TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 10, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #11,416 of 24,683
The new "cable system" is in use with the Icarus. The cables are attached to the IEM shells and break away at the Y split instead. Shure used to have this design (do they still?) Only time will tell if this is better. I'm also very nervous about the fabric sheaths. Not a fan of this, historically. Easily damaged.

Has anyone received a Trinity IEM offering with this system, to comment?

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #11,418 of 24,683
  Yeah I pre-ordered the master and almost decided to switch. I generally prefer a more "emotional" IEM, but IDK if switching is worth the hassle. I'm sure the Master will be able to produce the sound I want, given all the tuning filters.

I just wonder why the Icarus is more expensive (without the discounts) I would have thought the Master was more of the flagship in this tier.

Here's an idea: Get both. :D 

Some of us wrote to Jake and he arranged the switch between the Master and Icarus without much hassle.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #11,419 of 24,683
  Wait so were the Master 6s more of an analytical or emotional? I prefer usually emotional ones, but have airs and master 6s on order. 

Master 6 is along the same line as the Master, so more analytical. The emotional would be the Icarus line (III and IV). According to what Bob said... If you have the PM6 on order, the master might not be your best bet as a secondary device, Icarus would be better suited

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #11,420 of 24,683
  The new "cable system" is in use with the Icarus. The cables are attached to the IEM shells and break away at the Y split instead. Shure used to have this design (do they still?) Only time will tell if this is better. I'm also very nervous about the fabric sheaths. Not a fan of this, historically. Easily damaged.

Has anyone received a Trinity IEM offering with this system, to comment?

Thanks for the info! I am a bit nervous too. I've had a few cheaper 'phones with fabric coverings on the cables. In both cases, they had lots of mircophonics and a pretty short lifespan before they start to unravel. Hopefully, the Trinity version turns out sturdier.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #11,421 of 24,683
  Master 6 is along the same line as the Master, so more analytical. The emotional would be the Icarus line (III and IV). According to what Bob said... If you have the PM6 on order, the master might not be your best bet as a secondary device, Icarus would be better suited

I have the PM6 on order (and own the PM4 already).
Generally speaking, I have no complaints about Trinity's products or service.
I think it would have been better to have been a bit more accurate on the recent shipping updates, but I appreciate what a tough timescale (and a tough audience!) they are working to
tongue_smile.gif

The only thing I'm experiencing a twinge of disappointment/trepidation about is that back when I pre-ordered the PM6, the PM4 was in the pipeline and the Hunter too. In terms of their mid to upper range, that was it.

Now, as the delivery date approaches for the PM6, the Master AND the Icarus are both due to be released around the same time.
I'm sure a lot of R&D has gone into them (the Icarus especially, since it represents something of a new direction for the Trinity sound).

I'm wondering whether the PM6 will lag behind the Icarus in terms of the "3D imaging and instrument placement like never before with a more organic lifelike audio reproduction" described in the Icarus page on their website, due to Trinity's technology having progressed further since the development of the PM6?

I know Bob has said the PM6/Hunter should be better in all regards, but I do wonder..

I hope the PM6 will indeed outshine both the Master and Icarus, since I purchased what was one of their TOTL IEM's at the time (well, just behind the Hunter, but I actually felt I'd prefer the sound signature of the PM6 based on the driver configuration, and I also much prefered the appearence of the the PM6 to the Hunter, but that's just my subjective feeling of course).

Anyway, this is only a minor thing, let's not blow it out of proportion lol. Just my perfectionist, 'gotta catch em all' streak coming out
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #11,422 of 24,683
I have the PM6 on order (and own the PM4 already).
Generally speaking, I have no complaints about Trinity's products or service.
I think it would have been better to have been a bit more accurate on the recent shipping updates, but I appreciate what a tough timescale (and a tough audience!) they are working to :tongue_smile:

The only thing I'm experiencing a twinge of disappointment/trepidation about is that back when I pre-ordered the PM6, the PM4 was in the pipeline and the Hunter too. In terms of their mid to upper range, that was it.

Now, as the delivery date approaches for the PM6, the Master AND the Icarus are both due to be released around the same time.
I'm sure a lot of R&D has gone into them (the Icarus especially, since it represents something of a new direction for the Trinity sound).

I'm wondering whether the PM6 will lag behind the Icarus in terms of the "3D imaging and instrument placement like never before with a more organic lifelike audio reproduction" described in the Icarus page on their website, due to Trinity's technology having progressed further since the development of the PM6?

I know Bob has said the PM6/Hunter should be better in all regards, but I do wonder..

I hope the PM6 will indeed outshine both the Master and Icarus, since I purchased what was one of their TOTL IEM's at the time (well, just behind the Hunter, but I actually felt I'd prefer the sound signature of the PM6 based on the driver configuration, and I also much prefered the appearence of the the PM6 to the Hunter, but that's just my subjective feeling of course).

Anyway, this is only a minor thing, let's not blow it out of proportion lol. Just my perfectionist, 'gotta catch em all' streak coming out :D

The Icarus is a lower model, cheaper for a reason, and not as technically superior to the Master 6. Yes it's a different sound but catered to a different audience. When describing IEM's and it's stated they are "emotional" or "organic" that is describing less detail and smoother rolled off. It was never stated to be better than the Hunter which is the TOTL and the Master 6 is second in TOTL. You wont be missing out on anything.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #11,426 of 24,683
Don't break our abusive dreams with logic. :wink:

Sorry. But really it seems the wave of the future is planar magnetic IEM's and driver material not how many drivers anymore. :wink: When I started I thought more was ALWAYS better, but after listening to my ears and not members or hype Iv'e come to find it's true. You have have a 10 driver IEM be blown away by a high quality well designed and implemented and tuned single driver. I.E. Trinity Atlas, a dual driver vs an older design Final Audio Heaven III. Can't compare. The FAH III cost less and is miles away ahead of the newer Atlas. It goes to show you even the latest and more costing is not always better too.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #11,428 of 24,683
Sorry. But really it seems the wave of the future is planar magnetic IEM's and driver material not how many drivers anymore.
wink.gif

Planar magnetic is the future from what I can see, but not one I can yet afford
tongue.gif
. Hybrids are still also very much in the fold as I've seen oBravo pushing out dynamic/planar hybrid IEMs which look like an interesting proposition.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #11,429 of 24,683
  Planar magnetic is the future from what I can see, but not one I can yet afford
tongue.gif
. Hybrids are still also very much in the fold as I've seen oBravo pushing out dynamic/planar hybrid IEMs which look like an interesting proposition.

Audeze iSine10 can be had for $350. If you can afford the Hunter, there shouldn't be any issue.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #11,430 of 24,683
Planar magnetic is the future from what I can see, but not one I can yet afford :p . Hybrids are still also very much in the fold as I've seen oBravo pushing out dynamic/planar hybrid IEMs which look like an interesting proposition.

True. It's all still just emerging. Over time prices will come down. Audeze is a planar IEM and costs less than many multi-driver IEM's. :wink: Audeze isine 20 is $540.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back