Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Mar 8, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #1,216 of 1,725
The cables falls out of the Olina's 2-pin connector.

I'm not defending Olina or whatever set, whatsoever. I'm just pointing out that Aria (or even moondrop as a whole) was a terrible example. There's good examples for the same price as Olina that have great QC. Etymotic ER2 comes to mind, as an example.

Mar 8, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #1,217 of 1,725
So, we concur that you don't need $3k to have a good tuned set.

The biggest issue I would say is the isolation. If someone can compare it with Oxygen, is the Oxygen isolation similarly feeble?

Regarding the tuning, I think that Tripowin decision to slightly boost the 2k-6k region on an already bright IEM was a mistake.

Mar 8, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #1,218 of 1,725
So we concur that the tuning is not perfect.

You don't need to spend $3k for a better tuning, $80 Aria doesn't look like it has those issues.

We are all different. The tuning is perfect for some and imperfect for others. We all have different anatomy, different sources, different tips and importantly different likes and dislikes To me the Olina has a perfect tuning....with my setup.

Mar 8, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #1,219 of 1,725
So, we concur that you don't need $3k to have a good tuned set.

The biggest issue I would say is the isolation. If someone can compare it with Oxygen, is the Oxygen isolation similarly feeble?

Regarding the tuning, I think that Tripowin decision to slightly boost the 2k-6k region on an already bright IEM was a mistake.
Isolation is also tip dependent. I own both, and even if you get a very good fit and thus seal with the O2, Olina's isolation is slightly better. Neither is going to win awards for isolation. The best isolation I get is with my Aladdin, which is a medium sized semi custom resin shell.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #1,220 of 1,725
Isolation will not be as good with ported deices, especially those with a front port. It's science, LOL. The vast majority of low/moderate priced DDs will be the same. I think the tuning was done to not perfectly mimic the Tachjims and possibly create some conflict of interest at Linsoul.

On another note. I was a late part of the preorder and still don't have mine. At least it looks like they're somewhere in the US right now but not yet USPS trackable.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,222 of 1,725
Isolation is also tip dependent. I own both, and even if you get a very good fit and thus seal with the O2, Olina's isolation is slightly better. Neither is going to win awards for isolation. The best isolation I get is with my Aladdin, which is a medium sized semi custom resin shell.
This. Generally, BA devices offer better isolation since they usually don't need venting. As soon as you add a large DD, you generally have to vent to prevent it being overdamped. If I need isolation, I use my S8 with comply, nah, I use them a lot anyway. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #1,223 of 1,725

You don't need to spend $3k for a better tuning, $80 Aria doesn't look like it has those issues.
I had the aria and no the olina is better to my ears.

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #1,224 of 1,725
Aria is known for one of the worst QC problems in the game. That was a terrible example.

Also, I can't understand how someone likes Aria bloatness, but strokes for folks I guess.
Well if its not right to their ears = tuning problem apparently. Is bass canon iem also tuning problem?

Mar 8, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,225 of 1,725

Not perfect for your ears, but perfect for me and many others.

Mar 8, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #1,227 of 1,725
that was not HBB's decision. He did not agree with it. Some prefer more energy in upper mid (so would prefer stock Olina to O2), but not me. But the double filter mod solves that bad (to me) decision by Tripowin.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #1,230 of 1,725
If only mine, why so much talk about mods?
Dude just freaking get a different iem if you so adamantly saying it is a problem with the Olina where it is not a problem. It just you don't like the spike that Olina has and every Olina that is out there has the same spike. Some like it, some don't, just move on and stop pressing your "opinion" to others. If your Olina is the only has that spike than maybe you are on to something, but not liking a tuning is a personal matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back