TRN impressions thread
Jun 26, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #481 of 3,805
I like my TRN IM2’s very much, the V80 and these are my favs. (I never experienced weird high end on V80’s) tell TRN with the new sound tubes and new metal end that tips tend to slide back on steel piece so it felt like it was way to short and I couldn’t get solid seal for any length of time. Today I found a little bag of rings I got with some other IEMS way back. Three colors each being different width, finally found the middle size to be correct with a pair of two tier flange tips I still had (waiting on more to arrive hopefully). Made them fit and seal like a glove.....huge difference with solid bass and clear high end. My third set of IEMs that benefit from these two tier flanges.

Okay... Will feedback to them.

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #482 of 3,805
Done!

Screenshot_2019-06-27-10-39-59-359_com.tencent.mm.jpg

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #484 of 3,805
I co-own and co-manage a production house. I also teach audio and video production courses at a local polytechnic.

Oh I see, it must be very interesting job! Do you're very good in this domain.

When I tuned it, they wanted something complementary to V80 but using only 1DD + 1BA.

In don't like v80 tuning, I find the sound very weirde and unpleasant. I prefer V30 which is very fun and more mature for me

Jun 27, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #486 of 3,805
I know what you mean. I, too, prefer such tuning but there are folks who like V80-kind of sound. Can't please them all.
Hey now, I resemble that remark!..... lol

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #487 of 3,805
Hey now, I resemble that remark!..... lol

You see, a lot of people think it is the tuner who decides what sound goes into an IEM. Actually, it is the management who decides. On the other hand, the tuner will try his/hers best to give the most appealing sound possible. The "go-ahead" still lies on the management.

Just look at how many tuners are involved in the Tin Hifi P1 project. I heard more than 20 influential earphone enthusiasts from both China and international were given samples in exchange for feedback. In the end, it is the management who decides whose suggestions to implement.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #488 of 3,805
I got my BT20S today.

My first impressions are that there is an audible noise floor in a quiet environment (even when music is playing) and the wires are a little stiff.

It runs apt codec (android) and I don't see any obvious lag in YouTube

PS. I am using a pair of AAW ciem

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #489 of 3,805
I know what you mean. I, too, prefer such tuning but there are folks who like V80-kind of sound. Can't please them all.

Ah ah of course ! But it's the magic of sound, rare are Iem that are bad, just a different approach

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #490 of 3,805
I got my BT20S today.

My first impressions are that there is an audible noise floor in a quiet environment (even when music is playing) and the wires are a little stiff.

It runs apt codec (android) and I don't see any obvious lag in YouTube

PS. I am using a pair of AAW ciem

Noise is something that is unavoidable; at least this is what TRN told me. Even the best Bluetooth module has noise. This is also why I refuse to use anything with Bluetooth except my Braun electric toothbrush and an Anker portable wireless speaker I use in my kitchen to listen to BBC.

Also, some IEMs have higher tendency to sound hissy compared to others. For example, both of TRN's own X6 and V80 have quite substantial amount of noise according to customer feedback. No problem with the rest of the V or IM-series IEMs though.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #491 of 3,805
Ah ah of course ! But it's the magic of sound, rare are Iem that are bad, just a different approach

Yup, that's being very positive of you.

A fine example is TRN X6. A LOT OF PEOPLE HATE IT... BUT also many love it. Not many on Head-Fi but in other headphone community I visited, a few of them have nothing but good things to say. Well, I don't wish to trigger any anger here proclaiming this... Better shut up!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #492 of 3,805
You still don't get it... The objective is to make you buy accessories. Just like a gaming PC. Your basic setup won't cut it if you want high-performance gaming experience. And mind you, the basic setup is never "decent". You will need extra memory, faster storage, more powerful GPU and extreme cooling solutions for CPU overclocking, etc.

The abovemention applies to IEMs, and yes, even for Chi-Fi. That's because TRN makes and sells accessories. More ways and reasons to make you spend. And now you know why I don't buy IEM. It is both a trap and a bottomless pit!

By the way, who says Chi-Fi is "budget"? Five years ago maybe, but Chi-Fi IEMs are getting pricier every year. With this ongoing trade war, prices are going up even more. The cheapest KZ earphones used to cost less than US$5. How much are they now?

SO true. Japanese cars used to be considered "Budget". Now look at Lexus etc. Pricy? Yes. More valuable than BMW etc? SURE!!!!

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #493 of 3,805
Noise is something that is unavoidable; at least this is what TRN told me. Even the best Bluetooth module has noise. This is also why I refuse to use anything with Bluetooth except my Braun electric toothbrush and an Anker portable wireless speaker I use in my kitchen to listen to BBC.

Also, some IEMs have higher tendency to sound hissy compared to others. For example, both of TRN's own X6 and V80 have quite substantial amount of noise according to customer feedback. No problem with the rest of the V or IM-series IEMs though.

What noise? I don't hear it one my bt20. It is the same as hiss that happens usually on sensitive IEM?

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #494 of 3,805
I'm trying to be positive, but at the same time...if they are screwing customers on $5-10 cables, it makes me wonder how many iems and daps that some of these companies are making shortcuts on. I'm not sure I can trust anything anymore. I was gonna pull the plug on a TFZ No. 3 and a Fiio M11...but now I don't know. Like I said in an earlier post, if they screw people on a cable, I cant imagine what they might do for other gear that costs much more. I'd hate to think that the M11 I have my eye on, is made with sub standard parts, for example. This cable fiasco casts a bad eye on Chifi when they were really starting to look like a great alternative to the higher priced western stuff. If it turns out that this lower priced stuff is just junk, I guess I'm gonna get kicked out of the hobby again. I can't afford Empire Ears, 64 Audio, etc. I know there's alot of Chifi that has so far been really good, but TRN has disgraced their entire country and all the innovative honest companies from there.

entire country?? are you serious?

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #495 of 3,805
Noise is something that is unavoidable; at least this is what TRN told me. Even the best Bluetooth module has noise.

I'm not sure I buy that... There are always things you can do to reduce the noise - from shielding the internals from the radio portion, to using separate processors for transmission and audio processing/amplification. I'm in no way an expert on this, but I refuse to believe that a seemingly competent company like TRN can't improve the noise floor when just about every other TWS I've tried doesn't have an audible noise floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back