TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 8, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #18,271 of 24,683
Also, should have my Hunter review finished in the next week or so, for whoever was asking when a few will hit the ground. Been so busy with work and other writeups I'm trying to finish that this is taking a while, but will hopefully get it out soon.
YOU'RE doing a Hunter review? Why should I even bother with mine? :p Lol, I'll still put mine up of course, but I know mine's not going to be quite as thorough. But good news for people who want Hunter reviews; we'll have a couple of them out soon enough :D

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #18,272 of 24,683
Pretty sure there is a mmcx to 3.5mm adapter included so it is proprietary only for a balanced connection (until someone releases a dual mmcx to 2.5mm / 3.5mm trrs adapter).

Bluetooth connection to source would also give a balanced connection.

I'm not aware of any source current or planned that has a direct mmcx output (other than this).

To bring this back on to trinity discussion, seems they are going down and similar product eco-system route to TA? Too early to tell so I don't think we should be declaring things like this as fact?

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #18,273 of 24,683
YOU'RE doing a Hunter review? Why should I even bother with mine? :p Lol, I'll still put mine up of course, but I know mine's not going to be quite as thorough. But good news for people who want Hunter reviews; we'll have a couple of them out soon enough :D

I am most certainly looking forward to a review. Mine are on the way back to the U.K. And am in hopes they can be fixed.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #18,274 of 24,683
I am most certainly looking forward to a review. Mine are on the way back to the U.K. And am in hopes they can be fixed.

I also am looking forward to seeing a review it will be very interesting to hear a few points of view on the sound sig.
Im still waiting for delta and Hunter has anyone actually recieved shipping confirmation this week??? Am also right in thinking there doesnt seem that many that have reported actually receiving the hunter????
As I have said before im not a trinity basher and understand production problems/delays but thought more pm6 and hunter would have appeared after 3 weeks.

Jun 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #18,275 of 24,683
FWIW, I'm writing up a review on the Hunter. Nothing near as good as reviews by the likes of mark2410 or Brooko, but probably at least sort of useful :p. Hopefully I'll have something substantial enough by next week or so.
That would be so good . Thank you. I take my hat off to all you people who know what they are talking about and have the passion and wider experience to back it up. :ksc75smile:
Hope you are able to find your absolute 'sweet spot' for filter/tip combo.
Looking forward to it. :blush: Thanks again
To echo @Midgetguy above, I have the Master, and am waiting on the PM6:
I plan to do full reviews of the Master and the Noble Audio wizard Katana in the next couple of weeks, and the PM6 I guess around a month from now, depending on how long it takes me to receive it and burn it in..

OK. Wow thats about a degrees worth of writing. BSc hons in Headfi after all that lot! I will look forward to all of those.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #18,276 of 24,683
That would be so good . Thank you. I take my hat off to all you people who know what they are talking about and have the passion and wider experience to back it up. :ksc75smile:
Hope you are able to find your absolute 'sweet spot' for filter/tip combo.
Looking forward to it. :blush: Thanks again

OK. Wow thats about a degrees worth of writing. BSc hons in Headfi after all that lot! I will look forward to all of those.
I wouldn't exactly say I know what I'm talking about. In fact, it's in the disclaimer sections of the reviews I write (of which I've done 2 IEMs and 2 headphones, in any useful format anyway) :p. But you know, give it a shot anyway.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #18,277 of 24,683
I wouldn't exactly say I know what I'm talking about. In fact, it's in the disclaimer sections of the reviews I write (of which I've done 2 IEMs and 2 headphones, in any useful format anyway) :p. But you know, give it a shot anyway.

Every review is a worthwhile review, and I think yours are pretty good anyway. As long as whoever is writing is giving their honest opinion about what they had, and giving some reference points as to how they are hearing it (personal preferences, how it sounds compared to other pieces of gear etc) then that can only be a benefit.

I've written a load of reviews in the last 18 months because I enjoy it, but I certainly don't consider myself an expert (or even particularly proficient yet!), but the more I write, hopefully the more useful my ramblings will get.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Bob's current flagship - there is definitely something abit special about it, but I don't think it will be for everyone, tuning wise. Guess we'll find out soon! :wink:

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #18,278 of 24,683
Every review is a worthwhile review, and I think yours are pretty good anyway. As long as whoever is writing is giving their honest opinion about what they had, and giving some reference points as to how they are hearing it (personal preferences, how it sounds compared to other pieces of gear etc) then that can only be a benefit.

I've written a load of reviews in the last 18 months because I enjoy it, but I certainly don't consider myself an expert (or even particularly proficient yet!), but the more I write, hopefully the more useful my ramblings will get.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of Bob's current flagship - there is definitely something abit special about it, but I don't think it will be for everyone, tuning wise. Guess we'll find out soon! :wink:
Great, so neither you or I know what we're talking about in reviews. Awesome, love it! Lol :p

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #18,279 of 24,683
Large Kombi - 12.5mm wide, 9mm tall, bore dia of 5mm

M/L Spiral Dots - 12.5mm wide, 8.5mm tall, bore dia of 3mm

That's at least what my calipers say. In person the spiral dots sit nice and deep in the ear canal thus decreasing the moment arm and making the fit significantly more secure compared to the kombis. Sound is a lot "larger" as well

You know I went back to blue filters when my Spiral dots come in and the blue filters sounded excellent but even with the full black dampening certain violin and piano pieces are unbearable. I'm actually thinking about adding black dampening material to the blue filters. Keep us posted what you come up with and I'll do the same

Are you talking about the Masters?? I really don't think they have crazy sibilance or anything, especially not with black dampened filters. Are you sure you don't have a faulty pair?

I also am looking forward to seeing a review it will be very interesting to hear a few points of view on the sound sig.
Im still waiting for delta and Hunter has anyone actually recieved shipping confirmation this week??? Am also right in thinking there doesnt seem that many that have reported actually receiving the hunter????
As I have said before im not a trinity basher and understand production problems/delays but thought more pm6 and hunter would have appeared after 3 weeks.

The Delta doesn't exist. It appears to have been discontinued permanently.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #18,283 of 24,683
Are you talking about the Masters?? I really don't think they have crazy sibilance or anything, especially not with black dampened filters. Are you sure you don't have a faulty pair?

The Delta doesn't exist. It appears to have been discontinued permanently.

Even I felt my masters were having a lot of sibilance first time I put it on. The only filter I could stand was the gunmetal one.
It could be because of the source as well.
I playing it on a bright source. With some other sources like zisha z1, it sounded good with black filters. But still had sibilance on some other filters first few minutes listen.

Even though I am not a firm believer of burn in, it seems to be better over time.
Even sound stage seems to have opened up a little.
Probably I am getting used to it or maybe it has improved, not sure.
I still have gunmetal filter on masters, I will give all the filters one more go and see how it goes.

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #18,284 of 24,683
Your Hunter's had issue too? Bad driver?

Yeah, the right connection using any of the cables fit very loosely. And they were incredibly bright no matter which combination of filter and tip I used. Finally there was far to much distortion in both but more so in the right. Thought it was my source as I was using my iPhone 7, but never had any of these issues with my Atlas, Vyrus 2, or Master. Tried using the Hunter connected to my Pono Player thinking certainly the sound quality would improve, and made no differance. I did perform a fairly short burn in for only about 100 hours and even that did'nt improve the sound. With my other Trinity IEM's they all sounded great after just several hours of listening. To my ears, anyway. I hope it has nothing to do with the present Trinity tuning or house sound. It will be interesting to know why my Hunter sounded worse than a pair of earbuds I only paid $4.99 for. This is the very first problem I have ever had with any of the 9 IEM's purchased, not all of these for my use. I sure hope they can be fixed as I really like everything else about them.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #18,285 of 24,683
Hm…

For the first time from June 2016 I contacted Trinity to find out wats going on with my PM6 order. Got same answer as somebody else- We are just waiting for the remaining stock to arrive, then we will proceed with shipping. It is expected to be around 3 weeks until it arrives.

As it sounds as typical copy paste answer I asked again just to be sure that my order is not shipped out and I got same answer. So it looks like more two month for me here in Canada.

I am tired of all this.

Can somebody answer please, if I cancel I will get full refund or it’s subject to a 30% cancellation charge?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back