TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 5, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #24,303 of 24,683
But how is that possible??? They have different email addresses!! Or, well at least Bob and Kieran did :p

It's true. Emails are indeed an infallible system to identify people by the very alias. It's unpossible to circumvent. UNPOSSIBLE I TELLZ YA! :deadhorse:

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #24,310 of 24,683
I think that you are right, looking at the driver set-up it looks like the Radius was using the exact same type of driver in 2016... even down to the beryllium on the upper model.

I think the diver model is quite promising and I think it was made clear in IMR webpage that Bob does not produce the drivers (as it was stated in TAE as well). Overall I find it little strange that people complain that some driver model is used(maybe version made specifically for the IEM brand). Isn't it quite normal to use drivers produced by some other company..

Also repeating this "rebranding chifi" does not seem to be true. I think already in the beginning of TAE there was long periods when Bob was tuning earphones with several head-fiers. I believe that faking this is quite unlikely. In fact the IEM's that I have heard from Bob have all sounded really good and getting similar effect with just throwing drivers inside of shells is quite unlikely to happen.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #24,311 of 24,683
I think the diver model is quite promising and I think it was made clear in IMR webpage that Bob does not produce the drivers (as it was stated in TAE as well). Overall I find it little strange that people complain that some driver model is used(maybe version made specifically for the IEM brand). Isn't it quite normal to use drivers produced by some other company..

Also repeating this "rebranding chifi" does not seem to be true. I think already in the beginning of TAE there was long periods when Bob was tuning earphones with several head-fiers. I believe that faking this is quite unlikely. In fact the IEM's that I have heard from Bob have all sounded really good and getting similar effect with just throwing drivers inside of shells is quite unlikely to happen.

I think maybe the line in question from the site is "custom 13mm ceramic hybrid driver unit". Though of course theres no proof one way or the other that it is the same driver as some of these chinese brands, but at this point after all the crap they pulled and all the crap trinity is still pulling, none of trust Bob.

And if you are a fan of Bob and IMR, this really is not the thread you wanna be in. Go enjoy your headphones, but if you come in here, prepare for more and more and more of this. I really hope he has turned his act around with IMR, but I personally will not buy any of his products ever again.

I would also counter that not all of the IEMs that guy made sounded good. The PM4 was an absolute disaster of an IEM and sounded absolutely horrible. I cannot listen to them because the sound is grating to my ears.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #24,312 of 24,683

And your point is: ???

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #24,314 of 24,683
And your point is: ???

I tried to point out that I don't believe Bob is just re-branding chi-fi as is claimed in this thread. I'm not interested on discussing morality or business understanding of Bob, but I think it is still incorrect to mix these questions with the quality of his iems. In particular when Bob has been working with simple driver configurations it seem to be that the results have been very good.
I suppose when he has been dealing with multiple BA's without crossovers there has been different opinions.

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #24,315 of 24,683
I tried to point out that I don't believe Bob is just re-branding chi-fi as is claimed in this thread. I'm not interested on discussing morality or business understanding of Bob, but I think it is still incorrect to mix these questions with the quality of his iems. In particular when Bob has been working with simple driver configurations it seem to be that the results have been very good.
I suppose when he has been dealing with multiple BA's without crossovers there has been different opinions.

Yes you are correct, and there is no evidence that he is rebranding anything. That part is speculation. But again, this is definitely not the thread to be defending him in. Theres a whole thread about the R1 that people sing his praises, just as we all did with trinity at the beginning.

If you feel like you need to defend the R1, go for it, but if you are an R1 owner, why should anything we say here matter to you? Is your enjoyment of it tied up in whether others also agree with you?

And yes, lately there has been talk of the R1, but again, this thread is really about the crap they all pulled, and at the end of the day, after being lied to by Bob for maybe a full year, none of us trust him and none of us are going to defend him here after all the shady things that went down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back