TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 14, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #14,327 of 24,683
So, it's been almost a week since Bob told us that the Airs are on their way to Alabama...wouldn't that mean that someone locally in UK should have received them by now? Also, did they borrow a the slow boat from China to get them over here? I would imagine @Bobtrinity
 has some kind of tracking on that shipment. It would be good to know where it's at.

I'm sorry I think you're in the wrong thread if you want actual information. There is little or none to be found here

I'm joking, I could not resist

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #14,328 of 24,683
  So, it's been almost a week since Bob told us that the Airs are on their way to Alabama...wouldn't that mean that someone locally in UK should have received them by now? Also, did they borrow a the slow boat from China to get them over here? I would imagine @Bobtrinity has some kind of tracking on that shipment. It would be good to know where it's at.

Actually he stated they received them earlier this week.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #14,329 of 24,683
Ok, so before this all gets horribly out of hand lol..
I've always been so well-behaved on here and treated others as I'd like to be treated, so I hope you'll forgive me a small bit of Easter mischief
redface.gif

I just posted the pics as a kind of joke because of what seemed to be a slightly dogmatic statement by Nealh.
There was no malice intended and I totally get where he's coming from, I just tend to be more optimistic and assume there may be things I don't yet know about etc.

To set the record straight, I am waiting for the PM6 and haven't actually ordered the Hunter.

However, I was privileged to be chosen to be part of a review tour for a new DAP (Aune M1S); my first such invitation (aside from Noble wizard Katana, but that's another story lol) and my first steps into the big scary audiophile reviewer world that I hope to become a part of.

I really wanted to use the PM6 as part of my review, so I messaged Bob recently to ask him if there was any chance I'd be able to receive my PM6 in time, because the DAP was due to arrive and I am only allowed to keep it for 10 days.

He said it wouldn't be possible, but offered to send me a pair of Hunter (a demo model) to use in my review
basshead.gif

I also asked at that time whether there'd be any 2.5mm balanced cable with the PM6 or if he had one I might borrow (the DAP has balanced output too, and I have no balanced cables with which to test it otherwise).
He *gave* me a free balanced cable (the lovely OFC copper ones from the website) free of charge
basshead.gif

When I previously raised an issue about my PM4 having a loose connection, and commented that I'd have no IEM's to listen to if I sent them back for repair as he suggested, he *gave* me a free pair of Hyperions (which sound lovely btw)
basshead.gif

The very first time I met him at CanJam last year, my IEM's had just broken, and he gave me a free prototype set of IEM's he had lying around in his box of tricks
basshead.gif

I didn't want to say all this because I don't want people to start deluging him with emails or expecting freebies lol.
I'd built up a decent relationship with him over time, so it wasn't entirely random
tongue_smile.gif

Finally, like many of you I'm sure, I've had low points in my life. Points where I just felt completely alone, like I'd utterly screwed up and didn't even know where to begin in trying to fix it, even in my professional life.
I remember well the feeling of just burying my head in the sand and hoping it would go away, avoiding, procrastinating, BS'ing to cover my tracks/shame, and sinking lower and lower and feeling more and more desperate all the while.
Throw in a disabled child experiencing health problems on top of that, and a total breakdown would not even be surprising.

If there has indeed been any deliberately misleading statements made by Bob/Trinity, I don't condone such behaviour.
But I can understand it, because I've been in the dark hole before myself, and I can forgive it, because, as I hope the above accounts indicate, Bob is without question a good guy who has always gone way above and beyond anything I've expected or deserved.
I dare say he'll take a hit for this delivery fiasco, but I very much hope and believe he'll learn from it and come back better.
I'm also confident that his IEM's will speak volumes (pun intended lol) for themselves and win new fans, and hopefully retain some old ones
regular_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #14,331 of 24,683
I can't really compare them to any high end iem's due to the fact that I've always been the guy that buys something cheap..
I'm not really one for the terminology on here..mids all while allowing vocals to shine through seamlessly. Zero distortion even at the highest volume on my loud ass phone.
The fit on all three are very comfortable as well. Once I threw a pair of large Kombi Tips on them..
After listening to all three I was immediately a fan of the brand. If I could choose only one Trinity iem that was there that day I'd go with the Icarus III.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but just curious.. You have only posted on Trinity threads, and yet you "became a fan" at the show.. Had you already ordered any of the Trinity IEMs before you went to the show? Did you get the chance to compare the models at the show with other high end stuff?
Thanks.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #14,332 of 24,683
  Ok, so before this all gets horribly out of hand lol..
I've always been so well-behaved on here and treated others as I'd like to be treated, so I hope you'll forgive me a small bit of Easter mischief
redface.gif

I just posted the pics as a kind of joke because of what seemed to be a slightly dogmatic statement by Nealh.
There was no malice intended and I totally get where he's coming from, I just tend to be more optimistic and assume there may be things I don't yet know about etc.

To set the record straight, I am waiting for the PM6 and haven't actually ordered the Hunter.

However, I was privileged to be chosen to be part of a review tour for a new DAP (Aune M1S); my first such invitation (aside from Noble wizard Katana, but that's another story lol) and my first steps into the big scary audiophile reviewer world that I hope to become a part of.

I really wanted to use the PM6 as part of my review, so I messaged Bob recently to ask him if there was any chance I'd be able to receive my PM6 in time, because the DAP was due to arrive and I am only allowed to keep it for 10 days.

He said it wouldn't be possible, but offered to send me a pair of Hunter (a demo model) to use in my review
basshead.gif

I also asked at that time whether there'd be any 2.5mm balanced cable with the PM6 or if he had one I might borrow (the DAP has balanced output too, and I have no balanced cables with which to test it otherwise).
He *gave* me a free balanced cable (the lovely OFC copper ones from the website) free of charge
basshead.gif

When I previously raised an issue about my PM4 having a loose connection, and commented that I'd have no IEM's to listen to if I sent them back for repair as he suggested, he *gave* me a free pair of Hyperions (which sound lovely btw)
basshead.gif

The very first time I met him at CanJam last year, my IEM's had just broken, and he gave me a free prototype set of IEM's he had lying around in his box of tricks
basshead.gif

I didn't want to say all this because I don't want people to start deluging him with emails or expecting freebies lol.
I'd built up a decent relationship with him over time, so it wasn't entirely random
tongue_smile.gif

Finally, like many of you I'm sure, I've had low points in my life. Points where I just felt completely alone, like I'd utterly screwed up and didn't even know where to begin in trying to fix it, even in my professional life.
I remember well the feeling of just burying my head in the sand and hoping it would go away, avoiding, procrastinating, BS'ing to cover my tracks/shame, and sinking lower and lower and feeling more and more desperate all the while.
Throw in a disabled child experiencing health problems on top of that, and a total breakdown would not even be surprising.

If there has indeed been any deliberately misleading statements made by Bob/Trinity, I don't condone such behaviour.
But I can understand it, because I've been in the dark hole before myself, and I can forgive it, because, as I hope the above accounts indicate, Bob is without question a good guy who has always gone way above and beyond anything I've expected or deserved.
I dare say he'll take a hit for this delivery fiasco, but I very much hope and believe he'll learn from it and come back better.
I'm also confident that his IEM's will speak volumes (pun intended lol) for themselves and win new fans, and hopefully retain some old ones
regular_smile .gif

That was pretty obvious. I hope you enjoyed your 5 mins of fame LOL 

No impressions yet for Hunter, PM6, Delta Atlas and Air, correct? 

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #14,333 of 24,683
So, there is not a single hunter coming out of production, just an old proto that was lying around.

Well, as I said, this may be the case, but we cannot 100% say that for sure, because, well.. who knows?
My friend received the Master before most of you, but never came on here to post.

My feeling is that even if they haven't been shipped yet, it's really not going to be much longer before they do.
Just my opinon though :)

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #14,335 of 24,683

Urgh.. seriously, fame (especially for the wrong reasons) is the last thing I want lol..
I just wanted to make a joke, because it seemed a bit ironic reading that statement about 'no Hunters have been shipped' whilst listening to a pair
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #14,336 of 24,683

Urgh.. seriously, fame (especially for the wrong reasons) is the last thing I want lol..
I just wanted to make a joke, because it seemed a bit ironic reading that statement about 'no Hunters have been shipped' whilst listening to a pair
redface.gif

Your joke added 4 pages to this thread for no reason.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #14,337 of 24,683

April Fools already came and went. Not really necessary, dude. You probably pissed off a lot of people for no real good reason. Just sayin'. 

Again, apologies.
It was supposed to be a joke, and I was quite quick to explain that afterwards.
I've always tried to contribute positively to the thread/forum (including humorous comments).
I hope people can overlook me making a mistake once
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #14,338 of 24,683
Well, as I said, this may be the case, but we cannot 100% say that for sure, because, well.. who knows?
My friend received the Master before most of you, but never came on here to post.

My feeling is that even if they haven't been shipped yet, it's really not going to be much longer before they do.
Just my opinon though :)

Thanks for making me look like an ass for no reason.
I think I am correct on deliveries.

I am really happy that Bob is treated you very well and it does show very good qualities in the gentleman.

I think all we have asked here is for accurate information.

Crap happens in life and people can be very understanding.
I wish Bob and his family nothing but the best for them I wish his son nothing but good health and good times. I understand health issues in the family and that always comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back