TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 31, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #10,472 of 24,683
I am sure you will complain even more, if they shiped without the additional QC just to keep to the deadline and there were problems at the end. Bobtrinity posts regular updates, responds to most individual queries and concerns. The whole process has been transparent so far. So really not sure, which part of this is suspicious for you. Would you like them to keep on throwing in delivery dates and changing them at whim, OR rather provide a definitive date when they are sure of it? Would the former option seem less suspicious to you?

I am here because I will most likely receive a product that is couple of hundred dollars cheaper than similar quality IEMs elsewhere, and so I am ready to wait for it. If I was impatient, I could have always paid the extra money to get a readymade product elsewhere.

There are QC regardless on time or not

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #10,473 of 24,683
So... my final sale Sabres arrived and I unpacked them. I didn't know where to leave these few comments...

Unpacking:

Lots of accessories. But no clue what's what. Four cylinders of filters and one pair in the ear pieces. Ok, what's what? Unmarked cylinders... various color filters... and no clue what each is. A small bag with what looks like a pair of filters, but no idea what they are.

Lots of ear tips, visually different. But which is the spinfit? Pulling them out, you can tell 2or 3 flange and Comply-like material, but a printed index / description on the cardboard that they're in would be. A huge help.

Real documentation is needed!!! These are packaged for people familiar with Trinity products and not for a first time customer. Quite seriously, is there a link to docs that describe in detail what I just received?

The keyed two pin connector is clear but only when you're looking inside with a light. They really needed to be marked on the outside so they'd be easy to line up.

Listening

Quick listen with filters and tips as received... Bolling suite for flute and jazz piano, and Keith Jarret Köln Concert. Wonderful. Beautiful sound.

I wonder if I need any more Trinity IEMs?

Filters are explained on the website, they have a dedicated page for it. For this exact reason. You can't be expected to know what colors do what, doesn't matter if you're familiar with Trinity products or not.

Spinfits are marked as such. They don't come inside the box usually. Mine came wrapped in white paper in the shipping package, but outside of the IEM box. All tips that are inside the IEM box are what are considered stock Trinity-brand tips.

I think the connectors do actually have L/R markings. But they're in like a silk-screen white or something so they're basically useless and almost invisible if you don't look closely on the aluminum connector sleeve. Definitely a flaw in labeling.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #10,474 of 24,683
There are QC regardless on time or not

But you wait longer with the expectation of a lower chance of having a QC issue. That's the whole point. The realistic view is that every product will have QC issue stem from somewhere no matter how checked they are. But it's about the ratio of how many slip through the QC cracks. 20/500 units or 70/500 units? The numbers are important here.

It's ridiculous to expect zero QC issues with a mass-produced product, but equally ridiculous to think extra checks won't result in better QC. Now if after a product is delayed to strengthen QC and it comes out just as unreliable, then there's justifiable reason to be upset, but until then, I see no reason not to give the benefit of the doubt regarding delays for QC. Cautious optimism is the key.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #10,475 of 24,683
Jan 31, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #10,477 of 24,683
So from what I gather from posts, I missed some crazy super hot liquidation of Phantom Sabres? Or are they still available at insane crazy super hot low prices? :wink:

Sadly they're all sold out...

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #10,479 of 24,683
  Is there a trick to getting the damn Kombi tips onto the PM4 filters? 'Cos I have burst one already and my fingers are sore :)

There is:

You want to squeeze the distal end of the eartip's silicone to slightly flay open the lips.

Of course keep on the foam...  I was just showing you without the foam to better illustrate it at first.

Then of course, take your time and finesse it on, but that should help.  Worked very well on the Vyruses and they have the same filter size.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #10,481 of 24,683
Anyone have recommendations for foam eartips for the Master 4? Of all the tips that came with the PM4, I like the foam tips the most, since they gave the best seal and isolation. Unfortunately, they have torn, so I'm looking for a replacement. I heard good things about Comply, but they are a bit pricey. Anyone have luck with any foam ear tips that I can purchase from Amazon?

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #10,482 of 24,683
Anyone have recommendations for foam eartips for the Master 4? Of all the tips that came with the PM4, I like the foam tips the most, since they gave the best seal and isolation. Unfortunately, they have torn, so I'm looking for a replacement. I heard good things about Comply, but they are a bit pricey. Anyone have luck with any foam ear tips that I can purchase from Amazon?

I don't know what the PM4 size is but these are very inexpensive and just as good as Comply. Have an inner core and are well made. > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BHD9A0Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Avoid anything from Mokoo; ie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GZMFNK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are good too. Little more stiff but last longer.> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015K3TXZ4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #10,484 of 24,683

Trinity replacement foams should be back in stock soon. Should you be located in Europe, I could send you a replacement pair (brand new, obviously), provided that you pay for shipping (beforehand, I've already been had in the recent past).

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #10,485 of 24,683

My experience with complys was that they tear quicker than most OEM foam tips, but they're the most comfortable.
Have you tried mandarin foam tips? They're both durable and comfortable, but a bit tricky to wear every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back