TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #10,517 of 24,683
I found the longer filters. Much nicer... Thanks.

So, I tried those longer filters with 3 or 4 different ear tips and sizes (no spinfits in-hand yet). I haven't been able to find any combination that gives "enough" isolation to listen in a noisy restaurant. Heck my Klipsch X7i gives much better isolation than all tries I made with the Sabre.

I'm hoping that part of this is that I haven't been able to find the right "orientation" of the ear piece in my ear to actually get it to fit "right". Any pointers for how to "do" that "right"?

The IEMs I'm using now have a 3 flange ear tip. Any idea of a 3 flange ear tip that will fit the Sabre? OR, what is the outer diameter of the filter and/or what diameter is needed for the 3 flange opening? (wait a minute... I might have some 3 flanges I got on the bay... let's see if I can find them) TIA

Have you tried the "pulling your ear" method? It's the same method used for putting in foam earplugs, outlined at the site below:
http://blog.pksafety.com/ear-plugs-what-you-need-to-know-so-they-fit-right/

Since our ear canals have a couple bends in them, pulling upwards on your ear lines up the canal and makes it a bit more of a straight shot than it otherwise would've been.

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #10,518 of 24,683
Interesting.  Although I have large canals (usually use largest or second largest tips), the long filters for the Sabre are uncomfortable.  I found I liked the sound signature best with the long Purple filters and a smaller stock silicone tip (the spinfits gave the vocals a veiled sound).  With the shorter filters, I am using the largest spinfits and the orange filters in order to get back the rumble of the bass.  Oddly, now the treble is a little peaky (would have expected that with the less bassy filters) which may cause some problems as I can be treble sensitive.
They are pretty comfortable and I can use them lying on my side.  I'm not sure I love how they sound yet, but I need to give them a good try.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #10,520 of 24,683
I want to voice my frustration at Trinity with what I believe are valid criticisms.

The most recent update was all too vague. There were 2 sentences referencing the PM6/Hunter/Delta. They are 'soon' to be finished and Trinity will perform quality checks on their products. This is confusing because the last update defended a lack of updates due to them being "on schedule". Note: Said update was 5 days prior to the end of the 2 month delivery window provided by Trinity.

Many of us, including myself, ordered in June of last year. I believe at that point the estimated delivery was as early as August. I absolutely wouldn't have ordered them at that point if I knew it'd take this long. But, given this is where we are, I probably wouldn't return them if I had the option. At this point, I just want to see how the Hunter's stand up to Trinity's original acclaim. I feel great empathy for those that can't be refunded for something they have to wait so long to receive.

I'm giving Bob and Co. the benefit of the doubt, I am still excited for my PM6/Hunter to ship.
But I do so with a grain of salt and am wary of future pre-ordering.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #10,521 of 24,683
I want to voice my frustration at Trinity with what I believe are valid criticisms.

The most recent update was all too vague. There were 2 sentences referencing the PM6/Hunter/Delta. They are 'soon' to be finished and Trinity will perform quality checks on their products. This is confusing because the last update defended a lack of updates due to them being "on schedule". Note: Said update was 5 days prior to the end of the 2 month delivery window provided by Trinity.

Many of us, including myself, ordered in June of last year. I believe at that point the estimated delivery was as early as August. I absolutely wouldn't have ordered them at that point if I knew it'd take this long. But, given this is where we are, I probably wouldn't return them if I had the option. At this point, I just want to see how the Hunter's stand up to Trinity's original acclaim. I feel great empathy for those that can't be refunded for something they have to wait so long to receive.

I'm giving Bob and Co. the benefit of the doubt, I am still excited for my PM6/Hunter to ship.

Well you get well nice iem even when you are passed off about postponing

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #10,522 of 24,683
Bob and Trinity will deliver great products. They may be behind schedule, but state of the art products don't always follow schedules. These are first world problems. It can be tough, but please be patient. Trinity has always taken care of their customers.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #10,523 of 24,683
The IEMs I'm using now have a 3 flange ear tip. Any idea of a 3 flange ear tip that will fit the Sabre? OR, what is the outer diameter of the filter and/or what diameter is needed for the 3 flange opening? (wait a minute... I might have some 3 flanges I got on the bay... let's see if I can find them) TIA

I found and tried the ebay 3 flange eartips. They seem to fit the Sabre's filter. They do provide more isolation than the tips I had previously tried, but not enough to block out the noise of a restaurant sufficiently. It's back to my low-end low-fi IEMs. Big Sigh... Still waiting for spinfits to arrive from Jake. I wonder if they'll do a better job of isolation?

I have been waiting to see if the Sabres would work out before I decide to get the trade-up to the Masters (which I'd expect to be a better sound). BUT, do y'all think there's any chance that the Master will be able to provide more isolation than the Sabres? OR will the spinfits just solve the isolation problems...?

Bob said that the trade-up wouldn't end until near the end of February, so I hope I still have time to decide.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #10,524 of 24,683
I found and tried the ebay 3 flange eartips. They seem to fit the Sabre's filter. They do provide more isolation than the tips I had previously tried, but not enough to block out the noise of a restaurant sufficiently. It's back to my low-end low-fi IEMs. Big Sigh... Still waiting for spinfits to arrive from Jake. I wonder if they'll do a better job of isolation?

I have been waiting to see if the Sabres would work out before I decide to get the trade-up to the Masters (which I'd expect to be a better sound). BUT, do y'all think there's any chance that the Master will be able to provide more isolation than the Sabres? OR will the spinfits just solve the isolation problems...?

Bob said that the trade-up wouldn't end until near the end of February, so I hope I still have time to decide.

everyone is different but spinfits give me the least amount of isolation of all the tips i've tried on any model of IEM from any manufacturer.  ymmv of course.

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #10,525 of 24,683

It's getting ridiculous...  I don't care if it's first world problems, it sucks nonetheless and I ain't going to invalidate other's discontent with cheap trivializing.  

I hope BOB can actually make a natural sounding IEM with the Hunter.  

The TOTL IEM says so much about a company, especially one with the slogan, "true/audio/perfection", cuz what I've seen is budget/experiments/getting there.

We'll see what Trinity's IEM's say about them, cuz it will have a big impact nonetheless.  I hope they get there.  I really do and for various reasons.  It's February.  I don't mind them taking their time and perfecting an IEM, but I want them to finish it sometime soon.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #10,526 of 24,683
everyone is different but spinfits give me the least amount of isolation of all the tips i've tried on any model of IEM from any manufacturer.  ymmv of course.

I bought a pair of spinfits a while ago and also had very poor seal and isolation. The ones that came with the Sabre were very different and I get very good isolation with them (especially with the long filters). I'm thinking about adding some foam to improve the isolation for the short filters which I find more comfortable.

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #10,527 of 24,683

YMMV indeed. For example, Spinfits work best for me; currently using XS for my right ear and S for my left ear on both my Hyperion and Supra. Then again, I've only used silicone tips from Spinfit, Trinity, MEEAudio, Havi, Aurisonics, Shure, and VSonic. Haven't used some other common ones like Spiral Dots, Westones, or some of the reportedly nice silicone tips that come with some Chinese IEMs.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #10,528 of 24,683
And now the left driver on my Sabre has failed. To say I am beyond disappointed is an understatement. And before anyone start with telling me that failure rates happen with all companies, this is my third pair. Both cables and drivers have failed now in a matter of months, and having an Atlas Delta coming this doesn't give me confidence. I really, really wanted to continue supporting this company, but I can't at this point. I will cancel my other order.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #10,529 of 24,683
And now the left driver on my Sabre has failed. To say I am beyond disappointed is an understatement. And before anyone start with telling me that failure rates happen with all companies, this is my third pair. Both cables and drivers have failed now in a matter of months, and having an Atlas Delta coming this doesn't give me confidence. I really, really wanted to continue supporting this company, but I can't at this point. I will cancel my other order.

This is quite extreme...are you sure it's the driver? (I have all released models of phantom line already, but only cables fails so far)

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #10,530 of 24,683
This is quite extreme...are you sure it's the driver? (I have all released models of phantom line already, but only cables fails so far)

This is my third pair, and I had both cables and drivers fail on me (trust me, I already tried it on on my other cables). I have been unable to enjoy my Sabres because of quality control issues, and I don't want to be contacting them every few weeks because of it. Maybe I just happened to be unlucky, but this is my third piece ,first one had a weird resonance plus serious driver flex issue, the second one splitted open, both were replaced but now the left one died on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back