trying to decide on some new IEM's
Jun 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ironbrewer

Head-Fier
I am trying to decide on some new IEM's. I want a very clear sounding IEM for my new HTC EVO 4g LTE. I listen to mostly rock. I want to spend about $100 US. I have narrowed it down to

Vsonic GR06

Brainwaves B2

Meelectronics A161p

Sure SE215

Sound is the most important thing to me, but if it is close I would like controls for my phone.

Currently I am leaning towards the B2's.

I know it is a personal choice, but I have not listened to any of these so advice is most welcome. I need to make the choice soon, because I can get the B@'s for just a bit over $100 right now. If you want to throw out other ideas that is also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 7
I had the se425 and upgraded to the 535. I love them for portable use. Even sometimes for home use.
Also, the se215 (since it has detachable cables) can be bought with an iphone control cable.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 7
By accuracy I guess I mean A neutral sound. One that doesn't have a giant bass boost. I want it to sound how the musician recorded it to sound. I want a wide sound stage, good instrument separation, clear sound(not muddy), well balanced, more towards the analytical side. I don't want to have to amp them. And I'll add the Monster Miles Davis since they are having a screaming deal as well.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 7
I own the HF3 and the FXD80. The HF3 are more mid centric with lots of sparkle and a tight bass that some find a bit to light.

The FXD80 currently has a bit elevated mid-bass but aside from that is probably a bit more neutral.

They both have very good detail.

The FXD80 has the larger sound stage.

The HF3 has maybe a smidge more instrument separation.

One thing to note is my FXD80 are very new so some things like separation and the hightened mid-bass will likely change as they drivers settle in.

I like them both but I suspect with time I will prefer the FXD80 a bit more.

Can`t really go wrong with either though unless you want more bass then the HFx may be a bit to light for you. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back