TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #24,362 of 24,683
It's 0.78mm... I used the OKCSC aliexpress cable on them that's in my sig

Thanks Man - I'll have a look. Not too difficult to cut the notch for the silly proprietary TAE cable female housing?

I was thinking heating a needle of the stove and just starting a groove in the male part of the cable and going from there. Do they stay in OK for walking about?

Cheers!

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #24,363 of 24,683
Thanks Man - I'll have a look. Not too difficult to cut the notch for the silly proprietary TAE cable female housing?

I was thinking heating a needle of the stove and just starting a groove in the male part of the cable and going from there. Do they stay in OK for walking about?

Cheers!

In my opinion, the current version of PM6 are nothing but Phantom Sabre in different shell as these are Dual Dynamic drivers only. I don't think current PM6 is worth for a cable upgrade.
Trinity cheated almost everyone on PM6, that is for sure..

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #24,365 of 24,683
Last night I mentioned that I needed to try some of the alternate filters on my Trinity Audio Master. So, after reading what each one was supposed to do, I opted for the green. It was quite late when I started listening. Next thing I knew hours and albums had flown by and I had accidently stayed up until the break of dawn... around 4:00 am here now. Actually this happens to me a lot when my husband is working nights... but I really did plan to just listen to one album. Everything sounded amazing... I think I will stick with the green.

I had planned to use the Artiste last night. Too many good choices. Definitely too much gear. How exactly does one stop?
I settled on the greens ages ago with the Master too. It has a very resolving and detailed sound. Hardly ever listen to it though due to always having a backlog of stuff to review. I did plan to sell it because I was so bitter over the Trinity experience but I never got around to it.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #24,366 of 24,683

Cheers!

I just shaved off the plastic casing with a knife and it fit in snug... No moving around :)

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #24,367 of 24,683
I settled on the greens ages ago with the Master too. It has a very resolving and detailed sound. Hardly ever listen to it though due to always having a backlog of stuff to review. I did plan to sell it because I was so bitter over the Trinity experience but I never got around to it.

Don't sell it. Pop them in and enjoy some music :)

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #24,368 of 24,683

I'll buy them off you for 50 USD :wink:

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #24,369 of 24,683
In my opinion, the current version of PM6 are nothing but Phantom Sabre in different shell as these are Dual Dynamic drivers only. I don't think current PM6 is worth for a cable upgrade.
Trinity cheated almost everyone on PM6, that is for sure..

I'm not really looking for an upgrade TBH. More of a cheap replacement because there's no way I'm going to be able to get a proprietary one. The cables are very thin and I know they won't last.

I'll be honest, I'm no defender of TAE at all, but these do sound good, really good, better than my masters. Maybe I got lucky? Schrodinger's Phantom? They could be 6 or 2 but I'll never know until I open the box....?

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #24,370 of 24,683
It would be great if you can post a brief comparison of DC1 and Trinity Phantom master.
Hello. Which filters do you have on your Master? If I use the same ones the comparison will be more valid. The sound does vary greatly with the different options. Of course my DAP and amplifier will be different as well.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #24,371 of 24,683
Hello. Which filters do you have on your Master? If I use the same ones the comparison will be more valid. The sound does vary greatly with the different options. Of course my DAP and amplifier will be different as well.

Like you I loved green and blue filters.
if you want to play with green filters and want to sound it more better, then remove the black foam and close the tiny vent/hole using a thin tape from inside.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #24,372 of 24,683
OK, I will put the green filters back on and do some testing. It may be a while before I leave a reply on this. Meanwhile the DC1 is sounding amazing.

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #24,373 of 24,683
It would be great if you can post a brief comparison of DC1 and Trinity Phantom master.
OK here goes.
Equipment used: Hifiwalker H2 DAP, via line out, Fiio L16 cable, Fiio A5 amplifier.
Both Masters and DC1 fitted with KZ Starline tips.
Music:
1. Richard Bone "Komarov's Fire" (Powerful electronic piece with deep bass).
2. Chris Izaak "Wicked Game".
3. Stuart Mitchell, " Mausoleum at Halicarnassus" Prague Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Mario Klemens.

Bass
Masters: Quick and agile with good texture and accuracy but lacks real sub- bass. This early roll-off leads to a lack of ambience and a fast decay.
DC1: Very deep sub-bass, leading smoothly into the rest of the range. Great reproduction of ambience and a slow decay. Timpani in the orchestral piece had real weight and air. DC1 wins here.
Mids
Masters: The green filters are mid-centric and there is plenty of detail here. Soundstage has good width but average depth. Height less than ideal. In complex pieces things do become less separate. Vocals display well but presence region a little subdued.
DC1: Clear and open presentation. Vocals stand out beautifully with good micro-detail. Soundstage has great width and good depth. Height very good for an IEM. An almost "speaker-like" effect with a silky smoothness and lots of air. DC1 wins again.
Treble
Masters: Quite a bright presentation with some sharpness, especially when things get busy or loud. Reminiscent of a moving coil pickup cartridge with a bit of tip resonance. A slightly shrill top end with some peaks. There is a noticeable roll-off in the extreme HF.
DC1: Very smooth yet extended highs. Loads of detail and harmonically accurate. Plenty of air and space. Separation and layering absolutely excellent. DC1 again wins.

These findings will vary if different filter and tip combinations are used. I found that the Trinity Kombi tips helped to tame the highs on the Masters. However using bass focused filters tended to muddy the sound too much. The Masters are very fussy in tip and filter choice and need quite a bit of power to drive. DC1 is more forgiving. There is a little bit of cable noise with the DC1 as they are worn with the cable down, but it's not too intrusive.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #24,374 of 24,683

OK here goes.
Equipment used: Hifiwalker H2 DAP, via line out, Fiio L16 cable, Fiio A5 amplifier.
Both Masters and DC1 fitted with KX Starline tips.
Music:
1. Richard Bone "Komarov's Fire" (Powerful electronic piece with deep bass).
2. Chris Izaak "Wicked Game".
3. Stuart Mitchell, " Mausoleum at Halicarnassus" Prague Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Mario Klemens.

Bass
Masters: Quick and agile with good texture and accuracy but lacks real sub- bass. This early roll-off leads to a lack of ambience and a fast decay.
DC1: Very deep sub-bass, leading smoothly into the rest of the range. Great reproduction of ambience and a slow decay. Timpani in the orchestral piece had real weight and air. DC1 wins here.
Mids
Masters: The green filters are mid-centric and there is plenty of detail here. Soundstage has good width but average depth. Height less than ideal. In complex pieces things do become less separate. Vocals display well but presence region a little subdued.
DC1: Clear and open presentation. Vocals stand out beautifully with good micro-detail. Soundstage has great width and good depth. Height very good for an IEM. An almost "speaker-like" effect with a silky smoothness and lots of air. DC1 wins again.
Treble
Masters: Quite a bright presentation with some sharpness, especially when things get busy or loud. Reminiscent of a moving coil pickup cartridge with a bit of tip resonance. A slightly shrill top end with some peaks. There is a noticeable roll-off in the extreme HF.
DC1: Very smooth yet extended highs. Loads of detail and harmonically accurate. Plenty of air and space. Separation and layering absolutely excellent. DC1 again wins.

These findings will vary if different filter and tip combinations are used. I found that the Trinity Kombi tips helped to tame the highs on the Masters. However using bass focused filters tended to muddy the sound too much. The Masters are very fussy in tip and filter choice and need quite a bit of power to drive. DC1 is more forgiving. There is a little bit of cable noise with the DC1 as they are worn with the cable down, but it's not too intrusive.

I hope this helps.

Wow... very interesting for me to read as I have both the DC1 and the Master. You meant Trinity Audio Master, correct? Not the Phantom Master.

I am using KZ medium Starlines with both... good fit for me and no problems with the sound.

Jun 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #24,375 of 24,683
Wow... very interesting for me to read as I have both the DC1 and the Master. You meant Trinity Audio Master, correct? Not the Phantom Master.

I am using KZ medium Starlines with both... good fit for me and no problems with the sound.
The Master IEM I have has dual 7mm titanium DD bass units in push pull configuration and a dual BA for the high frequencies. I'm not sure which one of the two you mention is the one I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back