TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 10, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #11,404 of 24,683
Does anyone know the difference between the Master and the Icarus III?

Check the threads and video, but I think Bob summed it up as emotional (Icarus) vs more analytical (Master).

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #11,405 of 24,683
  "Icarus III - Inside your will find our 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer combined with our series 2 wideband balanced armature."

Does anyone know what dual coil electroacoustic transducer means? Is it another name of dynamic driver?

Its a big-ass dynamic driver 
basshead.gif

EDIT: I think all the previous Trinity DDs have been in the 7mm-8mm size range

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #11,411 of 24,683
If you have ordered also the hunter or the Master6, my understabding from Bob is that the Master is similar to those so the icarus could be more interesting as alternative 
This is why I dropped the master for the sagaris

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #11,413 of 24,683
  Serious question - will the Icarus III require an amp?

Not a requirement, but it is said (about the Delta v2's as well) that a little amping can make em shine a bit more.

Now I'm really curious to see what the Icarus III sounds like, but I already ordered the master. I can't decide if I want to buy the Icarus while it's discounted...

Had the same issue, and decided to buy it now its discounted again. I'll do a comparison with when I have them both: let's see what my noob-ears will 'see'
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #11,414 of 24,683
Yeah I pre-ordered the master and almost decided to switch. I generally prefer a more "emotional" IEM, but IDK if switching is worth the hassle. I'm sure the Master will be able to produce the sound I want, given all the tuning filters.

I just wonder why the Icarus is more expensive (without the discounts) I would have thought the Master was more of the flagship in this tier.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #11,415 of 24,683
Are the cables detachable on the Icarus III? I can't tell what they mean by 'modular'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back