TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #24,316 of 24,683
Yes you are correct, and there is no evidence that he is rebranding anything. That part is speculation. But again, this is definitely not the thread to be defending him in. Theres a whole thread about the R1 that people sing his praises, just as we all did with trinity at the beginning.

If you feel like you need to defend the R1, go for it, but if you are an R1 owner, why should anything we say here matter to you? Is your enjoyment of it tied up in whether others also agree with you?

And yes, lately there has been talk of the R1, but again, this thread is really about the crap they all pulled, and at the end of the day, after being lied to by Bob for maybe a full year, none of us trust him and none of us are going to defend him here after all the shady things that went down.

I believe that there is quite strong evidence that what ever is said about something will have strong impact not just on me, but roughly also on every other person in the world.
Even when we are aware of the possible bias. I would guess that community like head fi would magnify such effect. So therefore I think it is quite nasty to spread negative roumours about one or another IEM.

I just saw something in this thread that seemed not be true in my opinion and commented on that. So why I did see the need to do it in thread is that while everyone can see that this thread is quite strange, the beliefs repeated here turn into "truths" and spread to all threads discussing IMR.

P.S. I unfortunately don't have IMR R-1, but I'm considering on buying it. However, I did receive everything (PM4, 2xmaster, ICARUS 3) I ordered from TA so I don't have bad personal experience.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #24,317 of 24,683
I believe that there is quite strong evidence that what ever is said about something will have strong impact not just on me, but roughly also on every other person in the world.
Even when we are aware of the possible bias. I would guess that community like head fi would magnify such effect. So therefore I think it is quite nasty to spread negative roumours about one or another IEM.

I just saw something in this thread that seemed not be true in my opinion and commented on that. So why I did see the need to do it in thread is that while everyone can see that this thread is quite strange, the beliefs repeated here turn into "truths" and spread to all threads discussing IMR.

P.S. I unfortunately don't have IMR R-1, but I'm considering on buying it. However, I did receive everything (PM4, 2xmaster, ICARUS 3) I ordered from TA so I don't have bad personal experience.

Obviously there are some speculations and there are facts.
If you go by what Bob said then of course it’s a whole different story.

If IMR and Trinity are located in the same office then what? Both set up under one Shopify account? Same staff, same set up, same product with the filter system?

Bob’s wife is Marie Timms, a previous significant shareholder at Trinity. Bob always introduces himself as Bob James, coincidence? No, I don’t think so.
It was all one big sham.
Bob came across as the face of the company, when he “left” he started claiming he was just a contractor. Right.

As mentioned on their KS page: “If you cant put together the fact that Robert James Timms’ wife owned Trinity because he was a bankrupt, and used a dodgy name (leaving the TImms off) before setting up IMR given the impending stink of Trinity, I really don't know what else can convince you, as well as all the other evidence - both on the "beyond reasonable doubt " and "balance of probabilities" these two are linked”.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #24,318 of 24,683
I agree they probably aren't rebranded chi-fi, since we saw his drawings of the R1 back while he was working with Trinity and they were still in good standing among head-fi'ers. He was either initially designing them to release under the Trinity name, or was planning to run that business into the ground all along. That's why I've been calling them reshelled chi-fi. I don't think there's any question his drivers and shells are produced in China. And if he's so great at tuning, why does he need a hundred different tuning options to fix his incomplete tuning job? Tailored to personal taste my rear-end... how many of those filter combinations are actually useable? Unlike other tune-able IEMs like the FLCs.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #24,319 of 24,683
In other news, lol, they sent me another pair of Airs, but this time, in the color I actually ordered. I wonder if it's any less broken than the first set, which I still need to epoxy back together. Will have to find out later today after work.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #24,320 of 24,683
In other news, lol, they sent me another pair of Airs, but this time, in the color I actually ordered. I wonder if it's any less broken than the first set, which I still need to epoxy back together. Will have to find out later today after work.

Without you asking for them?

Mine are officially dead. I'm about to frankenstein them

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #24,321 of 24,683
Without you asking for them?

Mine are officially dead. I'm about to frankenstein them
Yeah, got a package yesterday, poked my brain to see if I had ordered anything recently (I hadn't, at least nothing that was going to show up so soon or was so small), and then I turned the box over and there was a TAE sticker on it. Suspected a storm trooper Air, got a storm trooper Air. Charged it a little bit yesterday, will see what happens with it later after work, though there are more important things to be done (ie, grinding loot in Destiny 2 :p)

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #24,322 of 24,683
I'm happy for all of you guys that actually get something. After all this time, I've kinda gotten over it but there's still a small piece of me that REALLY wanted my PM6 and actually use it daily. I don't understand how some people can get responses from Kieran and I can't even get a generic response.

Two years ago having a hybrid DD and BA AND tuneable was so amazing and so new. Now there's so many different options and that special something about the Trinity lines are gone. It's crazy to think that we all were here 2-3 years already. Reading through the early years of Trinity, it was so hype. I just wish that we all get something, even though broken or missing something, just so we can all close this chapter, move on and close the threads.

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #24,323 of 24,683
The pm6 and the Hunter are for sale and in stock at advanced mp3 players.
www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Trinity
Firstly don't know how many or if at all are waiting for these product's, if so this is shocking and also is it legal If people are still waiting for these product's?
Secondly this is a very good and reputable company are they certain there pm6 are correct inside I.e number or right drivers?
Thirdly they also are selling IMRR1 coincidence? You decide.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #24,324 of 24,683
I agree they probably aren't rebranded chi-fi, since we saw his drawings of the R1 back while he was working with Trinity and they were still in good standing among head-fi'ers. He was either initially designing them to release under the Trinity name, or was planning to run that business into the ground all along. That's why I've been calling them reshelled chi-fi. I don't think there's any question his drivers and shells are produced in China. And if he's so great at tuning, why does he need a hundred different tuning options to fix his incomplete tuning job? Tailored to personal taste my rear-end... how many of those filter combinations are actually useable? Unlike other tune-able IEMs like the FLCs.

Already promised to myself that I will leave this thread alone, but... I'm not quite sure how many IEM companies are NOT producing either their parts or the whole IEM's in China. Also referring to chi-fi as something susceptible and then ending the post by pointing out FLC as an example of a good product feels like a contradiction.

I will now try to stay out of here. The Trinity ride was an enjoyable group experience in the beginning. Sad that it ended with completely ridiculous number of products and unrealistic promises..

P.S.
Icarus 3 (which I assume contains only easily controlled dynamical and BA drivers) does sound good with most of the filter combinations.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #24,325 of 24,683
Already promised to myself that I will leave this thread alone, but... I'm not quite sure how many IEM companies are NOT producing either their parts or the whole IEM's in China. Also referring to chi-fi as something susceptible and then ending the post by pointing out FLC as an example of a good product feels like a contradiction.

I will now try to stay out of here. The Trinity ride was an enjoyable group experience in the beginning. Sad that it ended with completely ridiculous number of products and unrealistic promises..

P.S.
Icarus 3 (which I assume contains only easily controlled dynamical and BA drivers) does sound good with most of the filter combinations.
I don't have any issue with chi-fi if it is done right (obviously, I mean check out my signature...). I'm just saying there's a huge difference between the expertly tuned FLCs and throwing a new shell on a driver that can be had in a complete Chinese IEM for $50, leaving the tuning to the customer, and charging over ten times that. Where is that markup going? Certainly not to R&D like a real company.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #24,326 of 24,683
I don't have any issue with chi-fi if it is done right (obviously, I mean check out my signature...). I'm just saying there's a huge difference between the expertly tuned FLCs and throwing a new shell on a driver that can be had in a complete Chinese IEM for $50, leaving the tuning to the customer, and charging over ten times that. Where is that markup going? Certainly not to R&D like a real company.

Can not resist for one more time.. I will not comment on whether Bob tunes his IEM's or just throws something inside the shell. I suppose everyone can make up their mind on the topic.
However, the drivers inside the Radius models I was earlier pointing out (and seemed to be the originators of the design) consisted of combination of ceramic and beryllium drivers. This is what IMR-R1 is said to contain as well. Radius in roughly in the same price category as IMR R1.

On the other hand in the chinese models (there are now many of them) they don't seem to specify the driver material of the dynamic driver. These models cost ranging from 25 to 100$. I assume that if the driver would have been made of beryllium they would have mentioned it. I can be wrong of course..

Quick addition.. I checked some 100$ model and it the dynamic part had CCAW voice coil..

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #24,327 of 24,683

You’re right. IMR was planned months before it came to life. This was their plan all along probably, after the Trinity name was associated with this sh|t show.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #24,328 of 24,683
The pm6 and the Hunter are for sale and in stock at advanced mp3 players.
www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Trinity
Firstly don't know how many or if at all are waiting for these product's, if so this is shocking and also is it legal If people are still waiting for these product's?
Secondly this is a very good and reputable company are they certain there pm6 are correct inside I.e number or right drivers?
Thirdly they also are selling IMRR1 coincidence? You decide.
That PM6 doesn't look like a very professional product photo (though maybe that's their style), but the Hunter isn't even remotely correct. Those are the photos of the prototype and definitely not the finished version. And for 450 pounds? I could sell you one for WAY cheaper and I know it works :p

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #24,329 of 24,683
That PM6 doesn't look like a very professional product photo (though maybe that's their style), but the Hunter isn't even remotely correct. Those are the photos of the prototype and definitely not the finished version. And for 450 pounds? I could sell you one for WAY cheaper and I know it works :p

I'm just hoping that if anyone takes the bait that they get what there paying for , I'm genuinely surprised there still operating at all.

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #24,330 of 24,683
Well Artiste DC1 in the house and first impression are rather favourable. U shaped with powerful bass on initial listen, vocals both male and female sound good. Highs clear and prent but not piercing. This is what the Rose North Forest should have been
My DC1 arrived on Sunday. Absolutely superb sound. Deep and powerful bass, open midrange and clean treble with no peaks. Now my favourite IEM replacing the Zodic Audio ET2201 and the Whizzer A15 pro. They're particularly good with classical music, which is always a good sign. A few more hours burn-in to go though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back