TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #286 of 2,099
I don't ever say something is "better" than something unless is is clearly better in every criteria.

I will say that the kz ed special edition has a epic construction and materials used, and they have a great sound signature that many who like the t1e will enjoy. PS it's only $9!!!

If you like the signature of the t1e you will definitely like the sound of the kzedse. That's almost a promise.

Where can I get them for $9? Havent got my t1e's yet, probably got atleast another week and bit to wait. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #287 of 2,099
  @Hisoundfi   You know my steez!  My avatar is, indeed, none other than the Ticallion Stallion.  Mr. Mef.  "Movin on your left".

I thought you're avy was Cheese on The Wire 
confused.gif

I'm ordering these this week and can't decide on the clear ones or the black ones.  I like being able to see the intricate work on the innards, but I like the darker cable and brass grommets on the black ones.  Decisions....decisions....

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #288 of 2,099
Peter123 any impressions you would like to share on these yet?

I greatly respect your impressions and look forward to your thoughts on these t1E

OK, here we go:
I find that these share a lot of their overall sound signature with the VSD3S. The T1E has more subbas and it's bass in total is really really great.

Unfourtunately I feel like that they remind me a bit of the KC06 in soundstage depth and dynamics. Although they're not as bad as the KC06 in this department the VSD3S is clearly better at this and delivers a more organic and balanced sound to my ears. I also found voices to be more natural on the VSD3S. I wish I could have the VSD3S with the bass of the T1E, makes me curious about the VSD3 but i fear that they'll only have more midbass.

I can easily see people who listen to a lot af bass heavy music loving the T1E but for my taste (remeber I love full size open cans and are used to, and very happy with, the bass of Q701 and SR325is) I think that the VSD3S is more enjoyable. That being said I've got to say one more time that the bass on the T1E's is to die for.

Don't get me wrong, these are really great IEM's but being priced the same as the VSD3S (when I got my pair) and sharing similar overall signature I personally prefer the VSD3S over the T1E. YMMV!

I would also like to say that it's pretty amazing what one can get in the sub $50 market today, makes me very happy (and a bit spoiled).

Peter123 I will never question your loyalty buddy :grin:

How about now 
biggrin.gif

Edit 1: By the way the wedding was great!

Edit 2: I just won an auction for a pair of DT880 600Ohm, that says a lot of what my priorities lies 
gs1000.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #289 of 2,099
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

How about now :D

Edit 2: I just won an auction for a pair of DT880 600Ohm, that says a lot of what my priorities lies :gs1000smile:

peter123

Me wonder now

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #290 of 2,099
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

How about now
biggrin.gif

Edit 2: I just won an auction for a pair of DT880 600Ohm, that says a lot of what my priorities lies
gs1000.gif

@peter123

Me wonder now

Well, my loyalty is to you guys not any brand 
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #292 of 2,099
Just joking...Hisoundfi know that too...me sure ....
I didn't have a chance to go on head fi yesterday. I come back and man oh man, I'm rotfl.

You guys crack me up.

And of course I know you're kidding Wokei. me like jokesters...

I picked out wedding music with my soon to be witch, I mean wife lol. She has to ask me to play them through my stereo and not my kzedse and t1e. I decided to listen to several versions of Canon in d while pretending to crush her head with my finger tips. Muahahaha...

Like peter123 says ymmv. I will say it's pretty unanimous the bass on these are world class. That in combination with the fact that the highs are more relaxed than the vsd3s is what sells it for me. The bass, in your face mids and relaxed but still relevant treble for me make this a much more fun iem to listen to for long periods of time.

peter123 congrats on getting those dt880! You say you won them, was it won with your credit card? Busted! Jkjk Jk! Looking forward to your impressions.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #295 of 2,099
Aug 20, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #299 of 2,099
I didn't have a chance to go on head fi yesterday. I come back and man oh man, I'm rotfl.

You guys crack me up.

And of course I know you're kidding Wokei. me like jokesters...

I picked out wedding music with my soon to be witch, I mean wife lol. She has to ask me to play them through my stereo and not my kzedse and t1e. I decided to listen to several versions of Canon in d while pretending to crush her head with my finger tips. Muahahaha...

Like peter123 says ymmv. I will say it's pretty unanimous the bass on these are world class. That in combination with the fact that the highs are more relaxed than the vsd3s is what sells it for me. The bass, in your face mids and relaxed but still relevant treble for me make this a much more fun iem to listen to for long periods of time.

@peter123 congrats on getting those dt880! You say you won them, was it won with your credit card? Busted! Jkjk Jk! Looking forward to your impressions.

We're here to entertain 
tongue.gif

I also forgot to say conmgratulations on your upcoming wedding, CONGRATULATIONS!

Now I understand why you're hordering stuff 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back