TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 7, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #18,243 of 24,683
Anyone on the kickstarter for the air? Can't see the june 6th update. Something about dropouts fixed?? Can someone post it?

"
Hi Backers

Time for an update on the Air.

As we advised in our last update there was an issue with the batteries upon further investigation it was also the batteries causing the drop out for some people, so we won't need to implement the detachable cable! :)

We are completing our final testing this week and after that is signed off we will replace all the batteries and start shipping again. This will take 3-4 weeks in total.

For any still awaiting Master 6 we are just awaiting some more to come into stock and we will finish the shipping within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you to everyone for their help, support and feedback.
"

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #18,245 of 24,683
Hmmm a parcel was attempted from Trinity.

Now, all I have on order are the IV's with possible free Hyperion sent now.

But I also have a pair that they couldn't fix being returned for the past two weeks.....

The suspense!!

They wouldn't send a faulty pair back next day APC..... would they..???!!??
I'd guess it's your Hyperion. They've been sending them out immediately, rather than waiting for the Icarus IV.
Hope you enjoy them, let me know if I'm wrong :)

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #18,246 of 24,683
I'd guess it's your Hyperion. They've been sending them out immediately, rather than waiting for the Icarus IV.
Hope you enjoy them, let me know if I'm wrong :)

Really hope it is. Slightly bad that after ringing APC they say they've never scanned the parcel in and have no idea why I have an attempted card and they've told Trinity they don't have it.... and I need to ring tomorrow at 8 to see if it's "turned up in the re-sorting" :/

It'll be the broken pair if it turns up I know it :)

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #18,247 of 24,683
Just ordered the new Flare Pro's released today! Looks a terrific package with DAC included :slight_smile:

Be interesting to compare with the Hunter & the iSine. Bank balance hurting! :smile:

https://www.flareaudio.com/products/flares
There are just too many unknows with Flare Pro for me to jump on the order:
1. Can I avoid using the bluetooth DAC?
2. If not, how much would it weight? Must be quite a heavy load on the ear. R2Pro's (and A's and S's) Y splitter already seemed to weight enough to hurt not only on the ears, but on the chest after a while
3. Over-ear wear seems to be a no go (as per the instruction booklet)
4. Ad says balanced connection, but the illustrated jack seems to be a 3.5 TRS
5. Talk about QC issues and unresponsiveness... we've been promissed balanced cables when backing the R2's, and even though the team was extremely responsive at first, they ignored any email sent to them before long (about two months after the campaign ended)
6. If R2's received mixed to good reviews, Flare's latest product, the Isolate received much less positive reviews to say the least...

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #18,248 of 24,683
2. If not, how much would it weight? Must be quite a heavy load on the ear. R2Pro's (and A's and S's) Y splitter already seemed to weight enough to hurt not only on the ears, but on the chest after a while
5. Talk about QC issues and unresponsiveness... we've been promissed balanced cables when backing the R2's, and even though the team was extremely responsive at first, they ignored any email sent to them before long (about two months after the campaign ended)
6. If R2's received mixed to good reviews, Flare's latest product, the Isolate received much less positive reviews to say the least...

SOLD! I BOUGHT TWO...............

:laughing::grin::alien:

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #18,249 of 24,683
"
Hi Backers

Time for an update on the Air.

As we advised in our last update there was an issue with the batteries upon further investigation it was also the batteries causing the drop out for some people, so we won't need to implement the detachable cable! :)

We are completing our final testing this week and after that is signed off we will replace all the batteries and start shipping again. This will take 3-4 weeks in total.

For any still awaiting Master 6 we are just awaiting some more to come into stock and we will finish the shipping within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you to everyone for their help, support and feedback.
"

Here's hoping it's true. :\ I can see how cheap batteries can cause disruptions, but is it the ONLY reason? We shall see.

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #18,250 of 24,683

I'm surprised no one sees that the balanced connection to your source is MMCX, so if your source does not have this connection, then it won't work. Makes this IEM completely proprietary.

Edit: There is an MMCX to 3.5mm splitter included.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #18,251 of 24,683
I'm surprised no one sees that the balanced connection to your source is MMCX, so if your source does not have this connection, then it won't work. Makes this IEM completely proprietary.

Pretty sure there is a mmcx to 3.5mm adapter included so it is proprietary only for a balanced connection (until someone releases a dual mmcx to 2.5mm / 3.5mm trrs adapter).

Bluetooth connection to source would also give a balanced connection.

I'm not aware of any source current or planned that has a direct mmcx output (other than this).

To bring this back on to trinity discussion, seems they are going down and similar product eco-system route to TA? Too early to tell so I don't think we should be declaring things like this as fact?

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #18,252 of 24,683
Just a few words to share on the Flare audio subject. I think Flare are distancing themselves from their original R2a/s/titanuim iem line ups. The replaceable cable/driver units arent on the website anymore. I didnt get a reply to an email 2 weeks ago regarding the availability either (which is a surprise after previous excellent customer support but thinking back I did have to send 2 emails last time). Shame really. Nice iem for relaxing with in bed , so comfy but the cable build always seemed delicate.
I've now got Hyperions which am really impressed with comfort and sound quality (equally as good I reckon but different) so fingers crossed they will keep me going for some time
Plus the new Flare Pro s arent cheap. ( according to my budget at any rate) . For something with just a famous sound producers quote to back it ,it is seems a little steep . I remember there was incredible hype generated on the R2 's kickstarter launch which did not continue after the masses received them based on only 1 preproduction review that was very complimentary and impressive back then .
Mind you, forgive me for thinking aloud , I was expecting more feedback in the way of official Head fi reviews for Trinity's latest offerings :~ie Masters and PM6s and Hunters . I know the wait has been excruciating with unexpected delays and problems for the everyone but I was hoping for some Earphone Supremus to lay down their official impressions for those who are still waiting and the rest of the community. (They do give Head fi ers a decent discount after all)
On the original Trinity 3 iem launch (Hyperion , Techne and Delta launch I recall Mark2407 did some really entertaining and informative reviews that persuaded me to go for it and order my first Hybrid IEM. (despite ordering from Flare aswell ~ no mean fete for a tight arse like me :money_mouth:.
Anyway, I hope some independant preproduction / prototype reviews similiar to Mark2407 can be considered by Trinity before the preordering is started next time as it would be helpful all round.
Anyway , I hope both small:flag_gb: firms do well and prosper (and learn from their experiences/negative feedback) . It can't be easy to take on the big boys or Chinese manufacturers after all.
Sermon over:blush:.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #18,253 of 24,683
Just a few words to share on the Flare audio subject. I think Flare are distancing themselves from their original R2a/s/titanuim iem line ups. The replaceable cable/driver units arent on the website anymore. I didnt get a reply to an email 2 weeks ago regarding the availability either (which is a surprise after previous excellent customer support but thinking back I did have to send 2 emails last time). Shame really. Nice iem for relaxing with in bed , so comfy but the cable build always seemed delicate.
I've now got Hyperions which am really impressed with comfort and sound quality (equally as good I reckon but different) so fingers crossed they will keep me going for some time
Plus the new Flare Pro s arent cheap. ( according to my budget at any rate) . For something with just a famous sound producers quote to back it ,it is seems a little steep . I remember there was incredible hype generated on the R2 's kickstarter launch which did not continue after the masses received them based on only 1 preproduction review that was very complimentary and impressive back then .
Mind you, forgive me for thinking aloud , I was expecting more feedback in the way of official Head fi reviews for Trinity's latest offerings :~ie Masters and PM6s and Hunters . I know the wait has been excruciating with unexpected delays and problems for the everyone but I was hoping for some Earphone Supremus to lay down their official impressions for those who are still waiting and the rest of the community. (They do give Head fi ers a decent discount after all)
On the original Trinity 3 iem launch (Hyperion , Techne and Delta launch I recall Mark2407 did some really entertaining and informative reviews that persuaded me to go for it and order my first Hybrid IEM. (despite ordering from Flare aswell ~ no mean fete for a tight arse like me :money_mouth:.
Anyway, I hope some independant preproduction / prototype reviews similiar to Mark2407 can be considered by Trinity before the preordering is started next time as it would be helpful all round.
Anyway , I hope both small:flag_gb: firms do well and prosper (and learn from their experiences/negative feedback) . It can't be easy to take on the big boys or Chinese manufacturers after all.
Sermon over:blush:.
FWIW, I'm writing up a review on the Hunter. Nothing near as good as reviews by the likes of mark2410 or Brooko, but probably at least sort of useful :p. Hopefully I'll have something substantial enough by next week or so.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #18,254 of 24,683
It took me a few weeks to get use to them, but the Masters even with a similar driver configuration are quite a step above the phantom masters 4.

Speaking about the Phantom Master 4, since Trinity have absoluty failed to manufacture a decent cable for it (all the cables i got with it and another set i got from trinity show the same issue), How compatible is it with other 2 pin connectors from other manufacturers like UE, Westone, NuForce (hell, i´d even try the cables KZ is shipping with the ZS3 and SZ5 right now :p) ?

I remember the FiiO UE 2 pin cables were quite a good upgrade for my old Earsonics SM3v2.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #18,255 of 24,683
the hyperion has landed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back