TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #271 of 2,099
FWIW, I know what a decent seal is and what it isn't. Even with wide bore and decent seal, the t1e has amazing bass extension, but less quantity than I expected given everyone's raving.

Not saying it's terrible, not even bad, the sound is really good. Just want to make it clear that this is not the basshead iem some were making it out to be.

I've read the whole thread but haven't come away with the impression that they're bass head IEM. I ordered the T1-E, expecting IEM with some bass emphasis but more importantly good extension and bass quality. We'll see.

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #272 of 2,099
Can't imagine where I would get that idea when this was the first post I read about the t1e.

"AUDIOPHILE BASSHEADS REJOICE!!! :basshead:  

******************************************WARNING*******************************************

If you are a flatter TOTLer/analytical type of audiophile STAY CLEAR OF THESE TTPODs cuz these got BASS!!!"

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #274 of 2,099
Can't imagine where I would get that idea when this was the first post I read about the t1e.

"AUDIOPHILE BASSHEADS REJOICE!!! :basshead:  

******************************************WARNING*******************************************

If you are a flatter TOTLer/analytical type of audiophile STAY CLEAR OF THESE TTPODs cuz these got BASS!!!"
The exact words in addition to thisqquoted text is that they are a "basshead audiophile sound" which is elements of both.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #275 of 2,099
My T1E are not bass-heavy at all. They just sound right, not too little or too much, and excellent quality. I love flat/analytical sounding headphones.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #276 of 2,099
Gorktastick +1

PS is your avatar method man?

@Hisoundfi   You know my steez!  My avatar is, indeed, none other than the Ticallion Stallion.  Mr. Mef.  "Movin on your left".

I'd also like to add to this thread, that with regards to the TTPODs, I agree with many of the posts suggesting WIDE BORE tips.  I find these to provide the best soundstage and low-end rumble.  As for those people who say they aren't getting any bass out of these - are you wearing these cable-down, or over the ear?  The ONLY IEMs I've ever been able to wear cable-down are my Tenores.  Every single other IEM I've ever used I've worn over the ear.  The TTPODs are no exception.  In fact, unless the cables were too short, I don't know why anyone would ever want to wear IEMs without looping them over the ear.  I find I always get a better, more secure fit that way, and I NEVER have issues with cable-noise.  

Also, I have been a professional Hip Hop DJ for half of my life.  I am as "basshead" as they come, and I don't mean I smoke crack.  And for me, for phones to be considered "basshead" caliber, they don't necessarily have to overwhelm the entire sonic spectrum with low end.  Sure, I need me some bass quantity and slam, but I also listen for QUALITY: texture, layering, presence, body, mid-bass AND sub-bass, decay, and perhaps most importantly, synergy with the mids and highs.  And as I find the TTPOD T1-Es to satisfy my extensive checklist for proper bass (they actually give me the sensation of listening to a setup with a high-quality subwoofer), I have no reservations putting them in the "basshead" category of IEM.

Aug 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #277 of 2,099
@Hisoundfi   You know my steez!  My avatar is, indeed, none other than the Ticallion Stallion.  Mr. Mef.  "Movin on your left".

I'd also like to add to this thread, that with regards to the TTPODs, I agree with many of the posts suggesting WIDE BORE tips.  I find these to provide the best soundstage and low-end rumble.  As for those people who say they aren't getting any bass out of these - are you wearing these cable-down, or over the ear?  The ONLY IEMs I've ever been able to wear cable-down are my Tenores.  Every single other IEM I've ever used I've worn over the ear.  The TTPODs are no exception.  In fact, unless the cables were too short, I don't know why anyone would ever want to wear IEMs without looping them over the ear.  I find I always get a better, more secure fit that way, and I NEVER have issues with cable-noise.  

Also, I have been a professional Hip Hop DJ for half of my life.  I am as "basshead" as they come, and I don't mean I smoke crack.  And for me, for phones to be considered "basshead" caliber, they don't necessarily have to overwhelm the entire sonic spectrum with low end.  Sure, I need me some bass quantity and slam, but I also listen for QUALITY: texture, layering, presence, body, mid-bass AND sub-bass, decay, and perhaps most importantly, synergy with the mids and highs.  And as I find the TTPOD T1-Es to satisfy my extensive checklist for proper bass (they actually give me the sensation of listening to a setup with a high-quality subwoofer), I have no reservations putting them in the "basshead" category of IEM.
+1000 on the over the ear stuff

Method Man, and everything from his heyday is awesome. Hip hop from the 1990s to the early 2000s is my favorite.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #279 of 2,099
bjaardker: Um, I think the text you quoted was filled with intentionally exaggerated silliness. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe our definitions of basshead are different. I expect to receive IEM with good bass extension and quality and a bit emphasized bass quantity without compromising mids and highs. I don't expect thunderous bass from anything I've read.

Hisoundfi: Know if H3 are good for more obscure electronic music like Autechre, Boards of Canada, Pan Sonic, etc.?

Aug 18, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #280 of 2,099
This is the most tip dependant IEM I have ever seen. The only tip I was able to find that seals well enough for me to enjoy the bass was an olive shaped one but all the olive shaped tips I own have narrow bors so the treble suffers a bit. It's still a good compromise cause without a good seal the bass disappears almost completely and makes the sound fatiguing.

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #281 of 2,099
This is the most tip dependant IEM I have ever seen. The only tip I was able to find that seals well enough for me to enjoy the bass was an olive shaped one but all the olive shaped tips I own have narrow bors so the treble suffers a bit. It's still a good compromise cause without a good seal the bass disappears almost completely and makes the sound fatiguing.
Did you try tips from other sets of iems?

Double flange tips seem to work well on these as well.

I really like my mh1 tips, and heir tips work good as well.

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #283 of 2,099
Did you try tips from other sets of iems?

Double flange tips seem to work well on these as well.

I really like my mh1 tips, and heir tips work good as well.

Yes. I was using double flange tips since I got the T1E a couple of weeks ago. I generally get a good seal with double flange tips on other sets of IEM's but strangely not on those. Maybe I'll get some more tips from luna shops to try them out.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #285 of 2,099
Hmm, do you think the kz ed special edition is as good as the pistons 2.0 and the t1e's?
I don't ever say something is "better" than something unless is is clearly better in every criteria.

I will say that the kz ed special edition has a epic construction and materials used, and they have a great sound signature that many who like the t1e will enjoy. PS it's only $9!!!

If you like the signature of the t1e you will definitely like the sound of the kzedse. That's almost a promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back