TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Nov 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,291 of 2,099
Lucky you. It wouldn't have mattered to me because none of the tips worked for me. My cable is silver. Does this come in different cable colours?

Yeah, I have a bad feeling none of them are going to work for me and I will have to invest in an another set of the Comply 400.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,294 of 2,099
i have the black ones and they do look slick.  i get compliments on them all the time.  they appear solid black in pics, but they do have a slight translucence to them.  if enough light hits them, you can see a glimpse of  the innards. 

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #1,297 of 2,099
After going from the clear SE846 to the stealthy IE800, and getting yet another black iem; it's time to join team clear again!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,300 of 2,099
  how does it compare to the big boys :grin:

Honestly, very well! I'd say these are as good as Sennheiser IE8/80's just going by memory. 

I'm certainly really impressed for the price.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #1,301 of 2,099
Finally got a chance to test my pair out.  FLAC > FiiO E07K and also just straight through my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Through both, I do get a little bit of static when music is low or not playing.  Something I never had happen with any of my many other head/earphones.
Sound signature is neutral, though maybe just a tad warm.  I do enjoy listening to music with these.  Sound is crisp and clear without being fatiguing.  Bass is low and accurate.  

I will never be able to use any standard ear tips.  Those little plastic ones just do not work for me. 
Luckily I had a set of Comply T400 (small) tips laying around.  They fit great and made wearing the TTPOD possible.

I'd say overall I am happy with my purchase, though I think this will be the last IEMs I buy.  I am just more of an earbud kind of guy.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #1,303 of 2,099
Just got them, the sound stage sounds small or narrow it's like a small room or all the instruments close to each other, am I imagining this?
tips make a big difference. keep experimenting for that "ah-ha" moment.

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,304 of 2,099
  Just got them, the sound stage sounds small or narrow it's like a small room or all the instruments close to each other, am I imagining this?

I get that felling with all IEMs and I have tried many different tips. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back