TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Sep 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #767 of 2,099
I'm not a bass head by any means. Are these iems still a viable choice for someone who likes great mids but still a relatively balanced and clear/detailed sound?

Though these aren't basshead iems and they have great mids, if you like balance and lots of clarity the Havi B3 Pro 1 are truly better in this regard. The T1-E are only somewhat balanced in that they don't have recessed mids compared to the rest of the FR. They are mainly L-shaped with a little bump in the upper mids I think personally. While the Havi are more balanced overall, but they need an amp to sound their the best. The Topping NX1 for $30 or $40 is a great option to drive them.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #768 of 2,099
I'm not a bass head by any means. Are these iems still a viable choice for someone who likes great mids but still a relatively balanced and clear/detailed sound?

Though these aren't basshead iems and they have great mids, if you like balance and lots of clarity the Havi B3 Pro 1 are truly better in this regard. The T1-E are only somewhat balanced in that they don't have recessed mids compared to the rest of the FR. They are mainly L-shaped with a little bump in the upper mids I think personally. While the Havi are more balanced overall, but they need an amp to sound their the best. The Topping NX1 for $30 or $40 is a great option to drive them.

Personally ..me think ..this is a good time for buying iem ...so many good choices at very good price ...with Havi B3 and T1E ..you'll be quite equiped with two very different sound spectrum that me think will make your music sound good with many genre ...with an amp like NX1 ..its the icing on the cake ....

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #769 of 2,099
Thanks. That sounds really good actually. I'm about to order the Pro1 from LMUE. But first is the sound decent enough unamped for use in school for example. Also I'm not exactly familar with headphone amps. Do you plug your phone and iems into it or what?

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #770 of 2,099
Thanks. That sounds really good actually. I'm about to order the Pro1 from LMUE. But first is the sound decent enough unamped for use in school for example. Also I'm not exactly familar with headphone amps. Do you plug your phone and iems into it or what?

Usually you will go from DAP>amp>headphone/IEM.

Edit:
To clarify a bit more how you connect from DAP to amp varies, but 3.5mm is the universal connection on most.

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #775 of 2,099
so would a phone function as a DAP?

Yep, like this. Havi is cable-up fitment just fyi, and this setup(with NX1) is great! Actually Very VERY good for the price with what you're looking for. Around $100 for Havi, Topping NX1, and some ear guides.
You'd plug this cable into your phone, and velcro or rubber band both the amp & source/DAP/phone together keeping them in your pocket for on the go at school. You also might want to buy some cheap ear guides too if you'll be on the move since these fit over the ear or cables up.

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #776 of 2,099
i ordered for Team Clear but mistakenly ordered T1 not T1-E... changed the order but had to switch to Team Blue. :cool:

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #777 of 2,099
Got mine in clear today and they sound amazing. A tiny bit more bass than i thought they would have but absolutly tight sounding. Overall really clear sound with not too present highs but very detailed. And the best of all is the ability to let me enjoy almost all music genres and thats what i am looking for in iems. I think everybody who likes to listen to random music on his phone and is looking for a slightly bass lifted sound will love these!

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #778 of 2,099
i've put several hours on mine this week and am enjoying them thoroughly.  like mentioned, the bass is nice.  there's plenty of it where it needs to be, but isn't quite "basshead" territory.  the mids and highs are forward and have a good amount of detail.  i've listened to several genres from lower quality produced old school hip hop, to modern EDM, to classic rock, to alternative... and these T1e's have handled everything i've thrown at them.  they do not require an amp, but tonight i will try them paired with a fiio e11 just for schiits and giggles.  

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #780 of 2,099
I thought I'd show you my T1TT1Es...

Team clear over and out

Oh, I see someone got their L16 cable
wink.gif
  Aren't they awesome, in both sound improvement and a totally cool pro look?  A great match to go with T1E cable
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back