TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 17, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #11,926 of 24,683
  Well lets assume one email notification takes 2 minutes to send as they obviously do not have any automated system:

2 minutes * 5,000 units = 10,000 minutes = 166,67 manhours = nearly 21 workdays for one worker. I kind of get that in this situation they are preferring to send the items itself and not the email notifications.

Bob himself said here people should expect the shipping notifications within a day or two and that was what, 3 weeks ago?  

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #11,927 of 24,683
  Well lets assume one email notification takes 2 minutes to send as they obviously do not have any automated system:

2 minutes * 5,000 items = 10,000 minutes = 166,67 manhours = nearly 21 workdays for one worker. I kind of get that in this situation they are preferring to send the items itself and not the email notifications.

So they sent the item.

Why anyone hasn't received?
I mean come on we all know majority of Trinity customers are Head-fiers.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #11,929 of 24,683

Bob himself said here people should expect the shipping notifications within a day or two and that was what, 3 weeks ago?  

Yes, he did. And even if he would start sending the notification on that day he would not be done for another week now.

I see it like this: They have taken much bigger bite than they can chew with all the shipping done simultaneously. That was a big mistake. Now they are trying their best to fulfil the deadline they have set and make everyone happy. When there was demand for email notification, Bob (bona fides) said he will send them - but after that he realized the impossibility of that task. Could he send notification only to Head-Fi members to calm the waters? Well, he does not know us by real names and even if he would, I would not do that being on his place because there is no business reason to prioritize us before the other customers.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #11,931 of 24,683

I noticed that as well, and mentioned it last week that l think they made a mistake since it look like the Master. Was about to place an order for the Icarus III but then new photos were uploaded, it looked identical to the Master and not enough info. I don't like the "design and specifications are subject to change". I'm the kind of customer who wants to know what l am getting myself into before l purchase. 

FWIW, I think the it would've been fine to get the Icarus III if you're well aware of the wait time. The Icarus pics are definitely different from the Master. Notably, the small nub towards the bottom of the teardrop shape of the Icarus that houses one of the 3 Torx screws.

I just want to know when a Bluetooth cable will be available...

I wouldn't hold my breath. Haven't gotten an IEM yet, let alone the accessories.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #11,932 of 24,683
  Yes, he did. And even if he would start sending the notification on that day he would not be done for another week now.

I see it like this: They have taken much bigger bite than they can chew with all the shipping done simultaneously. That was a big mistake. Now they are trying their best to fulfil the deadline they have set and make everyone happy. When there was demand for email notification, Bob (bona fides) said he will send them - but after that he realized the impossibility of that task. Could he send notification only to Head-Fi members to calm the waters? Well, he does not know us by real names and even if he would, I would not do that being on his place because there is no business reason to prioritize us before the other customers.

Well,  they could just send an email to all customers saying shipping will be completed by Mar 25 and no shipping notification will be provided. Listen, people here are not asking for too much, they just want to know what's up with their orders and rightfully so. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #11,934 of 24,683

2 minutes * 5,000 items = 10,000 minutes = 166,67 manhours = nearly 21 workdays for one worker. I kind of get that in this situation they are preferring to send the items itself and not the email notifications.

They obviously have and use automated mailing system.

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #11,935 of 24,683
Well for cables being standard it actually can work on any two pin iems, on nobles for example which I also bought, haven't got ano idea whether it actually work on it though scince everything is in post at this point

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #11,936 of 24,683

I understand you are trying to tell people everything is alright because maybe Bob himself is in troubles to get all of the things sorted but. What we need is, not the IEMs in hands right away. We need solid information of what's happening. If something is wrong we need to know it rightfully because we along with Trinity have invested in it.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #11,937 of 24,683
They obviously have and use automated mailing system.

Nobody knows apart from Trinity Audio. However, I would have thought that you get a shipping notification only if you've paid extra for tracking. 1096 are for KickStarter and I don't think they would get one. I never did for the Atlas. For me that's fine. I'd rather they just pack & ship for this particular time & only send an email for paid tracking.

What might be helpful is to get a short update/clarification as to how the shipping priority is being handled so everyone understands and has their expectations set. It does seem a little odd that nobody yet appears to have received their IEMs either here or on KickStarter. There's probably a very good reason for it and that's why a short update would be appreciated if only to stop the annoying conspiracy theories and frustrations boiling over here on the forum & Kickstarter. It's not a life & death situation :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #11,938 of 24,683
Nobody knows apart from Trinity Audio. However, I would have thought that you get a shipping notification only if you've paid extra for tracking. 1096 are for KickStarter and I don't think they would get one. I never did for the Atlas. For me that's fine. I'd rather they just pack & ship for this particular time & only send an email for paid tracking.

What might be helpful is to get a short update/clarification as to how the shipping priority is being handled so everyone understands and has their expectations set. It does seem a little odd that nobody yet appears to have received their IEMs either here or on KickStarter. There's probably a very good reason for it and that's why a short update would be appreciated if only to stop the annoying conspiracy theories and frustrations boiling over here on the forum & Kickstarter. It's not a life & death situation
smily_headphones1.gif

Shipping on KS campaign is kinda hazy to me honestly. I got a tracking number from them in their original run, but I think I only got one from asking. And I didn't get one from Flare when I backed their campaign so I really dunno how the KS shipping works. If you ordered from their site directly, I definitely think you should get a shipping notification though.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #11,939 of 24,683

What might be helpful is to get a short update/clarification as to how the shipping priority is being handled so everyone understands and has their expectations set. It does seem a little odd that nobody yet appears to have received their IEMs either here or on KickStarter. There's probably a very good reason for it and that's why a short update would be appreciated if only to stop the annoying conspiracy theories and frustrations boiling over here on the forum & Kickstarter. It's not a life & death situation :)

It's obvious if you ever received the mail. They use soundest that is automated system for business.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #11,940 of 24,683

What might be helpful is to get a short update/clarification as to how the shipping priority is being handled so everyone understands and has their expectations set. It does seem a little odd that nobody yet appears to have received their IEMs either here or on KickStarter. There's probably a very good reason for it and that's why a short update would be appreciated if only to stop the annoying conspiracy theories and frustrations boiling over here on the forum & Kickstarter. It's not a life & death situation
smily_headphones1.gif

FWIW someone posted yesterday that he contacted Trinity and was told they ship them in order they came in. It's a KS order, and the order number was below 5. He hasn't received anything I don't think there is a reason for him to come here and BS us all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back