TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 7, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #13,742 of 24,683
  I just noticed the Trinity logo looks extremely similar to the Reebok one. HUH.

Funnily enough, this was brought up before WAY back during the launch of Trinity Audio lol
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #13,743 of 24,683

To be fair to Trinity, I would estimate that only a fraction of one percent of people would want the balanced cable. This seems like a terrible waste to send to all purchasers just to put in the bin. I'm sure if you want a balanced cable you could get one from Amazon for a few dollars, although knowing Trinity customer service they will likely just take the hit and send you one anyway.

Actually, living in Italy, these little cables and adaptors and things are a great deal more than they are for folks in the USA. Also, importing anywhere from outside the EU (that means, among many other places, the USA and China), we end up paying duties, taxes, and customs fees. My point is that they should simply honor their promises made at the time of purchase. Clearly, several other people on these forums also ordered with the expectation of receiving the balanced cables. Since they are targeting an audiophile audience, I think balanced connection is interesting to a higher proportion than if these were typical mass targeted retail earphones. Anyway, the terse response I got to my inquiry about this does not say good things to me about their customer service. I have given them another chance to make it right and, as in the first, give them the option to simply refund me if they do not wish to honor their product description. I would rather actually get the earphones, WITH the balanced cable included, but if they cannot see to be fair about that, than they could at least do the next best and refund my money. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #13,744 of 24,683
  Actually, living in Italy, these little cables and adaptors and things are a great deal more than they are for folks in the USA. Also, importing anywhere from outside the EU (that means, among many other places, the USA and China), we end up paying duties, taxes, and customs fees. My point is that they should simply honor their promises made at the time of purchase. Clearly, several other people on these forums also ordered with the expectation of receiving the balanced cables. Since they are targeting an audiophile audience, I think balanced connection is interesting to a higher proportion than if these were typical mass targeted retail earphones. Anyway, the terse response I got to my inquiry about this does not say good things to me about their customer service. I have given them another chance to make it right and, as in the first, give them the option to simply refund me if they do not wish to honor their product description. I would rather actually get the earphones, WITH the balanced cable included, but if they cannot see to be fair about that, than they could at least do the next best and refund my money. 

See post 13731, back one page. It's being taken care of. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #13,747 of 24,683
A week ago I actually ordered the Icarus iii when I saw a special coupon for a good discount. One of the main reasons I decided to bite was the 2.5mm balanced cable which was to be included in addition to the 3.5mm unbalanced. When I saw folks here commenting that they had received phones without the balanced cables and that the website had been changed, I checked the Icarus iii order page and saw that it too had been changed. I was very sure I had see the description showing the two cables included and, in fact, just found a cached copy of that page showing this. When I wrote to enquire what was up I got a terse answer of "It was specified the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable." from "Jake"

This is my reply. I am sorry if some people think this is just a minor issue, and maybe the deal is still overall very good, but for ME, with a new Onkyo dp-x1a that I like to use balanced, those 2.5mm INCLUDED cables are a big deal. Sounds like the same for a few other folks here. Maybe Trinity have a good rep overall here, my only order from them in the past was for Pono balanced cables and they were fine, but I really don't like this way of doing business. I hope that someone there can make this right. Changing the specs of an item between when it is ordered and when it is shipped just does not seem kosher to me.

my first email of enquiry:

[COLOR=500050]I recently ordered the Icarus iii from you with a special discount code. One of the big selling points to me was that it was clearly described as coming with both 3.5mm unbalanced and 2.5mm balanced cables. I mean to use these in balanced mode with my onkyo dp-x1a. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Now I am reading on the head-fi forums that people are getting their earphones WITHOUT the promised balanced cable and checked and saw that the descriptions on the website have been changed AFTER THE FACT.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]What is up with this? If I must separately buy another cable or have an adapter made, that is an extra expense I really do not care to make. I do not understand also when you are actually shipping these, either. I was looking forward to trying these interesting earphones,  but if you cannot honor your DESCRIPTION AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER to include both balanced and unbalanced cables, I would prefer a refund. I think you will find that other audiophiles are also perturbed by this move and it is not giving you good PR, for sure.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Please advise what you plan to do about this.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=500050]Thanks, [/COLOR]

to which the response was:

It was specified the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable.

Regards

JAKE

my response to Jake:

[COLOR=222222]Hello Jake,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I do not know where this was specified.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]here is the cached copy of the product order page from a few days ago when I made the order.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8nkI-gfIj8oJ:https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/products/copy-of-icarus-iii+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=it[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I say again, please either say you will honor this description, as it was when I made the order, or refund my payment.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Either way, I will be checking in at head-fi about this.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I thought your company had a good rep re the audiophile community, but changing the specs of a product after an order is made and then blaming the customer, as you seem to try and do by saying "It was specified that the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable." is not a way to build that reputation.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]wow![/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I hope you can do better than that.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]regards,[/COLOR]

I'm glad you've got a cached copy of the website. It really clears it up, nowhere in the description does it say the balanced cable is an additional purpose. I was driving myself crazy

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #13,752 of 24,683
I belatedly saw your previous post on the subject, and i'm glad to hear it.

Might I inquire why the product description was changed unaddressed? It seems somewhat unnecessary, if we're all going to get the cable anyways.

I believe it was all due to that when they updated the site it was removed and it was never intended to not be included. Bob can confirm but that is what I think happened. :wink:

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #13,753 of 24,683
I believe it was all due to that when they updated the site it was removed and it was never intended to not be included. Bob can confirm but that is what I think happened.
wink.gif

The other possibility is that orders from here on out don't get the balanced cable. I can see that being a change in direction, but they're doing the right thing to honor all pre-orders before that get the balanced cable. It's only fair after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back