TRN impressions thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,831 of 3,805
I quite like the T200, even if the functionality isn't the best out there. My review is now live.

Nice review. I just wanted to say that on my pair they both auto connect with each other and the device when ever you pull them out of the case. I have had some issues but they are rectified by putting them back in the case and resetting them, pulling them out and then re connecting to device. In the month or so I have had them they have never cut out while listening. Isolation is ridiculously good too. Cant hear anything with them in.

Sound impressions are spot on. The bass is pretty weak with almost no rumble, the mids are thin and the treble is bright. LOL Its about as far away from my preferred signature as can possibly be. :) I do find that I can find some genres that sound outstanding with them like ENKA, but for the most part I am very uninspired listening to them.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #1,832 of 3,805
Nice review. I just wanted to say that on my pair they both auto connect with each other and the device when ever you pull them out of the case. I have had some issues but they are rectified by putting them back in the case and resetting them, pulling them out and then re connecting to device. In the month or so I have had them they have never cut out while listening. Isolation is ridiculously good too. Cant hear anything with them in.

Sound impressions are spot on. The bass is pretty weak with almost no rumble, the mids are thin and the treble is bright. LOL Its about as far away from my preferred signature as can possibly be. :) I do find that I can find some genres that sound outstanding with them like ENKA, but for the most part I am very uninspired listening to them.
I quite like the sound and you might be surprised to hear the $200 Hifiman TWS600 (now miraculously reduced to $99) have about 1/2 the bass and stoopid amounts of boosted upper mids, along with an enormous footprint :p If not for the questionable materials of the Yy Q70, I would be hyping them but mine have hairline fractures at the bottom of each stem already.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,833 of 3,805
:L3000:Hey I just got my TRN ST-1 with mic cables. First impression that I got it is comfortable to wear and the looks are not that cheap because it's shiny metallic , isolation is quite great at the price of 14$ I got. So now we are talking about the sound quality and I am owning trn ba5 and trn st 1 :
1. Low : rumble type of bass for bass heads acceptable
2. MID : Vocal is clear at this price surprisingly I was entertained
3. High : it is not as loud as kz zsn pro series , hmmm it is more comfortable to hear , not harsh

To increase the sound quality you can use cables of any since it's hybrid iem , I use KZ Bluetooth module aptx , and it is really good , mid is getting better and bass slightly reduce , and treble raise .

In some song st1 sound better but for female vocal zsn pro sound better to me.

Zsnp

St1

I think im going to order qkz vk4, i heard its sound very good.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,834 of 3,805
I quite like the sound and you might be surprised to hear the $200 Hifiman TWS600 (now miraculously reduced to $99) have about 1/2 the bass and stoopid amounts of boosted upper mids, along with an enormous footprint :p If not for the questionable materials of the Yy Q70, I would be hyping them but mine have hairline fractures at the bottom of each stem already.
Thanks for the heads-up on the hifiman tws. Not my signature for sure. I like bass. :)

That said the t200 does offer a lot for $32. I was drawn to the size, weight, waterproofing, and battery life. I also think TRN knows a little something about BT. Very good track record I'm with there wireless stuff.

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #1,835 of 3,805

Zsnp

St1

Thanks for those vids & music, gotta check them out and see how the different IEMs are able to make sense of it :)

yeah, the qkz vk4 has been recommended and mentioned in various places, I wonder if they are really that great

Out of the TRN V90, BLON BL-03 and the ST1 I like the bass of the ST1 better - weird but true (ymmv)

The tuning is quite interesting cause it seems to be capable to somewhat expose flaws in files, conversion or encoding artifacts (low bitrate) on e.g. Youtube videos and sources which are on the weaker end

yet the highs aren't too piercing or not piercing at all - certain MP3 bitrates are more "edgy", treble-focused and you can hear quite quickly when that is the case with the ST1.

This is a pretty remarkable set for that low price, not sure how I would feel when I would have had to pay e.g. 20 USD vs. the **** or the TRN V80

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #1,836 of 3,805
I agree st1 sound better than zsnp in general. Those two iem are my first ba and i think i dont like how it sound.

I have qkz vk1 which i treat like trash but last night i decided to listen it again and i actually like how its sound, its not perfect but i like it.

Dec 25, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #1,837 of 3,805
I dk . For me trn st1 is more like u shape signature and its tuning based on experience users , i shoud thank trn engineers for that . With this kind of price and tuning sound , i think i am happy to buy trn st1 . Kz zsn pro Will be more powerful in terms of loudness and slightly more bass yet it is not as neat as trn st1 . Trn st1 deliver mid that is more forward and imaging much better than kz zsn pro.sound stage same to both. Kz zsn pro deliver v shape sound signature .

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #1,838 of 3,805
Thanks for those vids & music, gotta check them out and see how the different IEMs are able to make sense of it :)

yeah, the qkz vk4 has been recommended and mentioned in various places, I wonder if they are really that great

Out of the TRN V90, BLON BL-03 and the ST1 I like the bass of the ST1 better - weird but true (ymmv)

The tuning is quite interesting cause it seems to be capable to somewhat expose flaws in files, conversion or encoding artifacts (low bitrate) on e.g. Youtube videos and sources which are on the weaker end

yet the highs aren't too piercing or not piercing at all - certain MP3 bitrates are more "edgy", treble-focused and you can hear quite quickly when that is the case with the ST1.

This is a pretty remarkable set for that low price, not sure how I would feel when I would have had to pay e.g. 20 USD vs. the **** or the TRN V80

Here st1 sound better than zsnp, in this recording zsnp have something missing in between bass and treble as if the dd and ba disconected.

Dec 27, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #1,839 of 3,805

Zsnp

St1

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pieces of music, and hope you find what you’re looking for.

I can confirm they sound magnificent through the BA5s, great open, clear soundstage and separation of harmonies. These are definitely my best iems for my kind of vocals, though they roll off lower mids ever so slightly. For speed, clarity and tone I can’t fault them. Super musical (with a copper cable)!

505181CB-76E4-4943-8FD6-6E42EBD83F82.jpeg

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,840 of 3,805
Been trying out my BA5 for a couple of days now.

First impressions:

BUILD - Shells look very nice and contoured, with pleasant material. They look as if they might be a complicated fit, but they are surprisingly comfortable. Comfort and seal is good out-of-the-box, and I have not engaged in cable-changing or tip-rolling. [Even though I bought this cable, I think, for the BA5:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000141337661.html ]

The shell is reminiscent of the V90 in some way, such as its smoothness and material. Mine is a rich shade of black that glistens attractively, and there is a cool grille on the exterior. There is some isolation, but not much more than a V80 for me. The BA5 fits me much better than the V90. The stock cable has no microphonic issues, and isn't tangle-prone. It's worth noting that the seller shipped it pretty quickly following the 12.12 sale.

AUDIO - My first impression of the sound quality is that the BA5 is very CLEAR. Playing prog rock, jazz, and hip-hop at first, the BA5 separated elements pretty well. Vocals are usually distinct. In Yelawolf's 'Pop the Trunk,' the BA5 delivered less bass information than the V90. However, I found it easier to follow the vocals, and this was not an isolated incident.

Directionality or sound positioning is also pretty good, probably a result of the all-BA setup. I can actually tell that there's a bunch of BAs positioned all over, hearing the mixing coming from distinct locations. The BA5 predictably aces Bowie's "Space Oddity" in this regard. I find the BA5 comparable to the King Pro, here.

Tuning or timbre is relatively 'mature' as far as my IEMs go. It's not as 'musical' as the CNT-1, King Pro, or ZS7, and in this regard, it reminds me of the V90. This has advantages and disadvantages. I'm experiencing roundness and not peaks, which is good. It's a pretty smooth IEM, actually. On the other hand, I find that the treble in particular lacks 'sparkle' and air. The highs should be more emotional, at least that's my preferred tuning usually. I noticed this lack of emotion in the middle of "The Best of the Alan Parsons Project" album.

The instrumental strengths of the IEM, as far as I can tell, seem to be in percussion. Drums and other percussion tracks are crisp, and distinct. I think that they often have more impact than the bass. The BA5 reliably keeps the beat. In classical tracks, brass has some punch to it, although I sometimes find the strings a bit weak. The BA5 can render them as rich and full in Boulez's Rhapsodie Espagnole, so maybe it's a recording issue.

I wasn't sure exactly that the BA5 was _for_, so tried Daft Punk's Discovery album. Here, it presented the bass tastefully, but not too large, as in "Something about You." Synth instruments were handled well in multiple tracks, and of course the percussion was crisp.

In any case, this is a clear-sounding IEM that provides good separation and positioning. It utilizes many of the strengths that are associated with BAs. I think I'll try the music mentioned in the posts above, to see how the BA5 performs.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,841 of 3,805
Thank you for sharing these wonderful pieces of music, and hope you find what you’re looking for.

I can confirm they sound magnificent through the BA5s, great open, clear soundstage and separation of harmonies. These are definitely my best iems for my kind of vocals, though they roll off lower mids ever so slightly. For speed, clarity and tone I can’t fault them. Super musical (with a copper cable)!

Thank you, for now i just listen to st1 and vk1 until vk4 arrive, zsnp back into the box.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #1,842 of 3,805
I gave the V90 as a Christmas gift, and they were a big hit :). I don't actually have them myself, maybe I should change that...

I've been spending a lot of time with the BA5 over the past 2 weeks, and I continue to be impressed. My impressions are actually very similar to what @ShakeThoseCans just described. I'm enjoying the crisp presentation and the layering/detail presented in the midrange. And the bass is really good for complex tracks where you don't need to have a deep sub bass hit. It's a very quick, agile bass presentation.

And while comfort will be subjective for everybody based on their ear size/shape, BA5 are possibly the most comfortable shells I own. They fit me almost like they were custom made, very comfortable and surprisingly great passive isolation for me.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,843 of 3,805
Good for you. IDK why phonograph rate trn ba5 that poor , sucks jealousy comes. I strongly disagree with it. I use for almost a month ,and I enjoyed it with my **** 16 core cables , many classic songs and vocal oriented are being digged very well in TRN BA5 , such small details that I had known for another 200$ Fioo iem that only use one single Knowles balance armature . I think TRN ask help from kopi Kaya to develop this with a lot of effort . I hate to say it , it is really worth and thanks to him , his works amazing. Another suprisingly tuned trn st-1 also did very well at those price, I play pop , beat songs , and drums instrumental also nice .

Dec 27, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #1,844 of 3,805
Good for you. IDK why phonograph rate trn ba5 that poor , sucks jealousy comes. I strongly disagree with it. I use for almost a month ,and I enjoyed it with my **** 16 core cables , many classic songs and vocal oriented are being digged very well in TRN BA5 , such small details that I had known for another 200$ Fioo iem that only use one single Knowles balance armature . I think TRN ask help from kopi Kaya to develop this with a lot of effort . I hate to say it , it is really worth and thanks to him , his works amazing. Another suprisingly tuned trn st-1 also did very well at those price, I play pop , beat songs , and drums instrumental also nice .
Easy. TRN quality control is garbage. They got a borked set and reviewed what they were given. Their graph is a giant what

BTW my set is phenomenal and is also like a custom fit IEM. Surprised I like an all BA set this much.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,845 of 3,805
Jumped on the TRN/Chifi bandwagon and am impressed w/ the V90's. Being picky, but wish they weren't so V-shaped and were maybe a tiny bit more smoother up top, but overall I get that great bang for you buck type of feeling. Only hoping they'll last at least a year. Also got the IM-2 and am not too crazy about them. The soundstage is very narrow and at times feel like the shells could have benefited from being vented. Never seen a dynamic earphone without a vent. Can someone advise how the new ST-1 compares to the IM-2? I'm looking at a backup solution for monitoring situations. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back