TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,876 of 2,099
is there anything inbetween the t1e and the duoza? in terms of sq

For me it is Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, and KZ EDSE (this one is mainly because it is very close to my sound sig preference).

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,879 of 2,099
your sig shows that you prefer the edse more than the t1e. why is that? i've got the edse and i don't see(hear) anything special with it.

I've mentioned... Its sound sig is dangerously close to my personal preference. This is my second EDSE and they sound fantastic to me.

If you have both T1E and EDSE then please compare. From what I have experienced their sound signatures are pretty close. Maybe if you don't think EDSE is special then chances are high that you won't think T1E is special as well.

Tbh T1E isn't special at all. It doesn't have anything very unique that makes it stand out of crowd, it just offers very good VFM. You get very good sound, nice build quality and good looks for the price you pay.

Please seek more opinions before your decision (if planning to buy T1E) because personal tastes affect opinion so much.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,880 of 2,099
I don't know if there's variances in production runs or what, but I'll back him up and say that my EDSE sounds great. Although I don't think it's as good as my t1e, in my opinion it's petty close

Agreed. The T1-E has better SQ than the ED Special Edition but the EDSE isn't far behind. On design/looks - the EDSE is garish imo. The TI-E designed more like professional gear. For fit, the EDSE has longer, narrower nozzle and hence better fit (at least for me) than the short/wide nozzle of the T1-E. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,881 of 2,099
Agreed. The T1-E has better SQ than the ED Special Edition but the EDSE isn't far behind. On design/looks - the EDSE is garish imo. The TI-E designed more like professional gear. For fit, the EDSE has longer, narrower nozzle and hence better fit (at least for me) than the short/wide nozzle of the T1-E. 

+1

EDSE fit is very good, I am able to use variety of tips on these with comfort. T1Es will fit good only with certain tips. Lucky if those exact tips are the tips you'd want as per your sound preference.

Oh I just did some A-B testing and still EDSE intrigues me more. But I won't force it much because of personal like issue.

Oh btw garish looking EDSE look appealing... You just need some fashion accessories for them :wink:

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #1,883 of 2,099
Anybody else pick up a pair of these from amazon for $30 on a whim? 

The weird shape and too-short barrel, and single flange tips aside, they're not bad. for $30. 

Feb 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,884 of 2,099
Anybody wanna share there edm eq setting for the t1e :D I mainly use the eq on my x1

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,885 of 2,099
When I turn my eq kinda up my t1e makes a beeping noise?

And when I mess with the wire it stopped

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,887 of 2,099
??? That's not good. What is the sound source and player?

I am using the x1 only the left made that noise. Should I return them?

Also what are good alternative to the t1e I was thinking vsonic vsd3 used one or the vsonic vsd1s used one from amazon I pay extra $10 or so for edm and edm vocals

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,888 of 2,099

??? That's not good. What is the sound source and player?

I am using the x1 only the left made that noise. Should I return them?

Also what are good alternative to the t1e I was thinking vsonic vsd3 used one or the vsonic vsd1s used one from amazon I pay extra $10 or so for edm and edm vocals

Consider using a different source - and test with this - http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

I use it when testing new IEM/headphones since it can reveal channel imbalance and other problems. Also, if you have any mono recordings try that.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,889 of 2,099
Feb 17, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,890 of 2,099

Consider using a different source - and test with this - http://plasticity.szynalski.com/tone-generator.htm

I use it when testing new IEM/headphones since it can reveal channel imbalance and other problems. Also, if you have any mono recordings try that.

+1 nice tool to track imbalance.

Credit goes to EISENbricher! That's where I found out about the tone generator.
I had headphones with an odd problem - very random distortion on one channel that I optimistically hoped was caused by artifacts in the music source.
In about two minutes with the tone generator I identified a narrow band of distortion on the one channel. It was difficult to diagnose the problem without the generator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back