TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #24,271 of 24,683
Do I remember someone in here talking about a discount code for the Flares Gold a few months back? @majo123 ? Been doing some comparisons for my Campfire Atlas review, and managed to arrange some time with the IE800s so I can compare them - tempted to try out the Gold as well to see how they stack up.

Sending you pm

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #24,272 of 24,683
Cheers bud.

Jun 3, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #24,273 of 24,683

The first instance (in recent years) I have seen this driver appear is from japanese Radius. I suppose this was far before this Chinese manufacturer.
I searched for this thing when Bob told about IMR driver. I would guess that there are now quite many manufacturers who can produce similar drivers. I suppose the quality depends on the source.

https://jeffri.me/2016/06/a-bold-but-very-smooth-iem-from-japan-radius-hp-twf41-casual-review/

Not sure, but I believe something similar should be inside R1

"The Dual Diaphragm Matrix driver from TWF41 is combining 13mm beryllium coated dynamic driver and piezoelectric ceramics driver in one configuration. The piezoelectric driver is responsible for the high frequency, while the dynamic driver handling the mid to low frequency. It is a very interesting combination and yield a pleasing result."

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #24,274 of 24,683
The first instance (in recent years) I have seen this driver appear is from japanese Radius. I
I think that you are right, looking at the driver set-up it looks like the Radius was using the exact same type of driver in 2016... even down to the beryllium on the upper model.
download.png

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #24,276 of 24,683
Is Kieran still responding to emails? Any techniques for getting a reply? I'm just being ignored... Damn thieves...

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #24,278 of 24,683
Hopefully someone gets a class action going or something. People need to be held accountable for this. Guess I'll try to call my card company to see if there's a way to refund a 2 year old charge...

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #24,279 of 24,683
The R1 probably has an OEM driver with the filter system and metal housing. No way they have the capital nor skills to create a dedicated driver from the ground up.
It’s all made in China, but I would like to see what they mean by tuning it though as I have seen very little to prove they do.
It’s Chi-Fi earphones dressed up as high-end IEMs, but at least they are in stock and deliver. :)
Ha Ha, thought I had hearing problem. R1 just not sound like whatever specs they claim for.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #24,280 of 24,683
Hopefully someone gets a class action going or something. People need to be held accountable for this. Guess I'll try to call my card company to see if there's a way to refund a 2 year old charge...

Told them they had until today to respond on the issues I highlighted in my recent photographs, next step is a MCO through the small claims. Got a busy few days with work but you can bet it's being done.

Last time they sent me an opened set of airs and the PM2(6)s to avoid me taking it through the courts, should have stuck with my gut and just followed through with it earlier but gave them the benefit of the doubt (was just happy to get something out of this).

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #24,281 of 24,683
Guys. Your money has gone. You may get something dribbling out of Keiran once in a while (probably a return of faulty products from someone else) but no lawyer will take you on for a "class Action", as the first rule of litigation is "don't sue someone who has no money"

If you were a kickstarter backer (like me) the money is gone. Stay here for therapy, but never think you will get anything back

If you bought directly (like me) kick yourself if you believe Keiran's "shipping next week" and didnt make a paypal or credit card claim when this was obviously a car crash

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #24,282 of 24,683
Guys. Your money has gone. You may get something dribbling out of Keiran once in a while (probably a return of faulty products from someone else) but no lawyer will take you on for a "class Action", as the first rule of litigation is "don't sue someone who has no money"

If you were a kickstarter backer (like me) the money is gone. Stay here for therapy, but never think you will get anything back

If you bought directly (like me) kick yourself if you believe Keiran's "shipping next week" and didnt make a paypal or credit card claim when this was obviously a car crash

I don't even care about the money. I just want justice. The system is pretty flawed if someone like Bob can just walk away from this and keep peddling his reshelled aliexpress IEMs... Maybe we should start a Kickstarter to fly over there and collect our money the old fashioned way lol

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #24,283 of 24,683
I... Sent back my original deltas last year due to sound stopping from he right ear -actually about a year ago. They lost them, Jake never replied and the he left

They were sent back today. Same box I sent them off in, still broken - no note or anything.

Very confused.

oh god

monkaS

something tells me my Phantom Sabres might be on their way back too in the exact same condition as I sent them off in. I really hope not because I don't want them back, especially not STILL damaged. UGH.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #24,284 of 24,683
  1. How are they getting the money to pay for postage?
  2. Why are they even bothering?

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #24,285 of 24,683
I don't even care about the money. I just want justice. The system is pretty flawed if someone like Bob can just walk away from this and keep peddling his reshelled aliexpress IEMs... Maybe we should start a Kickstarter to fly over there and collect our money the old fashioned way lol
I’m in the UK, I’ll meet you guys at Heathrow Airport and drive you there. I’ve come really close to paying him a visit, the old fashioned way!!
As for him/them having no money, where does he/they live, what vehicles does he/they drive ? Must be assets of some sort.
If fraud can be proved, then the house/car could be repossessed even if they are in another name. Surely “legitimate” owners could be investigated also if a crime has been committed!!
I’d still prefer the old fashioned way :smiling_imp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back