TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #212 of 2,099
Can you elaborate a bit on why you favor the T1E over the KC06A?
The t1e has the better quality bass than the kc06a IMHO. In fact it's some of the best quality bass I've ever heard in an iem. The attack and decay in combination with how low it extends is rare, and superior to the kc06a. YMMV

I like the way the t1e sound transitions from bass to mids better than the kc06a. The KC06A has more of a v signature than the t1e. The t1e has hardly any drop off from bass to mids, and midrange on them is very musical with better imaging than the kc06a.

Soundstage width is better on the kc06a, but depth on the t1e is superior.

Build quality is better on the t1e IMHO. It has a cable cinch, and the strain reliefs are better. I like the quality of the cable better as well.

The treble on the t1e is less fatiguing. I will admit that the kc06a has better detail and separatio, but overall I find the t1e less fatiguing and something I can listen to for hours and hours without fatigue or ever feeling like it plays anything poorly. The t1e is one of the best iems for ability to play every genre of music extremely well.

Again this is my opinion based on what I hear. Kc06a is a fabulous iem that will make others disagree with me. But if I had to pick between the two I would pick the t1e every time.

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #214 of 2,099
Just received my TTPOD T1-E from DX, transparent white and...surprise surprise: no bass !!! :frowning2:  
If I remember correctly, it seems that everybody who got the clear transparent white ones has this problem, regardless of the seller (Penon, LMUE or DX).
How the other ones dealt with this problem ? Did you ask for a replacement ? Did you also contacted TTPOD about QC issues? It's also my first order with DX, so I do not know how they deal with returns :frowning2:

I use daily (and love) the HAVI B3 PRO I and I know what it means "bass light": well, the TTPOD T1-E that I got are "bass null". They make the RE400 sound like bass head IEMs.
I just started the 100 hours burn in process, but I have really small hopes on them, unless during the burn in the bass driver is magically switching on.

To me it looks quite clearly that there's a faulty batch of TTPOD T1-E transparent white, so my suggestion (as stated from other above) is to stick with the other fancier colors. I had "purple" in my basket and changed them to white at the last minute, damn.

Mids and trables sound great and it seem they could really complement the B3... but they should get their bass to work.

Aw man :flushed:. I ordered transparent T1-E from DX. I hope they've got bass!

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #216 of 2,099
I received my T1-E yesterday and first of all I have to give shoutout to penon audio. Everything from ordering paying and packaging was flawless. Awesome service and will have my orders also in the future. I ordered the T1-E in black. I was a bit scared that they would look too big and hideous but quite the contrary. First out off the box with the olive tips they sounded really underwhelming. They had zero bass and really distant sound. Like Hisoundfi has emphasized, I put on the wide bore medium tips that fit me nicely and BOOM the sound changed all together. I LOVE THE T1-E. Can´t wait to do more listening with them. The only gripe I have is the isolation which is not to great. They have quite shallow insertion. But I am not too keen on total isolation so this is a really a minor gripe for me.

I also ordered the penon iem and Sidy dm2. Tried the penon iem for a couple of songs and they sounded awesome also. Still need to try the Sidy.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #217 of 2,099
  That sucks your t1e's have no bass, luckily I ordered the blue ones so hopefully they will be ok. Can I ask when did you order your t1e's from DX (and how long they took to get to you) because im still waiting for DX to dispatch mine, and that was 5 days ago!

It took 3 weeks for delivery, from China to Europe )ordered on July 25th and got them 5 days ago, but I was not at home to test them).

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #218 of 2,099
A bit strange if only the clear ones need burn in to get the right bass :wink:

My sexy purple pair has less bass than I expected from reading here but more than enough to satisfy my needs.

Tbh I also think there's a seal issue, or maybe people just want/are used to even more bass........

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #219 of 2,099
I received my T1-E yesterday and first of all I have to give shoutout to penon audio. Everything from ordering paying and packaging was flawless. Awesome service and will have my orders also in the future. I ordered the T1-E in black. I was a bit scared that they would look too big and hideous but quite the contrary. First out off the box with the olive tips they sounded really underwhelming. They had zero bass and really distant sound. Like Hisoundfi has emphasized, I put on the wide bore medium tips that fit me nicely and BOOM the sound changed all together. I LOVE THE T1-E. Can´t wait to do more listening with them. The only gripe I have is the isolation which is not to great. They have quite shallow insertion. But I am not too keen on total isolation so this is a really a minor gripe for me.

I also ordered the penon iem and Sidy dm2. Tried the penon iem for a couple of songs and they sounded awesome also. Still need to try the Sidy.
You ordered 3 of my all time favorite iems.

Be sure to use the red filters for your dm2 and give them a good 75 hours of burn in before drawing any conclusions on them. It makes a HUGE difference in the treble and high mids.

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #220 of 2,099
A bit strange if only the clear ones need burn in to get the right bass :wink:

My sexy purple pair has less bass than I expected from reading here but more than enough to satisfy my needs.

Tbh I also think there's a seal issue, or maybe people just want/are used to even more bass........
I agree with you totally.

These are not necessarily "basshead" in quantity. It has plenty of slam, but is somewhere along, and slightly more than the GR07BE.

Honestly, none of the provided tips that came with the t1e gave me the sound I get with the large mh1 tips.

One thing I've learned from owning many different iems is that the most vital thing is having/finding the right tip to get the best out of each phone I own.

Also, another aspect to consider is that the same tip doesn't work on every earphone to achieve optimum acoustics. I have different shapes and sizes on many of my iems. Hozzle width and length, whether it is worn over or under the ear, housing shape and weight, and style of cable as well as other factors play a key in determining what tips will work best.

Hope this helps.

Aug 15, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #221 of 2,099
I agree with you totally.

These are not necessarily "basshead" in quantity. It has plenty of slam, but is somewhere along, and slightly more than the GR07BE.

Honestly, none of the provided tips that came with the t1e gave me the sound I get with the large mh1 tips.

One thing I've learned from owning many different iems is that the most vital thing is having/finding the right tip to get the best out of each phone I own.

Also, another aspect to consider is that the same tip doesn't work on every earphone to achieve optimum acoustics. I have different shapes and sizes on many of my iems. Hozzle width and length, whether it is worn over or under the ear, housing shape and weight, and style of cable as well as other factors play a key in determining what tips will work best.

Hope this helps.

+100!

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #222 of 2,099

I'm still in the process of tip rolling. Can't decide between large or medium wide bore tips and coloured or white. My ears are starting to become sore because I'm turning these around and fidgeting with them to get the optimum fit. Also narrower tips seems to make their highs clearer and peak nicely but they sacrifice some sub bass rumble. Anybody has recommendations on tips other than the MH1 tips? Also the nozzles are larger than what I've ever had so I don't have much lying around the house that can fit

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #223 of 2,099
I currently use U900 tips (better isolation) but i have to insert them deep in my ears to get some bass ( I've got the clear one) and for me this is an inconvenient that remind me the fit issue with my Kef M200.

Aug 15, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #225 of 2,099
A bit strange if only the clear ones need burn in to get the right bass
wink.gif

This is what I thought when I read about that on here. It's a little ridiculous to claim that burning in suddenly gives you bass. That just doesn't happen. Any changes burn in makes are about refining rather than revolutionizing sound. If that were the case that bass suddenly appeared, it'd be something like a wire issue or bad solder point. I think you're right on that it's probably a tip issue or people just expecting much more bass.

Btw, how do you find them compared to the VSD3S? Are they really on the level of the GR07 or is that just some hype goin' on? Do I need to get rid of my VSD3S now?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back