TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 1, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #10,486 of 24,683
Trinity replacement foams should be back in stock soon. Should you be located in Europe, I could send you a replacement pair (brand new, obviously), provided that you pay for shipping (beforehand, I've already been had in the recent past).

I'm in the states, but thanks for the offer!

I don't know what the PM4 size is but these are very inexpensive and just as good as Comply. Have an inner core and are well made. > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BHD9A0Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Avoid anything from Mokoo; ie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GZMFNK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are good too. Little more stiff but last longer.> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015K3TXZ4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, I'll give these a try!

Does anyone know the sizing for the PM4 nozzle?

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #10,487 of 24,683
  Anyone have recommendations for foam eartips for the Master 4? Of all the tips that came with the PM4, I like the foam tips the most, since they gave the best seal and isolation. Unfortunately, they have torn, so I'm looking for a replacement. I heard good things about Comply, but they are a bit pricey. Anyone have luck with any foam ear tips that I can purchase from Amazon?

Or if you are feeling a bit brave:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Noise-Isolating-Earbud-Tips/

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #10,488 of 24,683
Feb 2, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #10,490 of 24,683
Filters are explained on the website, they have a dedicated page for it. For this exact reason. You can't be expected to know what colors do what, doesn't matter if you're familiar with Trinity products or not.

Yep, but... a consumer buying the product expects and should find instructions on how to use the product within the product's box. There's a card inside -- it should just be expanded a bit to include something about the filters there instead of expecting a consumer to have to go online to find it all out. A fairly basic consumer-level product design / packaging need.

Spinfits are marked as such. They don't come inside the box usually. Mine came wrapped in white paper in the shipping package, but outside of the IEM box. All tips that are inside the IEM box are what are considered stock Trinity-brand tips.

I did find a little bit of paper in the shipping box, but it had nothing in it. Jake says he'll take care of getting the Spinfits to me.

Speaking of which... with the filters and tips that the Sabres came with, they don't seem to give much isolation; to me, they don't fit "deeply enough" into my ear to fully cover the canal. Is there a "solution" to try? Or, will there be longer filters to find?

I think the connectors do actually have L/R markings. But they're in like a silk-screen white or something so they're basically useless and almost invisible if you don't look closely on the aluminum connector sleeve. Definitely a flaw in labeling.

The markings of which I spoke would be something to use to line-up the cable's pins-and-key to the earpiece's.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #10,491 of 24,683
Got these funky tips recently: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC-XBA-N3-N1%E7%94%A8%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-M%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%BA-2%E3%83%9A%E3%82%A2-SONY-EP-TC50M/dp/B01M1D31EC/

The Japanese name translates to Comfort Earpiece for Sony XBA-N3, N1.

They're the new Sony hybrid silicon foam tips, except that the silicon foam is built into the core.

They're way more isolating than silicon tips but are put into the ears the same way, without the foam tip kneading.

Basically Sony hybrid sound with foam tip fit.

I don't think that they're available anywhere other than Japan as of now but do keep a look out.

Feb 2, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #10,492 of 24,683

There is:

You want to squeeze the distal end of the eartip's silicone to slightly flay open the lips.

Of course keep on the foam...  I was just showing you without the foam to better illustrate it at first.

Then of course, take your time and finesse it on, but that should help.  Worked very well on the Vyruses and they have the same filter size.

Thanks again for the guide but I have to say that it still took me 5-10 min to get one Kombi onto a PM4 filter without bursting it. There's no way that is the perfect fit! What a carry on. However, maybe I'm just useless.

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #10,495 of 24,683
Speaking of which... with the filters and tips that the Sabres came with, they don't seem to give much isolation; to me, they don't fit "deeply enough" into my ear to fully cover the canal. Is there a "solution" to try? Or, will there be longer filters to find?

There are longer filters in the silver tubes.  I found excellent isolation with the long filters and SpinFit tips.  Not sure if that will stay comfortable for longer use.
I've only fooled around with these for an hour or so, much work to do.

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #10,496 of 24,683
Just thought Id tell you all about something I tried with my pm4 last night... im pretty active online with battlefield 1 on ps4. I usually use my v moda cfw with boom pro mic, my ears got hot and I didnt need mic etc so plugged in my pm4s... gold filter. Any bf1 players here? Just go try... lol, bout to jump online and plug in my cayin c5 to my ps4 with bass boost on and maybe put silver filters in...

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #10,497 of 24,683

Probably a glitch. But if they have any others for sale, I'm all over that.

Not sure if this will work or if the order will get cancelled but even though Sabre says it is sold out, you can still add them to your cart.  Once you get to the payment page, if you put in the discount code, they get reduced to £45.  I did all that and then decided not to proceed after concluding I already have enough Trinity IEMs.

But it might be worth a try especially if, as someone said, the new sales notification feature is showing people are buying Sabres.  Just have to be prepared for Trinity to cancel your order and refund any payment if they truly are sold out.  Would have thought they would prevent you adding one to your cart if that is the case though.

Hopefully Bob won't kick my ***** for posting this.

beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #10,498 of 24,683
  Not sure if this will work or if the order will get cancelled but even though Sabre says it is sold out, you can still add them to your cart.  Once you get to the payment page, if you put in the discount code, they get reduced to £45.  I did all that and then decided not to proceed after concluding I already have enough Trinity IEMs.

But it might be worth a try especially if, as someone said, the new sales notification feature is showing people are buying Sabres.  Just have to be prepared for Trinity to cancel your order and refund any payment if they truly are sold out.  Would have thought they would prevent you adding one to your cart if that is the case though.

Hopefully Bob won't kick my ***** for posting this.

beerchug.gif

What was the discount code? :wink: I didn't find it in the multiple posts.
**edit**: I can't add anything to cart. Don't know how you're able to.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #10,499 of 24,683
What was the discount code? :wink: I didn't find it in the multiple posts.
**edit**: I can't add anything to cart. Don't know how you're able to.

Sabrefinalsale I believe. But the Sabre is sold out now, I couldn't add it to cart anymore a couple of days ago. Only after Bob update the website with more pictures of the Master and inply the real-time market things, that the glitch allowing Sabre to be added to your cart appears.
TL;DR: it's probably a glitch, you shouldn't try as your order will be canceled anyway, save you and Bob's time.

I have a question about fitting of the Sabre.
So I use the smallest silicon tips in the package; and I'm able to get a snug fit on the Right ear. The Left ear ,however, experience heavy driver flex whenever I yawn or try to push the earpiece further inside (things that don't similarly happen on the Right ear).

I suspect that because my Left ear's canal is slightly smaller than the Right one. But I have no smaller silicon eartips the test this out.

I tried all the eartips included, even with long filter, and concluded that short filter and smallest eartips provide the most comfort, and most effortless insertion.

Anyone have experienced the same thing?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #10,500 of 24,683
Yep, but... a consumer buying the product expects and should find instructions on how to use the product within the product's box. There's a card inside -- it should just be expanded a bit to include something about the filters there instead of expecting a consumer to have to go online to find it all out. A fairly basic consumer-level product design / packaging need.
I did find a little bit of paper in the shipping box, but it had nothing in it. Jake says he'll take care of getting the Spinfits to me.

The markings of which I spoke would be something to use to line-up the cable's pins-and-key to the earpiece's.

Well I certainly won't say you're wrong. I haven't looked at all in the inside card sheet to see if it mentions filter explanations or where to find them. Usually, when I have questions like that, I go to a manufacturer website and search around before asking, but I agree that not everyone is inclined to do the same thing. Simply stating where to find more info on that card insert would solve it.

I understand what you mean about the markings now. Having a multi-pin system within a round sleeve doesn't make identifying direction to plug in as much of a breeze.

As @posnera noted above, have you tried the longer filters? Or do none of the filters give adequate isolation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back