TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Feb 5, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #1,861 of 2,099
I have to agree that the TTpods are better than the Pistons.

Reason,  Pistons are extremely V shaped,  you get a lot of bass but a lot of treble and recceded mids.  TTpods are more L shaped, you got bass but the mids are more foward and the treble is more controled.

I agree with your impressions on T1E. I think they are better value than Pistons and vocals are so real on T1E even after IM50/70s.

Most important mids aren't muffled and treble isn't splashy and exegrated like Pistons.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #1,862 of 2,099
I own both Pistons and T1E.Here's my comparison. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Bass:  Pistons have more mid-bass.But T1e has more sub-bass.Pistons have more bass quantity.But T1e has more bass quality.Pistons bass sounds a bit bloated compared to T1e.......T1e clearly has a much better texture of bass.It's tight punchy and aggressive.Something i didn't see in the pistons.I clearly prefer T1e in the bass department.

Mids: The mids are clearly recessed on the pistons.T1e on the other hand is more balanced and while the mids are still a little bit recessed.But compared to pistons it's a lot better.You shall hear details that you just won't with the pistons in this department.

Treble: i don't have much experience to explain this department.But T1e has more clarity and sparkle.

Soundstage: I personally believe there isn't much difference in the soundstage width.However i can clearly tell T1e has a a lot better depth.In height,i find T1e better.

Few things to mention:
Pistons have a warm signature.However i feel the stock tips also play a role in making it warm.However,the sennheiser bi-flange tips make it less warm and more clear sounding.

With t1e i personally recommend the sennheiser bi-flange middle size tips.The bass gets more tight and punchy.While also maintaining the details and clarity top-notch.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,864 of 2,099
Alright pulled the trigger for the t1-e. I hope these are better than the KZ DT5 Pole Editions :3. I think when I get these I'll probably compare them to the KZ EDSE And The DT5's

i'm not 100% sure, but fairly sure there's been comparisons to the KZ EDSE and that the T1E sounds better to most.  matter of opinion of course, but that seems to be the general consesus for those that've heard both.  I dont think i've seen any comparison to the Kz DT5

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #1,865 of 2,099
I'll write  review after get my KZ-ed8. I have S-018, Kz-edse and TTPOD-t1e. I'll compare them but till that time I can say u need to wait 40 hours for burn-in for TTPOD t1e and also you may use little filter to make trebles more clear. Because it's mechanic and before burn-in it's outburst.

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,866 of 2,099
Alright pulled the trigger for the t1-e. I hope these are better than the KZ DT5 Pole Editions :3. I think when I get these I'll probably compare them to the KZ EDSE And The DT5's

heard the t1e is better then ever kz i owned the edse es dt3 

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,868 of 2,099
IMHO the only KZ model that comes close is the KZ EDSE.

The t1e is just better. Spend enough time with the t1e and you'll see there's not much that the t1e doesn't do right.

I think the dt3 is better then es and edse

I think the shure 215 and t1e sound kinda similar and how is the t1e with the fiio e6

Feb 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,870 of 2,099
Has anyone contested T1E with Ostry KC6? I'm in Indonesia and no-store sell Ostry here. 
I like the sound quality of T1E, but in long-term use (eg. over 2 hours) it's kind of tiring my ears... LOL

I'm using it with sony hybrid tips right, usually.

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #1,871 of 2,099

I have EDSE, ED8, T1E and S-018. I might be able to provide some comparative data.

EDSE and T1Es are very close. EDSE with narrow bore tips sound very good. Thought soundstage is a little narrowed the punch and speed they offer is phenomenal for the price. Basically EDSE provide near T1E sound with the added benefit of very good and comfortable fit.

I use EDSE with ear hook, from behind the ears. T1Es are just unable to function on behind the ear mode. Cables of both are also very close with almost equal feel to them. EDSE cable seems to have less memory than T1Es cable. Both are nicely strain relieved.

For EDM, Kpop and similar genres of music EDSE/T1E shine bright. They are kind of weak toward acoustic and vocal music. Recessed mids are a problem here.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,872 of 2,099
Has anyone contested T1E with Ostry KC6? I'm in Indonesia and no-store sell Ostry here. 
I like the sound quality of T1E, but in long-term use (eg. over 2 hours) it's kind of tiring my ears... LOL

What is it about the t1e that's tiring your ears?

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,873 of 2,099

Sony hybrid is not a good match for T1E IMO. Try Philips 3590 tips if you have or some other tips with narrow openings might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back