TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 19, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #9,796 of 24,683
  A couple of weeks with the Master 4 and now we are offered an upgrade / discount program to the reworked Master 4... the Phantom Master! 
basshead.gif

Who is going to make this jump? I feel it is incredibly generous of Trinity Audio to offer this, at the same I feel the these will be what the Master 4 should have been from the start; without any cable connection and other QC issues (although the replacement pair I received is flawless)

They do look good though. But in my opinion, a trade-in with lower costs would be better than keeping the 4's and paying  £60.00 for the upgrade. 

I think the email with all the details and options is coming Jan. 1 so this may just be a code for Trinity customers in general. Seeing they won't be shipping till March I don't think there is a rush to decide. Let's see what Jan. 1 brings as the word exchange(and "...option to keep existing...") was used and that implies more options than just a code for a discount. I would think that PM4 owners are the ones getting the Jan. 1 email with more to it.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #9,797 of 24,683
I think the email with all the details and options is coming Jan. 1 so this may just be a code for Trinity customers in general. Seeing they won't be shipping till March I don't think there is a rush to decide. Let's see what Jan. 1 brings as the word exchange(and "...option to keep existing...") was used and that implies more options than just a code for a discount. I would think that PM4 owners are the ones getting the Jan. 1 email with more to it.

I am a PM4 owner and received the following:

"Based on consumer feedback we have reworked our Master 4 to create the new Master IEM.

We are opening our Trade-Up scheme to all Trinity Sabre, Vyrus, Master 4 and Delta V-II owners.

How this works is simple, you can trade up to the new Master for a ridiculous £60.00 by entering discount code X at the checkout. The great thing about our trade-up scheme is that you don't need to return your old iems, you get to keep them!

Production has already started and will start shipping in March 2017"
I replaced the code with X in case it is not supposed to be known.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #9,798 of 24,683
I am a PM4 owner and received the following:

"Based on consumer feedback we have reworked our Master 4 to create the new Master IEM.

We are opening our Trade-Up scheme to all Trinity Sabre, Vyrus, Master 4 and Delta V-II owners.

How this works is simple, you can trade up to the new Master for a ridiculous £60.00 by entering discount code X at the checkout. The great thing about our trade-up scheme is that you don't need to return your old iems, you get to keep them!

Production has already started and will start shipping in March 2017"
I replaced the code with X in case it is not supposed to be known.

I'm basing on this as of 3.5 hours ago...
  @Bobtrinity you said something about being able to exchange PM4 with the new Master? 

"Email announcement will go out on the 1st January 2017"

Bob will clarify as per usual. A little bit at a time, LOL
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #9,801 of 24,683
I'm also curious about Master vs Atlas Delta... I'm really intruiged by Atlas Delta due to it's nice ergonomic looking shell from the first images on, and ofcourse its internals got a big upgrade since first announcement. The price is also really good considering dual voice coils and a dual BA, plus on paper it looks like the same internals as Master ? I'm curious how both IEMs' subbass extension will be, especially compared to original PM4, it's something I think is important (because I really miss it when its lacking) and I think the PM4 hasn't really been judged positively in this particular area.

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #9,802 of 24,683
  A couple of weeks with the Master 4 and now we are offered an upgrade / discount program to the reworked Master 4... the Phantom Master! 
basshead.gif

Who is going to make this jump? I feel it is incredibly generous of Trinity Audio to offer this, at the same I feel the these will be what the Master 4 should have been from the start; without any cable connection and other QC issues (although the replacement pair I received is flawless)

They do look good though. But in my opinion, a trade-in with lower costs would be better than keeping the 4's and paying  £60.00 for the upgrade. 

This is an amazingly generous offer. My thanks to Bob and his team. As for the short time between the PM4 release and the Master, I think the PM4 is a great IEM and anyone who owns one is very lucky to have already benefited from the best value IEM on the market.  Existing customers are in no way obliged to pay the £60 for the new version if they don't feel they can justify spending a few extra $$$.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #9,804 of 24,683
Vocals for example from the new Kings of Leon album are painful to listen so I can't listen to the album really and many others like Mars Volta Deloused in Comatorium. Also some high pitch solos and when listening to rock the middle range of riffs doesn't sounds crisp and are painful.

Yeah, but Caleb Followil always sounds like that :p.

Seriously though, I have noticed the upper-mid spike. The title track from Arca's debut album Xen for instance has some very strident string parts. To me it serves as a reminder that I might be listening too loudly, but that only applies to my ears, not to other people's.

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #9,805 of 24,683
As someone who heard similar treble spikes with some rock tracks, I can say that the prototype of the Master I'm listening to at the moment doesn't have the same "issue" for me on those tracks. It definitely intrudes on that part of the frequency range for me using the silver and gold filters (not tried the others yet).

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #9,806 of 24,683
Yeah, but Caleb Followil always sounds like that :p.

Seriously though, I have noticed the upper-mid spike. The title track from Arca's debut album Xen for instance has some very strident string parts. To me it serves as a reminder that I might be listening too loudly, but that only applies to my ears, not to other people's.

Haha new album sucks but Only By The Night & Because of the Times...cmon :)

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #9,808 of 24,683
As someone who heard similar treble spikes with some rock tracks, I can say that the prototype of the Master I'm listening to at the moment doesn't have the same "issue" for me on those tracks. It definitely intrudes on that part of the frequency range for me using the silver and gold filters (not tried the others yet).

That was my big "issue" with the sound of the PM4 too, upper mid/treble spike that none of the filters seemed to tame. Made it so that certain tracks were just not listenable for me, which was sad because on others it sounds great to me. So how much commission are you earning here? Because I was kind of on the fence about getting nearly a direct replacement, but I think with these impressions, and especially the trade up price, ill bite.

Though are you planning to put out some more detailed impressions sometime soon? As I am still very interested in hearing more, especially if there are comparisons to other similarly priced iems late (it03, which I have, and the lz a4)

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #9,809 of 24,683
really? I actually quite enjoyed a few of the songs on the latest album, mechanical bull had a few I also enjoy. As times change, so do bands music evolve i guess.

OBTN is such a dark grand sounding album, really sucks you in to the music

There's maybe 2 or 3 songs worth listening to. Come Around Sundown is good. Yeah Dark music is the best..

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #9,810 of 24,683
There's maybe 2 or 3 songs worth listening to. Come Around Sundown is good. Yeah Dark music is the best..
when you first hit play on OBTN you just wait for that first drum to hit, I slump into a real relaxing state when I play that album. Whenever i get new headphones its the first album I play, calebs voice is pure sex for the ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back