TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 20, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #14,941 of 24,683
True that.. But you see the anomaly. Should show prices plus or including VAT, especially if your dealers are going to do so.

As I wrote above, it all depends. I buy often for my business from outside of my country meaning I need not to be charged vat. And often companies either do not know the rules or they do not apply them because of additional costs their booker charge them to do certain things. In the end they are not skimming anybody as they will loose the vat to the state. Also note that there is always a procedure for you, outside of Europe, to aks your state to refund you the Vat. Therefore, a seller from abroad can decide to ask you to deal with it.
Lots of companies from uk and Netherlands do like this.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #14,942 of 24,683
As I wrote above, it all depends. I buy often for my business from outside of my country meaning I need not to be charged vat. And often companies either do not know the rules or they do not apply them because of additional costs their booker charge them to do certain things. In the end they are not skimming anybody as they will loose the vat to the state. Also note that there is always a procedure for you, outside of Europe, to aks your state to refund you the Vat. Therefore, a seller from abroad can decide to ask you to deal with it.
Lots of companies from uk and Netherlands do like this.

Understood. But the point stands. Dealers like Penon and others are selling at the same MSRP as Trinity shows on it's website, despite having no VAT to include. Others like audiosanctuary are pricing at MSRP exclusive of VAT for overseas customers. At the very least it creates confusion, and doesn't reflect the value of discounts.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #14,943 of 24,683
I would recommend anyone thinking of ordering any of Trinity's newer IEMs from Audio Sanctuary to check availability before doing so. I e-mailed them yesterday about availability of the Hunter and just noticed the following reply in my inbox:

Hiya

We need to update the status of this product. It was a limited product but I am now aware that there are none left. 

Kindest regards
Phil Wannell
Website Manager
Audio Sanctuary – formerly Custom Cable

Product page is still live as of now but hopefully they'll pull it shortly to avoid any confusion.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #14,944 of 24,683
Hey, they are a business, they need to make money somewhere. If they found a loophole to make money and you are still getting a good value. Then it's all fine. If you are not getting a good value, don't buy it so you don't have to complain. I don't want them to raise the prices so to satisfy your condition because their margin is already low. They also don't have enough capital hence the preorder and kickstarter that got them in this mess.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #14,951 of 24,683
Me too! 
tongue_smile.gif
 Still hopeful Air comes soon too, but will settle for Master to start, closely followed by Hunter! 
popcorn.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #14,953 of 24,683
My Master just arrived via APC. They are fookin incredible, far superior to my UE900S and Sen IE80. Worth the wait. Comes with a ridiculous amount of filters and tips, changeable backplates. I'm in audio heaven.

If the Master is this good, can't wait for the Vyrus2, PM6 and Icarus III.

Great work Bob.

Yo,cld you pls post a picture of the box showing tech spec?......ty!

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #14,954 of 24,683
Hey, they are a business, they need to make money somewhere. If they found a loophole to make money and you are still getting a good value. Then it's all fine. If you are not getting a good value, don't buy it so you don't have to complain. I don't want them to raise the prices so to satisfy your condition because their margin is already low. They also don't have enough capital hence the preorder and kickstarter that got them in this mess.

Well to be fair, not being transparant and being vague in their communication got them into this mess. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back