TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #10,501 of 24,683
Sabrefinalsale I believe. But the Sabre is sold out now, I couldn't add it to cart anymore a couple of days ago. Only after Bob update the website with more pictures of the Master and inply the real-time market things, that the glitch allowing Sabre to be added to your cart appears.
TL;DR: it's probably a glitch, you shouldn't try as your order will be canceled anyway, save you and Bob's time.

No worries, my goal was not to try anything fishy. But if there are some that are still up for grabs (Cancelled orders, carts expiring, denied cards and whatnot), I wanna have the chance of grabbing a pair. 

If I can't, I still have the PM6 to fall back on. :wink: 

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #10,503 of 24,683
Sabrefinalsale I believe. But the Sabre is sold out now, I couldn't add it to cart anymore a couple of days ago. Only after Bob update the website with more pictures of the Master and inply the real-time market things, that the glitch allowing Sabre to be added to your cart appears.
TL;DR: it's probably a glitch, you shouldn't try as your order will be canceled anyway, save you and Bob's time.

I have a question about fitting of the Sabre.
So I use the smallest silicon tips in the package; and I'm able to get a snug fit on the Right ear. The Left ear ,however, experience heavy driver flex whenever I yawn or try to push the earpiece further inside (things that don't similarly happen on the Right ear).

I suspect that because my Left ear's canal is slightly smaller than the Right one. But I have no smaller silicon eartips the test this out.

I tried all the eartips included, even with long filter, and concluded that short filter and smallest eartips provide the most comfort, and most effortless insertion.

Anyone have experienced the same thing?

You are right that it is not working any more.  It worked a couple of days ago (Monday or Tuesday evening) even though Sabre was showing sold out then too.

As you said I could not add it my cart now.  Funny thing was that I still had one in my cart at the discounted price but when I clicked to go to the next step it showed that it is unavailable and it was removed from my cart.

Not trying to make unnecessary work for Bob or Jake having to process and then cancel.  But when someone noted that the new notification feature seemed to be showing people were still buying the Sabre, I thought it might be worthwhile explaining how it might be done.

beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #10,505 of 24,683
I understand what you mean about the markings now. Having a multi-pin system within a round sleeve doesn't make identifying direction to plug in as much of a breeze.

Maybe those missing markings contributed a bit to people damaging the connectors? Regardless, any time you have two connectors that need to be plugged into each other a very specific way by a consumer, external markings to help line it up are absolutely essential. An engineer would be able to handle it, but not the average consumer.
As @posnera noted above, have you tried the longer filters? Or do none of the filters give adequate isolation?

Thanks @posnera.
I haven't had time to try to find the longer filters nor to try them... Will report back here once I do, though.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #10,506 of 24,683
Is there anyone who made a custom cable for sabre (or pm4, i think they have same 2pin connectors) ?
i read a comment here that the connector is like on tf10 but i can't find a circle shaped on aliexpress.
can someone help me to find a cheap ones .

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #10,508 of 24,683
Out of interest does anyone know if trinity sell the pm4 two pin connectors, just in case I need a new cable in a couple of years time ? Nothing wrong with any of mine but just a thought I had. Might also be nice to get a balanced cable made.

Nick

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #10,509 of 24,683
have you used up all the cables that comes with it? :eek:

no i don't have the sabre in my hand yet ,i want to experiment with bluetooth cable
i know there is a trinity lanyard bluetooth cable (out of stock for now) but it is out of my budget and i want to try to make one from a cheap bluetooth cable i have .

I see that kz zst and zs3 cables have 0.75mm 2pin connectors like the trinity. maybe there is someone who have them and can try if the connectors works .
about the shape of connectors ,it is difficult to find circled shape like trinity but if the kz connectors are ok i ll try to mod them .

Feb 3, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #10,510 of 24,683
Is there anyone who made a custom cable for sabre (or pm4, i think they have same 2pin connectors) ?
i read a comment here that the connector is like on tf10 but i can't find a circle shaped on aliexpress.
can someone help me to find a cheap ones .

I used a UE style cable when making my first balanced cable, the cable connectors just sit flush with the iem connector they don't have to be circle shaped?

Check my posting history, a lot of them have been about trinity cables (I don't post a lot!).

Out of interest does anyone know if trinity sell the pm4 two pin connectors, just in case I need a new cable in a couple of years time ? Nothing wrong with any of mine but just a thought I had. Might also be nice to get a balanced cable made.

Nick

No they don't unfortunately but that doesn't mean you can't make a balanced cable.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #10,511 of 24,683

Nick

You should be able to get any 2 pin 0.75 mm 2-pin jack and it should work. Not sure where to get these locally but Lunashops sells some but I have no idea they are any good, alternatively you could get TF10 cables and salvage the connectors? i.e. https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Replacement-Ultimate-Earphones-RC-UE1/dp/B006DIFXTG should work.

Feb 4, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #10,514 of 24,683
I haven't had time to try to find the longer filters nor to try them... Will report back here once I do, though.

I found the longer filters. Much nicer... Thanks.

So, I tried those longer filters with 3 or 4 different ear tips and sizes (no spinfits in-hand yet). I haven't been able to find any combination that gives "enough" isolation to listen in a noisy restaurant. Heck my Klipsch X7i gives much better isolation than all tries I made with the Sabre.

I'm hoping that part of this is that I haven't been able to find the right "orientation" of the ear piece in my ear to actually get it to fit "right". Any pointers for how to "do" that "right"?

The IEMs I'm using now have a 3 flange ear tip. Any idea of a 3 flange ear tip that will fit the Sabre? OR, what is the outer diameter of the filter and/or what diameter is needed for the 3 flange opening? (wait a minute... I might have some 3 flanges I got on the bay... let's see if I can find them) TIA

Feb 4, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #10,515 of 24,683
any news on silver litz cables? It was supposed to be posted in january

Users who are viewing this thread

Back