

I think DuoZA vs CKR10 is not just a new toy syndrome :wink:  Was basing it on my first impression, and it was quite amazing as others in Discovery thread pointed out as well.  Will do more listening tonight with close to 20hrs of burn in.  Lately I have been totally consumed by warm/smooth IEMs, and DuoZA is right up that valley.  First impression definitely gave me a feeling of smoother/warmer sig over CKR10, which might not be everyone cup of tea considering how many people prefer brighter CRK9 over CKR10.  And btw, DuoZA is definitely better than A71.

Oh no, just, stop!
I promissed, "No more IEMs this year!"

Well...
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #359 of 1,206
Everything about T2 is a step up from T1.  Love the cable, though wish they would include a chin slider.  Earpieces look high-tech, though wish they would make them a bit rounder.  Got them on burn in now, might post my initial impression later tonight.

Oh, and I wonder if Mass Drop going to link my future T2 review like you did link my T1E review (from XDA) when you had those on MD? :p   (I'm Vectron from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192333), but anyway :wink:

Not saying anything about the sound yet since out of the box I heard a nice bass rumble with narrow bore tips, but an hour later it settle down already (quantity that is).  Will need to do tip rolling for sure after burn in.

Wow you're on xda too? Awesome

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #360 of 1,206
waynes world, I think DuoZA vs CKR10 is not just a new toy syndrome :wink:  Was basing it on my first impression, and it was quite amazing as others in Discovery thread pointed out as well.  Will do more listening tonight with close to 20hrs of burn in.  Lately I have been totally consumed by warm/smooth IEMs, and DuoZA is right up that valley.  First impression definitely gave me a feeling of smoother/warmer sig over CKR10, which might not be everyone cup of tea considering how many people prefer brighter CRK9 over CKR10.  And btw, DuoZA is definitely better than A71.

Fixed it for ya (if you're gonna direct a hype post right at me, you might as well start it properly!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back