TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #14,341 of 24,683
Thanks for making me look like an ass for no reason.
I think I am correct on deliveries.

I am really happy that Bob is treated you very well and it does show very good qualities in the gentleman.

I think all we have asked here is for accurate information.

Crap happens in life and people can be very understanding.
I wish Bob and his family nothing but the best for them I wish his son nothing but good health and good times. I understand health issues in the family and that always comes first.

Hey, just to say again, it was supposed to be light-hearted, I didn't intend for it to come off like that or annoy anyone :frowning2:
I'm human, I make mistakes in judgement sometimes and I'm sorry for that
redface.gif

Certainly no bad feeling towards you or anyone else on here. I know you want accurate info and products in hand (as I do) and I know you have sympathy for Bob's family situation too.
We're basically all on the same (audiophile) side
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #14,342 of 24,683
Thanks for making me look like an ass for no reason.
I think I am correct on deliveries.

I am really happy that Bob is treated you very well and it does show very good qualities in the gentleman.

I think all we have asked here is for accurate information.

Crap happens in life and people can be very understanding.
I wish Bob and his family nothing but the best for them I wish his son nothing but good health and good times. I understand health issues in the family and that always comes first.

I agree on the family part however after everything there it does not excuse giving us 100% truth. Like I said many times first it was they are shipped as made but no one here got any of the orders since Bobs apology and so now bob saying they are going to shop 150 orders next week which means he did not tell the truth about shipping as they are made. Putting the maths together means the other 140 orders last of them will be another 2 weeks before they are shipped. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #14,343 of 24,683
  I agree on the family part however after everything there it does not excuse giving us 100% truth. Like I said many times first it was they are shipped as made but no one here got any of the orders since Bobs apology and so now bob saying they are going to shop 150 orders next week which means he did not tell the truth about shipping as they are made. Putting the maths together means the other 140 orders last of them will be another 2 weeks before they are shipped. 

Those were mainly orders of Head-Fi members as per Bob's update.  
confused.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #14,345 of 24,683
  Hey, just to say again, it was supposed to be light-hearted, I didn't intend for it to come off like that or annoy anyone :frowning2:
redface.gif

Certainly no bad feeling towards you or anyone else on here. I know you want accurate info and products in hand (as I do) and I know you have sympathy for Bob's family situation too.
beerchug.gif

"We're basically all on the same (audiophile) side " : no we're not  , you were lucky have the hunter in your house and test it while the rest of us have been waiting for months.
Where is a "thumbs down" button when you need one ?
mad.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #14,346 of 24,683
redface.gif

beerchug.gif

So how's the sound of the Hunters?

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #14,347 of 24,683
I'm human, I make mistakes in judgement sometimes and I'm sorry for that :xf_eek:

We're basically all on the same (audiophile) side :beerchug:

Thanks for saying that. We're good. Take care

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #14,348 of 24,683
I found it quite amusing, actually. Why the salt?

I personally don't really care because I'm not that invested at this point. You'll notice it's been quite a while since I've made any overtly angry or heated posts here; I'm pretty level-headed about the whole thing right now. 

That being said, the reason that there is so much activity on this thread lately is because of the general confusion and lack of clear information about the shipping process, which seemed to be allayed by the first apology/update Bob gave, but recently has slipped back into the previous murkiness. I don't think that kind of joke is going to do anything but stoke a lot of flames here. People probably got their hopes up that people were actually receiving Hunters now and that the ball was starting to roll. 

I just think it was a tad ill timed, is all. I don't hate @Layman1 and I certainly think his apology was sufficient. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #14,349 of 24,683
   "We're basically all on the same (audiophile) side " : no we're not  , you were lucky have the hunter in your house and test it while the rest of us have been waiting for months.
Where is a "thumbs down" button when you need one ?
mad.gif

Again, apologies if I've annoyed you (or indeed anyone else).
Just to be clear, I have a prototype demo of the Hunter, on loan for a short while only and am still awaiting my ordered IEM's (PM6) like everyone else.

The tuning is not quite right, the filter screw hole on one side is bigger than the other, the cable is not the final 8 braid cable.
It only has gunmetal filters, no others, none of the new ones, and due to the assymetrical 'work in progress' bodies, I can't use the filters from my PM4 or new Vyrus II in it.

What this prototype can do is give me/you a rough idea as to the kind of sound signature to expect.

I tried a demo model of the Hunter back at Canjam, and this is basically largely the same.
I did post feedback at that time on here.
It's an interesting sound signature that's quite unique compared to what I've heard in any other IEM's.
At first, nothing really stands out, so you might be fooled into thinking they're nothing special.
But then you start to realise the detail, clarity, soundstage etc. It becomes apparent that they're just very transparent and natural, quite a beautiful tone and smooth without sacrificing detail.
These prototypes seem slightly treble sharp (and I am sensitive to that), but I think the tuning has been modified for the final products, and I don't have the new filters which I believe were in part designed to balance this out.

Based on what I've heard, I don't think people are going to be disappointed.
Anyway, that's my thoughts, all the best
regular_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #14,350 of 24,683

These prototypes seem slightly treble sharp (and I am sensitive to that), but I think the tuning has been modified for the final products, and I don't have the new filters which I believe were in part designed to balance this out.

Yikes, seems to be a bit of a recurrent theme with their IEMs, huh? I hope they wrinkle out that kink for everyone. 

I think I'm less treble sensitive than most people are, so it probably wouldn't bother me much either way - although I'm not getting a Hunter, sadly, so it is moot anyway. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #14,351 of 24,683

Yikes, seems to be a bit of a recurrent theme with their IEMs, huh? I hope they wrinkle out that kink for everyone. 

I think I'm less treble sensitive than most people are, so it probably wouldn't bother me much either way - although I'm not getting a Hunter, sadly, so it is moot anyway. 
biggrin.gif

I must emphasise the word 'slightly' here lol.
*and* factor in that I am autistic and definitely unusually sensitive to treble (and other random kinds of sound).

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #14,352 of 24,683

Just to be clear, I have a prototype demo of the Hunter, on loan for a short while only and am still awaiting my ordered IEM's (PM6) like everyone else.
The tuning is not quite right, the filter screw hole on one side is bigger than the other, the cable is not the final 8 braid cable.
It only has gunmetal filters, no others, none of the new ones, and due to the assymetrical 'work in progress' bodies, I can't use the filters from my PM4 or new Vyrus II in it.

There were multiple reports of filters not fitting correctly on the PM4 and it sounds to me like the same issue. 
I mean it's nice they provided  a demo unit but if it's a dud and came with only one set of filters then what's the point?
Have you contacted to ask for a different unit then?

A few years a go l demoed a new set of IEM, they didn't sound right. I contacted the company before posting anything and got a replacement within a week. Apparently one of the BA drivers wasn't working properly.   

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #14,353 of 24,683

There were multiple reports of filters not fitting correctly on the PM4 and it sounds to me like the same issue.

It's not that they don't fit correctly. I think they were experimenting with different filter sizes, so on one of the earpieces, the filter will screw and unscrew just fine, but the hole is bigger than the other side; hence I can't screw in any different filters.
It's just due to it being a prototype rather than any reflection on final build quality.
I don't think anyone who's received the new Vyrus II or Master has had any issues with screw threads? Pretty sure Trinity have sorted that issue for good
regular_smile .gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #14,354 of 24,683
Well, with the proviso that any mass produced product can have the occasional QC issue. As long as it's just a few isolated incidents, should be fine lol

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #14,355 of 24,683
  It's not that they don't fit correctly. I think they were experimenting with different filter sizes, so on one of the earpieces, the filter will screw and unscrew just fine, but the hole is bigger than the other side; hence I can't screw in any different filters.
It's just due to it being a prototype rather than any reflection on final build quality.
I don't think anyone who's received the new Vyrus II or Master has had any issues with screw threads? Pretty sure Trinity have sorted that issue for good
regular_smile%20.gif

The issue l'm referring to is mostly on the PM4. No idea about the Master or Vyrus II though since there are only a few brief impression. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back