TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 13, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #24,331 of 24,683
My DC1 arrived on Sunday. Absolutely superb sound. Deep and powerful bass, open midrange and clean treble with no peaks. Now my favourite IEM replacing the Zodic Audio ET2201 and the Whizzer A15 pro. They're particularly good with classical music, which is always a good sign. A few more hours burn-in to go though!

Sounds like you're describing the IMR R1's lol

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #24,334 of 24,683
My DC1 arrived on Sunday. Absolutely superb sound. Deep and powerful bass, open midrange and clean treble with no peaks. Now my favourite IEM replacing the Zodic Audio ET2201 and the Whizzer A15 pro. They're particularly good with classical music, which is always a good sign. A few more hours burn-in to go though!

I agree with your description of the Artiste DC1. I was intrigued when I saw it mentioned in here. Ordered it that day (June 3rd) and it arrived on the 5th. Funny thing is, my husband was at work that weekend of the 3rd and he also saw the posts and ordered it, not knowing that I already had. Neither of us was willing to cancel our order so we have two in the house. Not something that we usually do but they really are good. Luckily we got a good deal... £27 (with extra % off) from Amazon UK. Now it has gone up to £46! Only 1 left. I think there were 5 left when I ordered mine. Looks like the sudden interest caused them to raise the price. Now that last one will probably sit there forever as you can get them for less from aliexpress if you don't mind the wait.

BTW, I did need to change the tips on mine to KZ Starlines.

I am not usually in this thread but I do have Trinity Masters.

Artiste DC1 pairs well with my Cayin N3.

R0013386.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #24,336 of 24,683
So, after around two years, my PM6 have finally arrived! Didn't expect it at all. I'm happy I didn't invest in any other expensive headphones in the meanwhile.

Yeah, only problem with that is that you most likely don't have the driver count you were supposed to have. You probably have a dual dynamic driver setup. So even then, your "expensive" IEM is not as expensive as expected. :p

Jun 13, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #24,337 of 24,683
I agree with your description of the Artiste DC1. I was intrigued when I saw it mentioned in here. Ordered it that day (June 3rd) and it arrived on the 5th. Funny thing is, my husband was at work that weekend of the 3rd and he also saw the posts and ordered it, not knowing that I already had. Neither of us was willing to cancel our order so we have two in the house. Not something that we usually do but they really are good. Luckily we got a good deal... £27 (with extra % off) from Amazon UK. Now it has gone up to £46! Only 1 left. I think there were 5 left when I ordered mine. Looks like the sudden interest caused them to raise the price. Now that last one will probably sit there forever as you can get them for less from aliexpress if you don't mind the wait.

That's a coincidence. The DC1s are so good my wife wanted a pair as well. I went to Amazon and found the price had gone up! I also have tried the Starline tips but prefer the large ones which are supplied with the DC1. Incidentally I also have the Trinity Audio Master, I am using the purple undamped filters with the black filter foams from one of the other colours. I've got Spiral Dot tips on these. They sound pretty good like this as the treble is tamed a little. I'm also still waiting for my Icarus 1 and 2. I emailed Kieran a week or so ago. No response. Maybe if they'd called them Daedalus instead I would have got something!

Jun 13, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #24,338 of 24,683

Nice colour match to your DAP, by the way! I paid £27 for my DC1 as well. Best value IEMs so far!

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #24,340 of 24,683
That's a coincidence. The DC1s are so good my wife wanted a pair as well. I went to Amazon and found the price had gone up! I also have tried the Starline tips but prefer the large ones which are supplied with the DC1. Incidentally I also have the Trinity Audio Master, I am using the purple undamped filters with the black filter foams from one of the other colours. I've got Spiral Dot tips on these. They sound pretty good like this as the treble is tamed a little. I'm also still waiting for my Icarus 1 and 2. I emailed Kieran a week or so ago. No response. Maybe if they'd called them Daedalus instead I would have got something!

I have not experimented with the filters for the Master yet. They previously belonged to my husband. I only recently acquired them in one of our complicated trades. I really enjoyed them with the silver damped filter that he had last used on them but I do want to experiment a little. I have a printout of what the filters do and it says the silver gives a V shape but the damper tames the highs. I need to study the printout and have a think.

I just hate putting tips in and out of my ears too many times in a day. That is why I don't a-b stuff... plus doing so ruins my enjoyment of the music.

Nice colour match to your DAP, by the way! I paid £27 for my DC1 as well. Best value IEMs so far!

I know:) I took the Cayin N3 out of its silicone case so they would match better:) Thanks for noticing!

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #24,344 of 24,683

It would be great if you can post a brief comparison of DC1 and Trinity Phantom master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back