TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 19, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #14,926 of 24,683
  Audiosanctuary looks like a pretty damn legit store. I just saw some pictures of it in google images, it looks like a really big enterprise. Not to mention the overwhelming good reviews at the top of the google search results. I have faith that I put my money in good hands.

Looks like they used to be known as custom cables.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815471/custom-cable-evolves-into-audio-sanctuary

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #14,928 of 24,683
Hmm, please correct me if I'm wrong but I see a problem here, after seeing the audiosanctuary pricing...
They show pricing without VAT, and only UK buyers have to pay it (not sure how it works in Europe). Trinity's pricing includes VAT but the price remains the same whether ordering in the UK or overseas? Did for my overseas order anyway but it was discounted so I didn't pay attention...
So the price for overseas Head-fiers should be minus 20% VAT and then minus 20% discount. If you are overseas and paying full retail only minus 20% then that isn't a discount!
Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not? Are overseas customers getting 20+20 reductions?

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #14,929 of 24,683
Hmm, please correct me if I'm wrong but I see a problem here, after seeing the audiosanctuary pricing...
They show pricing without VAT, and only UK buyers have to pay it (not sure how it works in Europe). Trinity's pricing includes VAT but the price remains the same whether ordering in the UK or overseas? Did for my overseas order anyway but it was discounted so I didn't pay attention...
So the price for overseas Head-fiers should be minus 20% VAT and then minus 20% discount. If you are overseas and paying full retail only minus 20% then that isn't a discount!
Can anyone confirm whether this is correct or not? Are overseas customers getting 20+20 reductions?

No reduction for VAT...

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #14,931 of 24,683
Then the 20% "discount" is whack then! I just did a trial buy and no 20% VAT reduction happened. If you are in the UK it should be plus 20, or as seen at audiosanctuary, the real price to overseas should be minus 20, and *then* 20% Head-fiers discount.
frown.gif

Question about VAT was raised in september 2016 by someone, response from a head-fi member was that they don't do tax deduction, then person said thanks to Bob for the prompt reply... No clue what that was the actual answer.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #14,932 of 24,683
Question about VAT was raised in september 2016 by someone, response from a head-fi member was that they don't do tax deduction, then person said thanks to Bob for the prompt reply... No clue what that was the actual answer.

But in light of the audiosanctuary pricing that makes no sense! Ignoring vouchers, coupon codes and sales, for the 20% discount for overseas buyers you might as well order from audiosanctuary.. There is no advantage to ordering from Trinity, because the Head-fiers discount adds up to the missing VAT....
And no way Trinity can not be paying VAT.. There is no exemption in the UK for UK based businesses.
This is puzzling.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #14,933 of 24,683
But in light of the audiosanctuary pricing that makes no sense! Ignoring vouchers, coupon codes and sales, for the 20% discount for overseas buyers you might as well order from audiosanctuary.. There is no advantage to ordering from Trinity, because the Head-fiers discount adds up to the missing VAT....
And no way Trinity can not be paying VAT.. There is no exemption in the UK for UK based businesses.
This is puzzling.

wink_face.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #14,934 of 24,683
This is puzzling.

Yeah.... But...... No. We got other rebates than 20% in the past. :wink:

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #14,935 of 24,683
Yeah.... But...... No. We got other rebates than 20% in the past. :wink:

As stated, I'm not arguing that. :wink:
But plenty of other buyers are assuming that the Head-fiers discount is a real discount... When that is only true if you are UK based.
Needs clarification going forward I feel, since pre-orders are now supposed to be a thing of the past.
Otherwise why not just order from audiosanctuary? Will make zero difference.
Edit: and audiosanctuary will have a dealer markup, so where is the discount, actually??

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #14,936 of 24,683
As stated, I'm not arguing that.
wink.gif

But plenty of other buyers are assuming that the Head-fiers discount is a real discount... When that is only true if you are UK based.
Needs clarification going forward I feel, since pre-orders are now supposed to be a thing of the past.
Otherwise why not just order from audiosanctuary? Will make zero difference.

I wonder if when inquiring to audiosanctuary about shipping they will reply with "next week"?  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #14,937 of 24,683
In theory for order outside the EU they should take the vat off, but it is common among small shops or companies not to take advantage of the situation also because it might means additional costs (bookkeeper costs). This is especially true with companies from uk and Netherlands.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #14,939 of 24,683
I think the price thing we should truly NOT complain. I understand shipping a si am also unhappy on how this is being handled and if none of those packs arrives in uk with a huge totl iem I will aks a refund, but price we got it good,

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #14,940 of 24,683
I think the price thing we should truly NOT complain. I understand shipping a si am also unhappy on how this is being handled and if none of those packs arrives in uk with a huge totl iem I will aks a refund, but price we got it good,

True that.. But you see the anomaly. Should show prices plus or including VAT, especially if your dealers are going to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back