TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #13,771 of 24,683
  A week ago I actually ordered the Icarus iii when I saw a special coupon for a good discount. One of the main reasons I decided to bite was the 2.5mm balanced cable which was to be included in addition to the 3.5mm unbalanced. When I saw folks here commenting that they had received phones without the balanced cables and that the website had been changed, I checked the Icarus iii order page and saw that it too had been changed. I was very sure I had see the description showing the two cables included and, in fact, just found a cached copy of that page showing this. When I wrote to enquire what was up I got a terse answer of "It was specified the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable." from "Jake"

This is my reply. I am sorry if some people think this is just a minor issue, and maybe the deal is still overall very good, but for ME, with a new Onkyo dp-x1a that I like to use balanced, those 2.5mm INCLUDED cables are a big deal. Sounds like the same for a few other folks here. Maybe Trinity have a good rep overall here, my only order from them in the past was for Pono balanced cables and they were fine, but I really don't like this way of doing business. I hope that someone there can make this right. Changing the specs of an item between when it is ordered and when it is shipped just does not seem kosher to me.

my first email of enquiry:

I recently ordered the Icarus iii from you with a special discount code. One of the big selling points to me was that it was clearly described as coming with both 3.5mm unbalanced and 2.5mm balanced cables. I mean to use these in balanced mode with my onkyo dp-x1a. 
Now I am reading on the head-fi forums that people are getting their earphones WITHOUT the promised balanced cable and checked and saw that the descriptions on the website have been changed AFTER THE FACT.
What is up with this? If I must separately buy another cable or have an adapter made, that is an extra expense I really do not care to make. I do not understand also when you are actually shipping these, either. I was looking forward to trying these interesting earphones,  but if you cannot honor your DESCRIPTION AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER to include both balanced and unbalanced cables, I would prefer a refund. I think you will find that other audiophiles are also perturbed by this move and it is not giving you good PR, for sure.
Please advise what you plan to do about this.
Thanks, 

to which the response was:

It was specified the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable.

Regards

JAKE

my response to Jake:

Hello Jake,

I do not know where this was specified.

here is the cached copy of the product order page from a few days ago when I made the order.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8nkI-gfIj8oJ:https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/products/copy-of-icarus-iii+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=it

I say again, please either say you will honor this description, as it was when I made the order, or refund my payment.

Either way, I will be checking in at head-fi about this.

I thought your company had a good rep re the audiophile community, but changing the specs of a product after an order is made and then blaming the customer, as you seem to try and do by saying "It was specified that the customer would have to make an order for the balanced cable." is not a way to build that reputation.

wow!

I hope you can do better than that.

regards,

I'm in total agreement. I listen with balanced from Opus1 and ordered the master and IcarusIII because of that option and the great pricing. I don't see anywhere to order the Promised adapter on the trinity site. I have four orders i'm waiting on.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #13,772 of 24,683
Awww just kidding. There are new filters and I would also like to know what they will do. Sometimes I don't trust my ears or visa versa. A guide is always nice. Bob did say he will update the site. Again we have to be patient. At least you have the IEM's now and can decide what you like and later when the guide for the filters is posted you can either decide you don't care and go with what you like or follow what the guide says and change what you thought you liked.
biggrin.gif

I know what you mean... Sometimes you notice things more when it's pointed out. So you could have an opinion on a filter, and change it when someone tells you what it's actually doing. I'm enjoying the Silver's at the moment on the Vyrus 2, which technically I shouldn't as I'm not really into a lot of bass! They sound great at the moment though!

I'm really looking forward to trying the masters though. Hoping they'll be delivered next week sometime. It'll be interesting to see the difference in the exact same songs.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #13,773 of 24,683
Awww just kidding. There are new filters and I would also like to know what they will do. Sometimes I don't trust my ears or visa versa. A guide is always nice. Bob did say he will update the site. Again we have to be patient. At least you have the IEM's now and can decide what you like and later when the guide for the filters is posted you can either decide you don't care and go with what you like or follow what the guide says and change what you thought you liked. :D

Im the same by the time i have swapped a filter im thinking am i imaginging more bass , smoorher treble ...like to have a guide , good starting reference point .

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #13,774 of 24,683
I know what you mean... Sometimes you notice things more when it's pointed out. So you could have an opinion on a filter, and change it when someone tells you what it's actually doing. I'm enjoying the Silver's at the moment on the Vyrus 2, which technically I shouldn't as I'm not really into a lot of bass! They sound great at the moment though!

I'm really looking forward to trying the masters though. Hoping they'll be delivered next week sometime. It'll be interesting to see the difference in the exact same songs. :ksc75smile:

Yes. Bob also promised there will be frequency graphs. I am still waiting for them as I like to keep that for all my IEM's as a reference. :D

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #13,775 of 24,683
Also.. No offence to the Trinity team.. the face plates on the Master aren't really my style. I'm not a fan of the blue, red or carbon look. Thinking of spraying a pair of the faceplates matte black, and adding a Trinity logo
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #13,778 of 24,683
Thats a good idea! custom your own :grin: ....i actually do like the black though .

The black is the nicest out of them.... but I do like matte black! making the logo small enough might be tricky to do well. I have a craft cutting machine that I might be able to use. You can draw something in illustrator and cut out a design on adhesive vinyl. Might work for this.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #13,780 of 24,683
The black is the nicest out of them.... but I do like matte black! making the logo small enough might be tricky to do well. I have a craft cutting machine that I might be able to use. You can draw something in illustrator and cut out a design on adhesive vinyl. Might work for this.

Go for it! ...i got an idea which il try on the blue ... .black background with a white just pencil line image! im rubbish at art but someone close to me draws tattoos so il send you a pic if it works out.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #13,781 of 24,683
Go for it! ...i got an idea which il try on the blue ... .black background with a white just pencil line image! im rubbish at art but someone close to me draws tattoos so il send you a pic if it works out.

That actually sounds REALLY nice! I'd love to see the finished version! I was thinking of Matte black with a dark grey logo... I have a bit of a dark knight fetish!
k701smile.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #13,782 of 24,683
sounds like bob needs to make blank master/icarus face plates available for customization.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #13,784 of 24,683
  Or start a poll for different colors then make a few new plates in colors the community picks.

or that as well.  i also want custom laser engraving available!

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #13,785 of 24,683
Right and you've never done that before?  Please we've all done it and not been attacked.  Besides there's obviously still at disconnect with the internal communications with trinity when their main POC is giving out misinformation.  Which I'm sure Bob will address once this wave of shipments is complete and they can get some time to reflect on what went right and wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back