TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 9, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #11,372 of 24,683
I'm going to restate what I've posted before somewhere regarding the Hunter and PM6 connector situation. This is my interpretation of the cable system though I believe it's correct based on what we've gathered from Bob's various posts. Take it as you will.

The pre-order Hunter and PM6 reportedly use a standard 2-pin aka recessed 2-pin aka Westone/JHAudio/64Audio/EmpireEars/etc. 2-pin aka 0.78mm 2-pin cable. This applies ONLY to the pre-order Hunter and PM6. Subsequent production runs of both IEMs will use their new attached cable system that you see in the Icarus III pics.

Anything you read regarding the "Trinity 2-pin" system is now an old reference that should be ignored. The "Trinity 2-pin" (implemented on Vyrus/Sabre/PM4) used 0.75mm pins with a small plastic nub used as a guiding "third pin".

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #11,373 of 24,683
  I'm going to restate what I've posted before somewhere regarding the Hunter and PM6 connector situation. This is my interpretation of the cable system though I believe it's correct based on what we've gathered from Bob's various posts. Take it as you will.

The pre-order Hunter and PM6 reportedly use a standard 2-pin aka recessed 2-pin aka Westone/JHAudio/64Audio/EmpireEars/etc. 2-pin aka 0.78mm 2-pin cable. This applies ONLY to the pre-order Hunter and PM6. Subsequent production runs of both IEMs will use their new attached cable system that you see in the Icarus III pics.

Anything you read regarding the "Trinity 2-pin" system is now an old reference that should be ignored. The "Trinity 2-pin" (implemented on Vyrus/Sabre/PM4) used 0.75mm pins with a small plastic nub used as a guiding "third pin".

Thanks for the clarification. Just sent an email to jake@Trinity asking whether the silver cable that I ordered will work on the PM6 (he told before it will).

AND,

Bob just replied back saying it will work fine.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #11,374 of 24,683
  Yeah, my guess is that it's a Torx head mini screwdriver. I have one already cuz I have one of those mini multi-bit toolsets..., 

How do you like the multi-bit toolset?  Do you find it an improvement over delta-sigma?  
biggrin.gif

Some people claim the Pentalobe gets more Air, and the Polydrive sounds more rounded?

TTGuy
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #11,376 of 24,683
Isn't it the pm6 comes with "Single crystal OFC silver plated cables"?
If it's a balanced cable, then can it be modified to 2.5mm jack?

I don't think its a balanced cable. If it was, modifying wouldn't be difficult.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #11,377 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity, Not until the 24/5???

OMG, fine.

Trinity, lay off the midnight oil, or at least lower the dosage lol

I'm getting my earphones from a bunch of midnight oil burners...  Fine.  As long as the hunter isn't a pm4, I'm ok with that.

As long as you guys put on your astro and go to wonderland with Alice every once in a while, I think I would be ok with that.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #11,378 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity
, Not until the 24/5???

OMG, fine.

I'm getting my earphones from a bunch of midnight oil burners...  Fine.  As long as the hunter isn't a pm4, I'm ok with that.

As long as you guys put on your astro and go to wonderland with Alice every once in a while, I think I would be ok with that.

I'm not sure I understood anything from this post. :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #11,380 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity
, Not until the 24/5???

OMG, fine.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #11,381 of 24,683
  @Bobtrinity, Not until the 24/5???

OMG, fine.

You went to visit the Caterpillar I see.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #11,384 of 24,683

That really makes sense, thanks:) It's a bit sad the cable of Sabre will be discontinued. I have no idea if there's a cable which can be used as replacement.

The countdown at Master's page disappeared btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back