TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 20, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #9,826 of 24,683
Will the Master be using the new dual voice coil?

Also, is there an idea of the sound sig trinity is going for with it? It says "based on consumer feedback" so what changes were you looking to make?

I just don't want to dump another chunk of cash and end up with a headphone I don't care for. Will there be more warmth and mids? How about bass?

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #9,827 of 24,683
Will the Master be using the new dual voice coil?

Also, is there an idea of the sound sig trinity is going for with it? It says "based on consumer feedback" so what changes were you looking to make?

I just don't want to dump another chunk of cash and end up with a headphone I don't care for. Will there be more warmth and mids? How about bass?

On my initial listening to the new prototype, the mids have been made slightly more intimate (confirmed by Bob), with a little more warmth in the bass to mid transition. Shrillness has gone in the higher range people were having issues with. Soundstage is still wide, but a bit closer to the listener. Bass is similar. Hope that helps?

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #9,829 of 24,683
Why was the PM4 shell dumped all together? I really wanted one but right now it seems almost like a failed experiment :frowning2:

The ergonomics on the PM4 were fine for me, but the newer Master shell fits me a lot better (in fact, better than most of my prevous IEM collection) so think it's just an evolution in both sound and design. The original PM4 will sound different to the Master (and there are plenty of people on here who really like the tuning of the 4), so maybe think of it more like a limited edition rather than a "failed experiment"?

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #9,830 of 24,683
The original PM4 will sound different to the Master (and there are plenty of people on here who really like the tuning of the 4), so maybe think of it more like a limited edition rather than a "failed experiment"?

I'm one of the fans of PM4 and my take is that it is indeed limited edition..

I think that Bob's way of doing things is not typical business oriented consumer product way, but rather the one of an artist or a R&D engineer.
So the driving force is not money (although it might be also) but more his pride and inner ambition.  So I think he will continue to develop things to infinity and push out products too soon (from market point of view) to top the competition and do something that satisfy himself.
He is now selling very expensive looking design with two dual drivers and so on with 60 pounds..

As an end result some might feel that they bought unready product, but I think it is better to see it as a limited edition.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #9,831 of 24,683
I just saw the upgrade deal today and I must say I really appreciate the lengths Bob and Co. have gone to to cater to the customer.  I would never have imagined a "trade up" program like this.  Now if others would just follow in his footsteps...
wink_face.gif

Seriously, thank you Bob for an amazing deal! 
biggrin.gif
  I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Master IEM sounds. 
popcorn.gif

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #9,834 of 24,683
I received my PM4 and was planning to give a feedback, but there is already an updated version.
Bob, I don't know if it is a "bug or a feature", but it seems possible to order several updated PM4 with the trade-up code.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #9,835 of 24,683
Still looking for an answer to the question: Is there a difference between the Delta and the Delta VII other than the removable cable on the VII? Driver difference or sound difference?

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #9,836 of 24,683
Still looking for an answer to the question: Is there a difference between the Delta and the Delta VII other than the removable cable on the VII? Driver difference or sound difference?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #9,840 of 24,683
FUYU can assist you

How about the p1?
I found the pm4 enjoyable. Silver and undampened filters sounded great. Non-congested. Sub bass lacked texture for me and hoping for more resolution, and the presale price isn't bad.

How do violins sound p1?

Overall pm4s sounded splendid with jazz and this album sounded phenomenal:
inger%20marie%20gundersen%20LP-800x800.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back