Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Mar 9, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #1,247 of 1,725
False advertising?
no, I don't think so. It is 95% HBB creation... from discovering the Oxygen's driver (in fact Tanchjim bought it off the shelf just like Tripowin is) is available to anyone, to deciding to use the MELE shell because it fit most people so well, and then having to re-engineer that shell shape and nozzle width during the tuning process, to changing the angle of the nozzle for better fit, to experimenting with different placement of the driver within the shell. Everything except that small increase in energy in the lower treble. In reality it IS very close to Oxygen. Some of us are just really, really picky.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #1,248 of 1,725
why won't you give the mod a try ? easy to do and undo, filters are included you won't use all of them anyway
I had removed and damaged original nozzle filters, tried Olina without them, then tried Starfield filters and then put on Olina's spare again. So I have only three spare pairs now.

Mar 10, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #1,249 of 1,725
me too. fu*k !!! this tday i try mod filter double. my 1st pair damage. and try again with new one. when my 1st pair damage, I punched the wall many times. while screaming swear words!!! after I tried it, it turned out good. lucky, otherwise I will "kill" someone on the street today with my own hand.

but i need roll cable, to more open than this. resolution, separation, and more spacious staging.

what your recommendation cable for me guys??
tell me for you who like me mod double filter like me. and dont suggest stock cable for me.
for tips i prefer with stock wide bore.

i only think this 2 cable :

XINHS Pure Silver 8 core,
Xinhs 4 Core SPC Graphene,
TACable Amber Mixed Gold plated OCC, Silver Plated OCC&6N OCC Modular,
TACable White Peony 8 Core Litz Silver Plated OCC 2pin/mmcx modular,
HAKUGEI Copper 7NOCC Litz Cable 22AWG.

or any recomend cable, if you what ??

share pls.

THANKS !!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,251 of 1,725
Heads up for anyone in the UK, Olina is back up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Linsoul-Tripowin-Diaphragm-Detachable-Audiophile/dp/B09R4PQKS3/

Long lead time... though it'll probably be sooner.
I got it on Amazon UK. They offered two weeks and got it to me in three days.....amazing. I'd just previously used the Letshuoer S12 for a month, really great IEM, but the Olina is top notch. I was worried I'd wasted my money, but absolute quality IEM is the Olina. I paid £89 for the Olina, a little more than from Linsoul, but worth it's weight in gold for the Amazon Prime guarantee. Absolute recommendation, especially from Amazon..

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,252 of 1,725
I got it on Amazon UK. They offered two weeks and got it to me in three days.....amazing. I'd just previously used the Letshuoer S12 for a month, really great IEM, but the Olina is top notch. I was worried I'd wasted my money, but absolute quality IEM is the Olina. I paid £89 for the Olina, a little more than from Linsoul, but worth it's weight in gold for the Amazon Prime guarantee. Absolute recommendation, especially from Amazon..
Which do you prefer: Olina or S12?

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #1,253 of 1,725
Im torn between the 2. I liked the S12 better when i first got it. Depends on the music one will sound slightly better to me. Love the S12 though, never knew planar could sound this good.

Mar 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #1,254 of 1,725
Wow....that is a very difficult question. For mids, timbre, especially for vocal music....the Olina. In general though the S12 sounds like every bit of music has more instruments, more life. Bass on the S12 is more realistic to how live bands sound, but the timbre/tone of the Olina is exceptional. I would say a 4-4 score draw.

Mar 10, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,255 of 1,725
for tips i prefer with stock wide bore.
me too. I tried the stock narrow bore tips and they squashed everything, mostly upper mids/lower treble. I am not sure why so many posters here don't even try the supplied wide bore tips... instead they report leaving all stock tips in their package and immediately going to cp100, or spiral dots, KB07, or whatever they usually use, and don't give the supplied wide bore tips a try. cp100 makes a very different presentation to the supplied wide bore tips... they make it more V shaped.

I have come to conclude that tips are the equivalent of speaker placement in a listening room (height off the floor, distance from back wall or side walls, distance between speakers, tilt back of the speaker face, and toe in angle) -- those all make or break the quality that goes into your ears with speakers, not even speaking of room treatments. If you think about it, the tip material (soft, med or hard) transmits bass differently to the walls of the ear canal. The width of the tip bore frees up or restricts mids/trebles. The length of the tip bore that extends past the nozzle end is like a port in a speaker, it accentuates bass.

Compared to any difference a cable makes, the different tip choices make 10x the difference.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #1,257 of 1,725
Wow....that is a very difficult question. For mids, timbre, especially for vocal music....the Olina. In general though the S12 sounds like every bit of music has more instruments, more life. Bass on the S12 is more realistic to how live bands sound, but the timbre/tone of the Olina is exceptional. I would say a 4-4 score draw.
Don't have the S12, but do have the P1+ and it's so true that you can pin point every instrument clearly - even if the soundstage isn't that wide.

Mar 10, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #1,258 of 1,725
me too. I tried the stock narrow bore tips and they squashed everything, mostly upper mids/lower treble. I am not sure why so many posters here don't even try the supplied wide bore tips... instead they report leaving all stock tips in their package and immediately going to cp100, or spiral dots, KB07, or whatever they usually use, and don't give the supplied wide bore tips a try. cp100 makes a very different presentation to the supplied wide bore tips... they make it more V shaped.

I have come to conclude that tips are the equivalent of speaker placement in a listening room (height off the floor, distance from back wall or side walls, distance between speakers, tilt back of the speaker face, and toe in angle) -- those all make or break the quality that goes into your ears with speakers, not even speaking of room treatments. If you think about it, the tip material (soft, med or hard) transmits bass differently to the walls of the ear canal. The width of the tip bore frees up or restricts mids/trebles. The length of the tip bore that extends past the nozzle end is like a port in a speaker, it accentuates bass.

Compared to any difference a cable makes, the different tip choices make 10x the difference.
Ya that's a good point man. The wide bore that came with the Olina aren't bad at all if the seal is good. With the Olina I prefer a more shallow wide bore so long as seal is very good, the flanges are firm and the inner stem is also really firm. My left ear would not seal for the life of me with the included wide bore tips which is odd because I have in my endless cavern of eartips found a set of eartips which are damn near identicle in look and feel to the included tips yet they fit me wonderfully..
. Lol... Who knows. Anyways I agree

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,259 of 1,725
Detail retrieval is good in the price point. Imaging is very good, but the soundstage is the widest I've heard in an IEM yet. But the thing that is maybe not noticeable at first is dynamics. Dynamics are great. Bass has really nice punch n' slam. Great with e.g. atmospheric IDM. Also sub bass reproduction is good and tactile.

Mar 10, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,260 of 1,725

Ya i don't touch the original tips in case i want to sell the iem's. But may try them. I still like the cp 100 xl and sednaearfit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back