TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #14,357 of 24,683
The issue l'm referring to is mostly on the PM4. No idea about the Master or Vyrus II though since there are only a few brief impression. 

I think part of the reason why things (and in particular master 6) is so late is that after the quality issues with PM4 they did change subcontractor on the shells and filters. So I think the whole systems was sort of set up before PM4, but the problems there forced them to change the course. In case of PM6 I think they changed the shell material twice... However, it now sounds that the quality is good at least on Master and Vyrus 2

The Hunter prototype and the filter are likely from the original subcontractor.

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #14,358 of 24,683
In terms of build and quality control the Vyrus2 and the Masters are the best iem's I have owned. The filter threads are large bore and fit perfectly with a rubber seal to avoid over tightening and leakage. They sit well in my small ear canals with no discomfort. The cables are quite chunky, but very flexible and are very comfortable to wear over ear. The Y split is well thought out and at a sensible and useful drop height with a very secure feeling joint (I am looking forward to the balanced cable).

Overall these are very substantial bits of kit, that are sounding better and better as I get used to listening with them.

I hope that your deliveries start arriving soon.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #14,359 of 24,683
  In terms of build and quality control the Vyrus2 and the Masters are the best iem's I have owned. The filter threads are large bore and fit perfectly with a rubber seal to avoid over tightening and leakage. They sit well in my small ear canals with no discomfort. The cables are quite chunky, but very flexible and are very comfortable to wear over ear. The Y split is well thought out and at a sensible and useful drop height with a very secure feeling joint (I am looking forward to the balanced cable).

Overall these are very substantial bits of kit, that are sounding better and better as I get used to listening with them.

I hope that your deliveries start arriving soon.

:) thanks for best wishes.

I bought Periodic Audio MG. but I haven't chosen to cancel my Phantom PM6 from last summer yet.
I've ridden with trinity for this long so I sent an email to Jake to ask him if my PM6 is not constructed yet.
If it's not constructed I may ask for a refund so it wouldn't hurt Trinity.

If it's constructed or being made I may just keep it. I don't really know....

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #14,361 of 24,683
Please don't take this the wrong way, but just curious.. You have only posted on Trinity threads, and yet you "became a fan" at the show.. Had you already ordered any of the Trinity IEMs before you went to the show? Did you get the chance to compare the models at the show with other high end stuff?
Thanks.

Oh don't worry, I'm not taking offence to what you said. In a nutshell, I wanted something decent to listen to, saw Trinity on Facebook, ordered Hyperions and kept monitoring their site for new stuff and decided to make a visit to their booth that weekend while I was visiting my cousin. And my pockets are only so deep, and that's why I like their stuff so much. It sounds amazing and it's very affordable.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #14,362 of 24,683
Well, I actually couldn't really laught about Layman1's joke, but can agree to his story bout Bobtrinity.
He seems to be a nice and hard working guy. We can all agree on that. But still, at the end of the day, people need to trust in bob and trinity. This gets harder by the minute regarding the last couple of weeks and not changing vague and often wrong information.

Btw, I dunno undestand the direction they went with colouring of shells with their new iems. I personally don't like all this shiny metal, looks always cheap to me, imho. Well, you get the faceplates, but still, I prefer matte look. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Questions again for the guys who tested Master and Icarus III (cause I have both on preorder):
1) can you assure they're not harsh in the heights? I had some harsh Denons for years and can stand such harshness anymore
2) were they easy to drive? I currently have Galaxy S5 and intend to upgrade soon, but are also considering Icarus I for shure. Really curious.

Thanks in advance guys

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #14,363 of 24,683
  So I've been listening for my hyperions for about 15 hours now and I love them! I still have pm6 ordered, do you guys think it will be a drastic difference between those two?

Honestly, I do think there's going to be a big difference, relatively speaking (as there should be with a 10 x price difference lol).
Firstly, the Hyperion is very much the traditional, somewhat v-shaped Trinity house signature. Very fun and enjoyable.

The PM6 are apparently going to be pursuing a more neutral/reference sound signature.
The delightful proviso to this is that the filter system should enable you to customise the sound of the PM6 to sound like (probably) a superior version of the Hyperion, perhaps through use of the silver filters. But either way, expect superior soundstage, detail, imaging etc on PM6
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #14,364 of 24,683

Honestly, I do think there's going to be a big difference, relatively speaking (as there should be with a 10 x price difference lol).
Firstly, the Hyperion is very much the traditional, somewhat v-shaped Trinity house signature. Very fun and enjoyable.

The PM6 are apparently going to be pursuing a more neutral/reference sound signature.
The delightful proviso to this is that the filter system should enable you to customise the sound of the PM6 to sound like (probably) a superior version of the Hyperion, perhaps through use of the silver filters. But either way, expect superior soundstage, detail, imaging etc on PM6
beerchug.gif

Ahh.  Reading comprehension got the best of me.  nvm.

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #14,365 of 24,683
Questions again for the guys who tested Master and Icarus III (cause I have both on preorder):

2) were they easy to drive? I currently have Galaxy S5 and intend to upgrade soon, but are also considering Icarus I for shure. Really curious.

Well, although I don't own them (yet, lol), I can say Bob tests all his IEM's on smartphones.
The general feedback I've heard regarding Trinity's stuff is that it will play fine on smartphones, but that you can get better performance out of them by amping or using a more powerful source.
That's probably true for a great deal of IEM/headphones though, so I don't see it as a negative, rather that there are hidden treasures waiting to be unearthed
tongue_smile.gif

The gift that keeps on giving, so to speak
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #14,366 of 24,683
  So I've been listening for my hyperions for about 15 hours now and I love them! 

I know right?? They just keep getting better with more use! I also decided to pair them with my fiio e12 and they sound positively ecstatic. The bass is nuts. 

I'd say there probably will be a pretty big difference between them and the PM6, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like one better than the other. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #14,367 of 24,683
  Actually he stated they received them earlier this week.

Where did he state that? All I've seen is him saying they shipped them over to Alabama. 

If they actually received them earlier this week, then I would expect the first Airs to be landing in people's hands today or tomorrow. Monday at the latest. Something tells me that's not happening.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #14,368 of 24,683

Where did he state that? All I've seen is him saying they shipped them over to Alabama. 

If they actually received them earlier this week, then I would expect the first Airs to be landing in people's hands today or tomorrow. Monday at the latest. Something tells me that's not happening.

He posted this on Tuesday:

Hi Guys

I am going to write this update and hope that it answers where we are at currently as i would prefer to get on with building and shipping than typing 
biggrin.gif

So as many know I have been away for best part of a week due to travel/canjam etc.

When I last updated we had 290 master 6/hunter left to build and advised 3-4 weeks for them all to be built. So by the middle of next week we will have around 150 of them going out (mainly head-fi members) with the balance to follow over the following couple of weeks. 

All those that asked for a refund have been refunded in full and we have just 1 Hunter left in heat treated guise.

So with the above info please refrain if possible (I know its hard 
biggrin.gif
) from sending eleventy million emails and PM's asking when yours will ship as all that does is stop us getting the work done you want us to get finished 
tongue_smile.gif

Our Guys in US now have Master and Vyrus and so they will work through them along with the Air, so hang in their for a short while for those waiting, they won't all get packed in a day and will take about a week to get everything shipped.

Thats all for now. Back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back