TRN impressions thread
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3,196 of 3,807
The BAX hasn't gotten much attention, so it's hard to tell by the few reviews alone.
BGGAR wasn't a fan, but I don't pay much attention to any review that doesn't even attempt to replace the cable, tips, or EQ the problem areas. Not one headphone or IEM I have ever listened to was at it's best without EQ.
HBB wasn’t a fan of the Bax intensity. Yet he didn’t truly dislike the sound, he just wasn't fully positive about it. He ended kinda so-so about it. Actually I’m a fan of the included cable? It’s not bad at all. Truly I don’t even know why I love the Bax so much? While it’s a beast in a way, it also has finesse to what it does. Just the way it does bass and the total size of the soundstage, maybe is what separates it from many IEMs in it’s price point?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #3,197 of 3,807
HBB wasn’t a fan of the Bax intensity. Yet he didn’t truly dislike the sound, he just wasn't fully positive about it. He ended kinda so-so about it. Actually I’m a fan of the included cable? It’s not bad at all. Truly I don’t even know why I love the Bax so much? While it’s a beast in a way, it also has finesse to what it does. Just the way it does bass and the total size of the soundstage, maybe is what separates it from many IEMs in it’s price point?
I've found the BAX the most versatile for different genres, also beneficial to run through a DAC but more than capable without.

Jun 17, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #3,198 of 3,807
Exactly......if there was someone who wanted to use a phone, then would go home to use a desktop or DAP......the Bax has them covered. That was one special thing I noticed, and that level of being great from any source is actually rare in my searches.

And it works for many genres of music..........stuff like this isn’t always put into emphasis, yet those two concepts are important really in daily use.
I've found the BAX the most versatile for different genres, also beneficial to run through a DAC but more than capable without.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #3,199 of 3,807
Exactly......if there was someone who wanted to use a phone, then would go home to use a desktop or DAP......the Bax has them covered. That was one special thing I noticed, and that level of being great from any source is actually rare in my searches.

And it works for many genres of music..........stuff like this isn’t always put into emphasis, yet those two concepts are important really in daily use.

Interesting stuff. The BAX has been on my radar for a while. Seems the reviews have been somewhat mixed but it remains on my potential buy list because of conversations like this one. It does appear that the BAX has a special quality about it.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #3,200 of 3,807
Interesting stuff. The BAX has been on my radar for a while. Seems the reviews have been somewhat mixed but it remains on my potential buy list because of conversations like this one. It does appear that the BAX has a special quality about it.
The thing about phone use is the Bax throws in the bigness and vibrancy into the mix, then home it gets even nicer up-scaling!

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #3,201 of 3,807
I take my words back. The spare nozzles actually work but you need to put the filters on which they forgot to apply in factory and I have received them in a separate mail.

I was worried about this, so I asked in the official store, and they have just replied that they have checked it and all future purchases are sent with the filters applied, so good news.

Now, waiting for more impressions, but it seems like a good purchase for Ali summer sale.

Jun 20, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #3,204 of 3,807
Burn-in.........50-100 hours. The resolution is there to a point, but will come as soundstage expands and bass becomes actualized. EST drivers totally require burn-in.
BAX, Kirin and T1 Max arrived today. Running the BAX now and I'm liking it, but I'm noticing an immediate lack of resolution that I would expect at the price point. Not dialed in yet.

Jun 20, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #3,205 of 3,807
BAX, Kirin and T1 Max arrived today. Running the BAX now and I'm liking it, but I'm noticing an immediate lack of resolution that I would expect at the price point. Not dialed in yet.
Try a non-TRN cables :D

I also had the same first impression, then I just warmed up and everything became fine

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #3,208 of 3,807
I hope an AutoEQ setting becomes available for the BAX. The stock tuning isn't ideal for me, but my rough EQ adjustments have made it really enjoyable so far. A fully crafted PEQ curve can get this on another level.

It kind of justifies the ability to have Sonion ESTs under a $300 price point in doing this. I would be livid if I spent $400-500 on this like most other Tribrids (I would just go back to my Hifiman Edition XS and call it a day for the same price).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #3,209 of 3,807
First impression of the TA1 Max, its quite spectacular for the money. For $46 this is amazing, My first ever iem was the Simgot MT3 which blew my mind, having listened to $300 IEMs now and hearing these for the first time really puts into perspective how much you are getting for the price. Treble is crystal clear, one of the only IEMs where I cannot immediately tell that a BA is used in the driver configuration, and with some burn in time, the bass sounds like it will become eerily similar to my FiiO FD3. Scales with better amplification as well, playing from a phone does not do these justice. Soundstage is very wide but not tall. Everything that is supposed to reverb or echo comes across very well, lots of space and air to the sound up top, class leading (>$70). Instrument separation is decent, but still better than anything else I have heard at $46.

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #3,210 of 3,807
First impression of the TA1 Max, its quite spectacular for the money. For $46 this is amazing, My first ever iem was the Simgot MT3 which blew my mind, having listened to $300 IEMs now and hearing these for the first time really puts into perspective how much you are getting for the price. Treble is crystal clear, one of the only IEMs where I cannot immediately tell that a BA is used in the driver configuration, and with some burn in time, the bass sounds like it will become eerily similar to my FiiO FD3. Scales with better amplification as well, playing from a phone does not do these justice. Soundstage is very wide but not tall. Everything that is supposed to reverb or echo comes across very well, lots of space and air to the sound up top, class leading (>$70). Instrument separation is decent, but still better than anything else I have heard at $46.
$46 value, check.
Invisible BA, check.
Not great from a phone, check.
Scales to the moon on better gear, double-check.
Instrument separation, check.
Soundstage wide, not tall, check.
Reverberated sounds get great playback, check.
Crystal-clear treble, check.
Best thing for $46 on the planet, check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back