TRN impressions thread
Jun 26, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #3,241 of 3,808
Always so invigorating to read articulate reactions to the actual product versus conspiracy theories. Plus stellar pictures!

DB785E68-EBE8-499D-9E57-009CFC85ED7A.jpeg

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #3,243 of 3,808
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #3,244 of 3,808
about sound guides: sound guides change the sound, although not significantly, but the differences are noticeable.
1) short - neither here nor there, a light, even sound, which reminded me of Shuoer s12;
2) medium - the middle is felt, the bass has gathered a little, the beat is already felt, the treble has become a little more. With this filter, they are remotely similar to Tinhifi P1 Max (specifically in mid);
3) the longest - "the sound of the shortest" + more treble and bass.

On the stage - medium, about 7Hz Timeless.

In general, the ears did not jump higher than all the other planars, but they did not fall face down in the mud either. The sound is closer to Shuoer S12, but the scene is smaller (in S12 it is straight "3rd"), a bit harsh.

The fit in ear is great.

Waiting for Dioko 😀

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #3,246 of 3,808
about sound guides: sound guides change the sound, although not significantly, but the differences are noticeable.
1) short - neither here nor there, a light, even sound, which reminded me of Shuoer s12;
2) medium - the middle is felt, the bass has gathered a little, the beat is already felt, the treble has become a little more. With this filter, they are remotely similar to Tinhifi P1 Max (specifically in mid);
3) the longest - "the sound of the shortest" + more treble and bass.

On the stage - medium, about 7Hz Timeless.

In general, the ears did not jump higher than all the other planars, but they did not fall face down in the mud either. The sound is closer to Shuoer S12, but the scene is smaller (in S12 it is straight "3rd"), a bit harsh.

The fit in ear is great.

Waiting for Dioko 😀
How do they compare in terms of resolution?

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #3,247 of 3,808
How do they compare in terms of resolution?
at the farthest high frequencies (after about 8 kHz) there is a peak that gives airiness and some pseudo-detail, but you get a little tired of such a sound, it is a little annoying.

and if we simplify some points, then about the same level as Letshuoer S12 and 7Hz without filter.

With a short sound guide, I confess honestly, the detail subsides somewhat, but just a little.

It is also important to understand that the headphones are sensitive to the wire (the stock one gives more treble), and the ear pads (short wide ones give more midrange and bass, long narrow ones give more treble).

Jun 27, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,248 of 3,808
at the farthest high frequencies (after about 8 kHz) there is a peak that gives airiness and some pseudo-detail, but you get a little tired of such a sound, it is a little annoying.

and if we simplify some points, then about the same level as Letshuoer S12 and 7Hz without filter.

With a short sound guide, I confess honestly, the detail subsides somewhat, but just a little.

It is also important to understand that the headphones are sensitive to the wire (the stock one gives more treble), and the ear pads (short wide ones give more midrange and bass, long narrow ones give more treble).
Thanks for the detail. Yea I think the resolution of these IEMs actually depend greatly on the cables too.
And I used to find the upper treble a bit annoying before the burn-in and it was fine in lower volume but it's almost gone after 80hrs. I think since the harmonics of the fundemental frequencies of instruments can stretch way beyond the FR of an IEM, it should be beneficial to have more extended upper range like the Kirin.

Oh by the way, try switching gain. With my M8 I find it most revealing in low gain, but there are times when high gain is in favor that the bass and the treble can be more balanced (compressed) in sound pressure so when you increase the volume the treble can get clearer without being too bright.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #3,250 of 3,808
0E5882DB-3C58-42AC-BDD8-49EB979CF7E7.jpeg

Jun 28, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #3,251 of 3,808
Based on Crinacle's graph and AutoEQ from his graph tool, this is what was needed to EQ near Harman 2019 v2:

Screenshot 2022-06-28 165055.png

Those peaks and dips are nuts. That's not a good reference tuning for the price being charged.
The BAX sounds significantly better with this AutoEQ.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 165917.png

Attachments

• TRN BAX Filters.txt
    500 bytes · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #3,253 of 3,808
So I got kirin yesterday, looked at the tuning nozzles and saw nothing inside. How is it supposed to look inside 🤔
Hello :wink:
IMG_20220625_135156_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

Only mid nozzle does have a mesh :)

IMG_20220625_134629_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg

And what inside... the emitter is in translucent plastic, it is difficult to catch the light, but I got this photo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back