TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 14, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #14,371 of 24,683
Our Guys in US now have Master and Vyrus and so they will work through them along with the Air, so hang in their for a short while for those waiting, they won't all get packed in a day and will take about a week to get everything shipped.

He never mentioned when they got the Air, so I was taking that as they'll work through them along with the Air when those are received.

Here's hoping my wife's birthday present is delivered less than 3 months later than her birthday :D

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #14,374 of 24,683
Well, I actually couldn't really laught about Layman1's joke, but can agree to his story bout Bobtrinity.
He seems to be a nice and hard working guy. We can all agree on that. But still, at the end of the day, people need to trust in bob and trinity. This gets harder by the minute regarding the last couple of weeks and not changing vague and often wrong information.

Btw, I dunno undestand the direction they went with colouring of shells with their new iems. I personally don't like all this shiny metal, looks always cheap to me, imho. Well, you get the faceplates, but still, I prefer matte look. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Questions again for the guys who tested Master and Icarus III (cause I have both on preorder):
1) can you assure they're not harsh in the heights? I had some harsh Denons for years and can stand such harshness anymore
2) were they easy to drive? I currently have Galaxy S5 and intend to upgrade soon, but are also considering Icarus I for shure. Really curious.

Thanks in advance guys

I personally found the master very snooth with no harshness to the highs especially now they have settled down after a few days use , i suffer with high frequencys on some iems but i have had these in my ears for about 3 or 4 hours straight with no fatigue ....do think they shine with a bit more juice though, tried them on my galaxy s7 was ok but much better through fiio x7/am3 , then again galaxy s7 vs fiio x7 not much conparison realy.
Hope this helps.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #14,375 of 24,683
  This Hunter joke almost gave me hope and regret i was asking a refund.
Thanks God it was not true and it is just another sign of better out for me.

Please don't make me feel worse than I already do :frowning2:

What I would say though is that I reckon 3 weeks from now seems like a realistic deadline by which most if not all of the Hunters and PM6 should have shipped.
This is based on things Bob has said on here and to me. I know (I really know!) how long a wait it's been.

My personal feeling is that the IEM's will be very good and worth waiting the extra few weeks for; I mean since you've already waited so long, wouldn't you regret if they came just a fortnight after you asked for a refund?

Again, my own personal thoughts; when I thought about a refund or looking elsewhere, the tuneable filter system made it hard to look further afield, even more so if you imagine it being stuck onto a (hopefully) significantly better IEM and how that might sound. I love the idea of being able to take a high quality IEM and have it fun and v-shaped for some genres/moods and neutral and reference for others
regular_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #14,376 of 24,683

What I would say though is that I reckon 3 weeks from now seems like a realistic deadline by which most if not all of the Hunters and PM6 should have shipped.
This is based on things Bob has said on here and to me. I know (I really know!) how long a wait it's been.

My personal feeling is that the IEM's will be very good and worth waiting the extra few weeks for; I mean since you've already waited so long, wouldn't you regret if they came just a fortnight after you asked for a refund?

Again, my own personal thoughts; when I thought about a refund or looking elsewhere, the tuneable filter system made it hard to look further afield, even more so if you imagine it being stuck onto a (hopefully) significantly better IEM and how that might sound. I love the idea of being able to take a high quality IEM and have it fun and v-shaped for some genres/moods and neutral and reference for others
regular_smile%20.gif

No need to feel guilty. I understand the feeling of tunig .. i eve have headphones with filters and it is fun. But in the end after a while i stick to the same filter ... 

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #14,377 of 24,683
  Well, although I don't own them (yet, lol), I can say Bob tests all his IEM's on smartphones.
The general feedback I've heard regarding Trinity's stuff is that it will play fine on smartphones, but that you can get better performance out of them by amping or using a more powerful source.
That's probably true for a great deal of IEM/headphones though, so I don't see it as a negative, rather that there are hidden treasures waiting to be unearthed
tongue_smile.gif

The gift that keeps on giving, so to speak
biggrin.gif

LOL.  Someone's going to repost your photo.  I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a shtstorm in the future pages for people who just joined or those who haven't been keeping up with the thread.  Then, there's going to be this back and forth whether it was real or not, something something conspiracy,  some will say it was photoshopped.  Audiophiles hate him for this one simple trick, click here to find out more something something 

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #14,378 of 24,683

regular_smile%20.gif

Don't feel bad.  It was hilarious.  What was even funnier was that some people probably didn't read your entire post so people actually thought it was the real deal retail version.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #14,379 of 24,683
  Don't feel bad.  It was hilarious.  What was even funnier was that some people probably didn't read your entire post so people actually thought it was the real deal retail version.

Well, in the original post, I just posted a pic of it without explanation (which led to people drawing the natural conclusion).
I went back later and edited the original post to point out it was just a prototype and not the final product etc.

I mentioned earlier, I have autism. I realised this is part of the reason I can be sharp-witted and crack jokes and do well in banter. My brain seems to make connections and do word-play etc very quickly. So that's a plus.
However, my social awareness is still imperfect and I sometimes say things I think are hilarious and end up annoying or offending people. It's not common, but it happens, usually to my mortification.
Sigh. Live and learn I guess.
redface.gif

Which may well be the motto for this whole thread lol
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #14,380 of 24,683
Well, in the original post, I just posted a pic of it without explanation (which led to people drawing the natural conclusion).
I went back later and edited the original post to point out it was just a prototype and not the final product etc.

I mentioned earlier, I have autism. I realised this is part of the reason I can be sharp-witted and crack jokes and do well in banter. My brain seems to make connections and do word-play etc very quickly. So that's a plus.
However, my social awareness is still imperfect and I sometimes say things I think are hilarious and end up annoying or offending people. It's not common, but it happens, usually to my mortification.
Sigh. Live and learn I guess. :xf_eek:
Which may well be the motto for this whole thread lol :tongue_smile:

Dont worry. I do not have autism and i rile people up IRL cause its fun and life isnt supposed to be as it appears for some in this thread.

Autism on my friend with no regrets.

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #14,381 of 24,683

I know right?? They just keep getting better with more use! I also decided to pair them with my fiio e12 and they sound positively ecstatic. The bass is nuts. 

I'd say there probably will be a pretty big difference between them and the PM6, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like one better than the other. 

I got hyperions just because I couldn't wait longer for PM6 :D That was a good purchase though

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #14,382 of 24,683
  In terms of build and quality control the Vyrus2 and the Masters are the best iem's I have owned. The filter threads are large bore and fit perfectly with a rubber seal to avoid over tightening and leakage. They sit well in my small ear canals with no discomfort. The cables are quite chunky, but very flexible and are very comfortable to wear over ear. The Y split is well thought out and at a sensible and useful drop height with a very secure feeling joint (I am looking forward to the balanced cable).

Overall these are very substantial bits of kit, that are sounding better and better as I get used to listening with them.

I hope that your deliveries start arriving soon.

That is great to hear @Rearwing. How would you compare the two IEMs? Have you settled on one over the other?

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #14,384 of 24,683
Hi Guys

I am going to write this update and hope that it answers where we are at currently as i would prefer to get on with building and shipping than typing :D

So as many know I have been away for best part of a week due to travel/canjam etc.

When I last updated we had 290 master 6/hunter left to build and advised 3-4 weeks for them all to be built. So by the middle of next week we will have around 150 of them going out (mainly head-fi members) with the balance to follow over the following couple of weeks. 

All those that asked for a refund have been refunded in full and we have just 1 Hunter left in heat treated guise.

So with the above info please refrain if possible (I know its hard :D ) from sending eleventy million emails and PM's asking when yours will ship as all that does is stop us getting the work done you want us to get finished :tongue_smile:

Our Guys in US now have Master and Vyrus and so they will work through them along with the Air, so hang in their for a short while for those waiting, they won't all get packed in a day and will take about a week to get everything shipped.

Thats all for now. Back to work.

Hey Bobtrinity thanks for the recent updates its nice to see your back on track and some positivity again.

I am just like to respectfully ask how these remaining 290 or so are going out?

To clarify, I ordered my Hunters the very day they went on sale and I am in the UK too. I remember early customers where asked which number they would like. You replied that I was the 1st to order and as such my serial would be #1 if I wanted it, and I was very happy about this and jumped at the chance, as I thought it was pretty cool.

If there are 290 left to send of both hunters and pm6 then how are mine serial #1 yet one of the last to be sent out?

I hope my directness is not interpreted as anything other than the polite enquiry it is ment to be, as I know sometimes can come across this way on a written forum.

Looking forward to what should be a pretty big parcel at my door if all 3 pre-orders are delivered as one pretty soon.

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #14,385 of 24,683
Hey @Bobtrinity thanks for the recent updates its nice to see your back on track and some positivity again.

I am just like to respectfully ask how these remaining 290 or so are going out?

To clarify, I ordered my Hunters the very day they went on sale and I am in the UK too. I remember early customers where asked which number they would like. You replied that I was the 1st to order and as such my serial would be #1 if I wanted it, and I was very happy about this and jumped at the chance, as I thought it was pretty cool.

If there are 290 left to send of both hunters and pm6 then how are mine serial #1 yet one of the last to be sent out?

I hope my directness is not interpreted as anything other than the polite enquiry it is ment to be, as I know sometimes can come across this way on a written forum.

Looking forward to what should be a pretty big parcel at my door if all 3 pre-orders are delivered as one pretty soon.

They aren't being shipped in order of purchase. This been answered in this thread like a thousand times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back