TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 14, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #197 of 2,099
Aug 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #200 of 2,099
Ha, just been super busy planning my wedding. It's hard to listen to my lady's wedding ideas with t1e in my ears lol. It's exciting to hear people's impressions as their pairs come in. These are fantastic phones.

Congrats @Hisoundfi!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/Z3tXOv14EPtX6O4LHv1JlbrF8OjyEtYYkGcOBUiSjPb6AKKuzkSfYyjdGLJa4C-zfjTObKNqf-5jPFmEVa6sBdPkzrR8=s0

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #204 of 2,099
Hello everybody new user here. From Singapore :)

I've been following this and the Chinese IEM thread for quite a while now finding the IEM of my preferred sound.
As expected I'm all aboard the hype train in a booth seat alone with the TTPod T1-E in my ears.
Just bought it today. LMUE sells their products from a box where you can audition and buy directly with cash (check out their audition/COD tab).
I auditioned the Havi B3 Pro-2 and the T1-E before purchasing. Got them in the clear blue (what else).
Below is my write-up of the TTPod T1-E right out of the box.

Background: I'm very new to this reviewing thing. I'm 17 and can't get my hands on many of those expensive IEMs. I definitely prefer IEMs for their portability and isolation. However, I've had the chance to test out the great GR07. I've also owned the RedGiant A02 Auricle, Astrotec AX35 (I lost them
frown.gif
). I currently own a pair of NOCS NS300 i got on sale and also the KZ ED1. I listen to a good mix of songs from rock such as Queen, U2, Aerosmith to mainstream pop, rap (good rap like Hopsin, Eminem and the TDE super group Black Hippy) and some EDM.

I chose the T1-E because they had a "fun" sound v-shape with a nice, punchy bass. I wear them cable-down with the blue wide-bore tips. Fortunately i did not encounter the zero-bass or channel imbalance as other people. I'm only using a Samsung Galaxy S4 as my source. I have got no amps. ALERT: I'm not burning these in as i've never done so for any IEMs, I will use it daily and let the sound change gradually.

Packaging:
Very professional. I like the colour, black but abit bluish. Gold-text oozes class. I especially like how the box slides out. Keeps the exterior really clean looking.

Basic plastic packaging inside but with more gold text.

Contents:
Many many tips!! 3 pairs of wide-bore S/M/L and 6 pairs of narrow-bore white tips. All silicone tips with the wide-bore ones having an spiral-like pattern underneath the cap where it meets the canal. Really nice feature, both aesthetically and functionally. It might add a bit more firmness and shape integrity. Sadly no foam tips but the stock ones fit well enough. Some tip-rolling required to get your preferred sound and comfort
Update: The white tips come in narrow bore and wide bore. The white wide bore tips do not have the spiral pattern. Also their core seems stiffer than the coloured wide bore.

Pouch is very basic. Nice velvety exterior and despite being thin, feels very solid and very unlikely to tear. Its actually mesh-like and light can pass through. Your headphones will cool off nicely within the pouch after hours of use.

A velcro wrap around the cable. Nice touch - more on this later.

Build:
Plastic but really well made. I don't really get the two gold hole-like things (the jetpacks). It would be really nice to see how the earphones would be if these were air ports like the GR99. Being abit of a design person, i dislike the fact that the tips touch the main body of the IEM and not only the nozzle. Not much of a difference especially once its in your ear and you can't see it but irks me a little. Strain reliefs are nicely made, stiff but still able to flex abit.

It's all about the cable. Beautiful to look at. It is twisted inside that makes the cable textured. The clear sheath adds shine and rigidity to the cable. I would say the cable is amazing it might not stay in place rolled up but that's probably why they included a velcro strap.

Y-split and jack are really pretty shiny metal. The open top-end of the y-split is not really to my liking but it is probably to let the cable cinch fit nicely with the y-split. The jack is thick and solid, not a fan of tiny jacks. Finally, gold accent on the jack is a beautiful touch.

Fit is a little weird as it is kinda large. I don't know how Gork can have them stuck in his ears. I don't have small ears but these do put some pressure on the ears when i try to fit them in nice and snug.

Sound Quality: 
Out-of-the-box, no burn in, no amp, lack of experience with fantastic earphones remember these through this section.

Highs can be sibilant at times. Soundstage is larger than I expected. Sounds are well separated. Instruments are where these earphones shine. They showcase mids nicely and jazz sounds smooth and clear. Bass is clearly emphasized but not boomy at all. They have good speed and impact. Larger by a little in quantity and very much more detailed than my AX-35.

Sorry I don't have much to write about in the SQ section as I've never tried my hand at reviewing. Soundstage, bass and the highs are apparent features of a sound but its difficult to write about the mids. I will continue practicing and learn from the best right here on Head-Fi.

Conclusion:
I can tell that these have a v-shaped sound signature but they don't skimp on the mids and have wonderful soundstage. They would do best with the current mainstream music and a little bit of rock and EDM. I am a bit of a basshead myself, loving dance tunes, and i was drawn to the fact that these were referred to as a basshead audiophile's IEM.
Very pleased with my purchase. I feel that this was a right choice to get rather than to go all-out bass or fantastic mids.

Hope to receive your feedbacks!

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #205 of 2,099
Hello everybody new user here. From Singapore :)

I've been following this and the Chinese IEM thread for quite a while now finding the IEM of my preferred sound.
As expected I'm all aboard the hype train in a booth seat alone with the TTPod T1-E in my ears.
Just bought it today. LMUE sells their products from a box where you can audition and buy directly with cash (check out their audition/COD tab).
I auditioned the Havi B3 Pro-2 and the T1-E before purchasing. Got them in the clear blue (what else).
Below is my write-up of the TTPod T1-E right out of the box.

Background: I'm very new to this reviewing thing. I'm 17 and can't get my hands on many of those expensive IEMs. I definitely prefer IEMs for their portability and isolation. However, I've had the chance to test out the great GR07. I've also owned the RedGiant A02 Auricle, Astrotec AX35 (I lost them :frowning2: ). I currently own a pair of NOCS NS300 i got on sale and also the KZ ED1. I listen to a good mix of songs from rock such as Queen, U2, Aerosmith to mainstream pop, rap (good rap like Hopsin, Eminem and the TDE super group Black Hippy) and some EDM.

I chose the T1-E because they had a "fun" sound v-shape with a nice, punchy bass. I wear them cable-down with the blue wide-bore tips. Fortunately i did not encounter the zero-bass or channel imbalance as other people. I'm only using a Samsung Galaxy S4 as my source. I have got no amps. [COLOR=FF0000]ALERT[/COLOR]: I'm not burning these in as i've never done so for any IEMs, I will use it daily and let the sound change gradually.

Packaging:
Very professional. I like the colour, black but abit bluish. Gold-text oozes class. I especially like how the box slides out. Keeps the exterior really clean looking.

Basic plastic packaging inside but with more gold text.

Contents:
Many many tips!! 3 pairs of wide-bore S/M/L and 6 pairs of narrow-bore white tips. All silicone tips with the wide-bore ones having an spiral-like pattern underneath the cap where it meets the canal. Really nice feature, both aesthetically and functionally. It might add a bit more firmness and shape integrity. Sadly no foam tips but the stock ones fit well enough. Some tip-rolling required to get your preferred sound and comfort

Pouch is very basic. Nice velvety exterior and despite being thin, feels very solid and very unlikely to tear. Its actually mesh-like and light can pass through. Your headphones will cool off nicely within the pouch after hours of use.

A velcro wrap around the cable. Nice touch - more on this later.

Build:
Plastic but really well made. I don't really get the two gold hole-like things (the jetpacks). It would be really nice to see how the earphones would be if these were air ports like the GR99. Being abit of a design person, i dislike the fact that the tips touch the main body of the IEM and not only the nozzle. Not much of a difference especially once its in your ear and you can't see it but irks me a little. Strain reliefs are nicely made, stiff but still able to flex abit.

It's all about the cable. Beautiful to look at. It is twisted inside that makes the cable textured. The clear sheath adds shine and rigidity to the cable. I would say the cable is amazing it might not stay in place rolled up but that's probably why they included a velcro strap.

Y-split and jack are really pretty shiny metal. The open top-end of the y-split is not really to my liking but it is probably to let the cable cinch fit nicely with the y-split. The jack is thick and solid, not a fan of tiny jacks. Finally, gold accent on the jack is a beautiful touch.

Fit is a little weird as it is kinda large. I don't know how Gork can have them stuck in his ears. I don't have small ears but these do put some pressure on the ears when i try to fit them in nice and snug.

Sound Quality: 
Out-of-the-box, no burn in, no amp, lack of experience with fantastic earphones remember these through this section.

Highs can be sibilant at times. Soundstage is larger than I expected. Sounds are well separated. Instruments are where these earphones shine. They showcase mids nicely and jazz sounds smooth and clear. Bass is clearly emphasized but not boomy at all. They have good speed and impact. Larger by a little in quantity and very much more detailed than my AX-35.

Sorry I don't have much to write about in the SQ section as I've never tried my hand at reviewing. Soundstage, bass and the highs are apparent features of a sound but its difficult to write about the mids. I will continue practicing and learn from the best right here on Head-Fi.

Conclusion:
I can tell that these have a v-shaped sound signature but they don't skimp on the mids and have wonderful soundstage. They would do best with the current mainstream music and a little bit of rock and EDM. I am a bit of a basshead myself, loving dance tunes, and i was drawn to the fact that these were referred to as a basshead audiophile's IEM.
Very pleased with my purchase. I feel that this was a right choice to get rather than to go all-out bass or fantastic mids.

Hope to receive your feedbacks!

+ well done ....nice review and you must have gone to high school like me friend Charliemotta like to say ....woot woot ...fresh meat ...welcome to headfi ....

Aug 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #206 of 2,099
Just received my TTPOD T1-E from DX, transparent white and...surprise surprise: no bass !!!
frown.gif

If I remember correctly, it seems that everybody who got the clear transparent white ones has this problem, regardless of the seller (Penon, LMUE or DX).
How the other ones dealt with this problem ? Did you ask for a replacement ? Did you also contacted TTPOD about QC issues? It's also my first order with DX, so I do not know how they deal with returns :frowning2:

I use daily (and love) the HAVI B3 PRO I and I know what it means "bass light": well, the TTPOD T1-E that I got are "bass null". They make the RE400 sound like bass head IEMs.
I just started the 100 hours burn in process, but I have really small hopes on them, unless during the burn in the bass driver is magically switching on.

To me it looks quite clearly that there's a faulty batch of TTPOD T1-E transparent white, so my suggestion (as stated from other above) is to stick with the other fancier colors. I had "purple" in my basket and changed them to white at the last minute, damn.

Mids and trables sound great and it seem they could really complement the B3... but they should get their bass to work.

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #207 of 2,099
That sucks your t1e's have no bass, luckily I ordered the blue ones so hopefully they will be ok. Can I ask when did you order your t1e's from DX (and how long they took to get to you) because im still waiting for DX to dispatch mine, and that was 5 days ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back