TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,307 of 2,099
  Can someone compare it with the JVC HA-Fxt90?
Those two seem similar, somehow, and are at the same price in Aliexpress.

Sorry for the vertical photo but too lazy to fix. T1E with my FXT90

Just picked up my T1E and i'm liking my T1E so far. This is my first brief impression and differences i've noticed in comparison to my FXT90 (at least 500hours+).

The two are very very similar. The FXT90 does punch harder and slightly darker and quicker overall. FXT90 has a more slightly thicker and weighty note presentation. Mids is slightly more forward on the T1E. Treble is more natural and slightly more sparkly on the FXT90. Soundstage is very similar. Instrument separation and detailing is slightly better on the FXT90, not enough to make a huge difference if you use them outside. Instruments does sound slightly artificial on the T1E compare to more natural and realistic FXT90.

These two are soo similar that everything is only slightly different ಠ_ಠ and i'm having a tough time trying to determine which is more superior. But maybe i'll notice something when i burn them in.
but for the price that you get T1E for I think it competes well against most things below 150 dollars(CAD). Definitely a good value purchase.

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,308 of 2,099
Hey guys, I have been listening to my new T1-Es for a while now.  Decided to compare them to my KC06As using the same source.  The KC06A's have a LOT more bass than the T1-Es and have a warmer more full bodied sound.  Is this normal?

Nov 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #1,309 of 2,099
  Hey guys, I have been listening to my new T1-Es for a while now.  Decided to compare them to my KC06As using the same source.  The KC06A's have a LOT more bass than the T1-Es and have a warmer more full bodied sound.  Is this normal?

interesting.  i was wanting the kc06a's but went with the t1e's because the general consensus what that the kc06a's lacked bass and soundstage. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,310 of 2,099

I would agree with this. KC06a (not KC06) have more quantity, but less quality. I'd also say that the T1E has better bass extension and response also. So soundstage depth would go to the T1E IMHO

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,311 of 2,099

interesting.  i was wanting the kc06a's but went with the t1e's because the general consensus what that the kc06a's lacked bass and soundstage. 

I don't think the KC06A lack bass or soundstage compared to the TTPOD-T1E. Actually similar in both bass quanity and quality and soundstage size but completely different sound signatures. I found the KC06A slightly more detailed.

Nov 18, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,312 of 2,099
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try some different tips on the T1-Es and see if it makes a difference. I was just surprised that they were so different.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #1,313 of 2,099
tips make a big difference. keep experimenting for that "ah-ha" moment.

+1. Wide bore tips make all the difference with soundstage as well. Sony hybrids? Great for control and bass articulation. Terrible for soundstage.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #1,314 of 2,099

Sorry for the vertical photo but too lazy to fix. T1E with my FXT90

Just picked up my T1E and i'm liking my T1E so far. This is my first brief impression and differences i've noticed in comparison to my FXT90 (at least 500hours+).

The two are very very similar. The FXT90 does punch harder and slightly darker and quicker overall. FXT90 has a more slightly thicker and weighty note presentation. Mids is slightly more forward on the T1E. Treble is more natural and slightly more sparkly on the FXT90. Soundstage is very similar. Instrument separation and detailing is slightly better on the FXT90, not enough to make a huge difference if you use them outside. Instruments does sound slightly artificial on the T1E compare to more natural and realistic FXT90.

These two are soo similar that everything is only slightly different ಠ_ಠ and i'm having a tough time trying to determine which is more superior. But maybe i'll notice something when i burn them in.
but for the price that you get T1E for I think it competes well against most things below 150 dollars(CAD). Definitely a good value purchase.

Damn.. i have fxt90 and just ordered the TTPOD (Team Clear). Didnt knew it was so similar to fxt, i hope it gives me a higher bass kick for which i bought the same

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #1,315 of 2,099
Team clear here. was expecting a bit more, but can't complain for $35. The bass isn't as defined as I'd like it. Comparing these to the astrotec ax-35, the ax-35 is cleaner sounding, brighter (maybe not a good thing), and while it's also very neutral sounding, it definitely has better bass than the ttpod. the ax-35 hybrid drivers clearly has it's disadvantages, but none here. Then again, it's also $20-30 more expensive than the ttpod. Using comply tsx tips. Again, $35 bucks- no real complaints, except the bass and not as loud as I'd like. Best way to describe the bass: think home theater sub-woofer sound. Worth the $35 for sure.

Songs that suck with it:
most hip hop with a lotta bass (i.e lil jon - turn it down for what, usher -  yeah)

Songs that do OK:
EDM. Everything is there, but the bass leaves much to be desired.

Songs that are awesome:
classical (i.e canon in d)

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #1,316 of 2,099
Hi,

I've just received my T1-Es today. I'm thoroughly disappointed. :frowning2: Not with the sound, I think it's very good - as long as I hold the IEMs in my ears. None of the tips gave me a good seal that lasted (it's true that I was unable to fit some of the tips on the T1-Es, the rubber tube seemed to be too tight for some of them). I find that the 'tube' on which you fit the tips on is very short, shorter than my Sennheiser CX200 and Moxpad X3. Has anyone had a similar experience? If yes, were you able to solve it, or did you just give up and sell/return them?
Note: I only tried them with the cable running straight down, like the blue version here:

Thanks,
Kofa

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #1,317 of 2,099
  Hi,

I've just received my T1-Es today. I'm thoroughly disappointed. :frowning2: Not with the sound, I think it's very good - as long as I hold the IEMs in my ears. None of the tips gave me a good seal that lasted (it's true that I was unable to fit some of the tips on the T1-Es, the rubber tube seemed to be too tight for some of them). I find that the 'tube' on which you fit the tips on is very short, shorter than my Sennheiser CX200 and Moxpad X3. Has anyone had a similar experience? If yes, were you able to solve it, or did you just give up and sell/return them?

Thanks,
Kofa

complyfoam tips helped a lot. i had a spare set laying around. worked out great.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,318 of 2,099
  Hi,

Note: I only tried them with the cable running straight down, like the blue version here:

It's one of the least love iems I have because of the fit issue. I use Comply TSX500 tips and wear with the cable over the ears.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,319 of 2,099
  Hi,

Thanks,
Kofa

If its any consolation, the KC06A fit worse. I didn't find any tips that came with the TTPODs fit me. The Sony Hybrids works for me on these and hold them in tight enough to wear up or down. I think the type of silicone matters with these phones

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #1,320 of 2,099
I'm kinda bummed the VSD3S is so sibilant. One thing I liked about the T1e was even though it's a relatively bright sounding IEM, there wasn't much sibilance. The VSD3S is worse than my GR07BE, and that's saying something! Thank Goodness I got the 300h, and on Thursday I'm going big, with a budget of $350-400 on an end game IEM for myself for awhile (I'm excited about recieving my FXT200, but don't think those will be end game tbh). I think I'm going to part ways with the VSD3S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back