TRN impressions thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,818 of 3,805
hi, its been some time since ive been here, ive got sad news for myself, my BA05 right sight went dim (bass is gone) and shows no sign of coming back even after leaving it for 2 days, the age of this earphone is around 1 month ish (arrives at november)
ill contact my aliexpress seller and see what can be done

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #1,819 of 3,805
Well after i test for 3 days. Trn St 1 voice timbre are natural , yet male voices are neutral and female voices are more enchanting , song playes Ed Sheeran beautiful in white and Selena Gomes lose you to love me , with flac files audio format . I change use between these two Zsn pro and trn st1 , i see the bass of trn St 1 are sightly longer than Zsn pro and Trebel are more recess than Zsn pro . So sound signature are more well balanced , i played most with it in 6 hours in total with varies of songs .

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,820 of 3,805
hi, its been some time since ive been here, ive got sad news for myself, my BA05 right sight went dim (bass is gone) and shows no sign of coming back even after leaving it for 2 days, the age of this earphone is around 1 month ish (arrives at november)
ill contact my aliexpress seller and see what can be done
Don't you clean first ? Maybe because of ear wax sometimes , me experience lower voices because of ear wax ( liquid) then fell into the port audio , i clean it with fiber cloth)

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #1,821 of 3,805
Well after raving about my BT3S a weird thing started happening - the balance starts to shift to the left. Then it fixes itself sometimes. This is with multiple different bluetooth sources. I wondered if it was my CCA earphones, so I switched the sides, and that reset it to normal middle balance again. I'm dumbfounded. Has this happened to anybody else?

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,822 of 3,805
Don't you clean first ? Maybe because of ear wax sometimes , me experience lower voices because of ear wax ( liquid) then fell into the port audio , i clean it with fiber cloth)
I wont come here to share my experience if i havent done that, did everything i could, blow on it, leave it in a silica drawer desk, heat it up with a hairdryer a bit, open the back & check the cables, nothing

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,824 of 3,805
Well after raving about my BT3S a weird thing started happening - the balance starts to shift to the left. Then it fixes itself sometimes. This is with multiple different bluetooth sources. I wondered if it was my CCA earphones, so I switched the sides, and that reset it to normal middle balance again. I'm dumbfounded. Has this happened to anybody else?
thats earphone dependant, some says because of moisture

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,825 of 3,805
Out of curiosity how can products like the BT20s just fit a battery that gives you 8 hours when a pair of real true wireless like the master dynamic mw07 plus have 10 hours? There's no actual audio componets in the BTS20 and its volume is much bigger, yet it has a worse battery life than the MW07 plus? I'm not an engineer so maybe I missed something?

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,826 of 3,805
You should look at mAh specs. BT20S maybe has more battery to drive harder to drive earphones? While maybe not being particularly efficient?

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #1,827 of 3,805
You should look at mAh specs. BT20S maybe has more battery to drive harder to drive earphones? While maybe not being particularly efficient?

Yeah prob less efficient, I compared them to a true wireless that also got 8 hours of battery life:

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3f...csheets/T5-True-Wireless_Spec-Sheet_v01-2.pdf

The T5's actually got a smaller battery 55 mah vs 70 mah, I'm just surprised that they cant fit a a larger battery in the BT20s, considering they are much larger and with no actual audio components.

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,828 of 3,805
:L3000:Hey I just got my TRN ST-1 with mic cables. First impression that I got it is comfortable to wear and the looks are not that cheap because it's shiny metallic , isolation is quite great at the price of 14$ I got. So now we are talking about the sound quality and I am owning trn ba5 and trn st 1 :
1. Low : rumble type of bass for bass heads acceptable
2. MID : Vocal is clear at this price surprisingly I was entertained
3. High : it is not as loud as kz zsn pro series , hmmm it is more comfortable to hear , not harsh

To increase the sound quality you can use cables of any since it's hybrid iem , I use KZ Bluetooth module aptx , and it is really good , mid is getting better and bass slightly reduce , and treble raise .

just got them (TRN ST1) delivered via postal service

the bass appears quite nice
need to listen more to it, burn it in and compare to other IEMs (perhaps brain burn in)
vocals indeed sound nice - I need to compare it to the other single BA IEM I have (the Audiosense T180), the experience is quite difference vs. the TRN V90 I listened to yesterday
doesn't feel too harsh or harsh at all - using it with a yoyo 16-core upgrade cable type-c connector

it needs A LOT power and volume to be even at the same loudness level, running it currently with SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB DAC, volume level is at 40 (usually at 4-8 with the TRN V90 and the Nicehck NX7)

*edit*:

upon further re-evaluation around 20 volume also works quite nicely

better not ramp it up too high for hearing's sake :cold_sweat:

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #1,829 of 3,805
Well it feels great isn't it, trn st-1 might be for long nappers who listen at 50 percent to 70 percent without having problem of the sound pierce through your ear drum. I use shanling and power amp also trn 8 core cables. I think pop songs are really nice in this iem , it has nice beat . I compare it with trn ba 5 which is more analytical and had micro details , and trn st-1 also had micro details if you use smallest eartips or foam eartips, it is really a plus star for this price!! Mid is backward a little than trn ba5 but still clear . Bass is really rumble and still didn't cover mid sector frequency which is nice I think. Treble you can expect more safety in this iem , it is more like U shape sound signature not V shape sound signature

Attachments

• IMG20191222162631.jpg
    IMG20191222162631.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back