TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #9,841 of 24,683
Still looking for an answer to the question: Is there a difference between the Delta and the Delta VII other than the removable cable on the VII? Driver difference or sound difference?

Original Delta (OD) had a smaller shell and, like you said, the cables were hard wired.  The sound seems to be a bit "closer" with slightly less sparkle.  Bass sounds good and reaches deep.

Delta VII has a larger shell and detachable cables.  Some felt that the shell was too large and had fit issues.  Depending on ear shape.  I have had no fit issues.  The sound is more quite engaging, good sound stage, effective highs without being shrill.  Bass also sounds good and reaches deep.

Both descriptions are with gunmetal filters.  Slightly enhanced bass, but not highest bass level.  My preference is for the DVII.

If you are trying to figure out which to get, not sure I can totally help there.  OD is currently available on re-release.  DVII is not available unless you are looking at a used one.  (MINE IS NOT FOR SALE!  
wink_face.gif
   You can consider getting the Delta-Atlas (DA) for 10 pounds more, but that is on pre-order (Jan) and I haven't heard it yet.  But I have one on pre-order.

Where are you in NC?  I'm in Raleigh.  If you are local, we could possibly facilitate a meetup for you to try for yourself.  By end of 1Q, I will have OD, DVII, DA, and Hunter.  Bring some tips.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #9,842 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity are there any plans to rework the 3.5mm connector for the Master? Not sure what people think about it but I find it awkwardly long. The spring helps a bit but it's still uncomfortable in my pants. The L-adapter doesn't help at all because it makes the connector twice as long where it was too long before already.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #9,843 of 24,683
I was one of the harshest critics of the PM4 quality and build, the new exchange program... partly annoyed me and partly made me happy.

the annoying part was "we sold you a beta, if you want the final product its 60 pounds more"
But the glass half full way to look at this is "we listened, we fixed it, and we will let you keep the old one along with the new one"

and you know what, after a couple of weeks with my PM4´s, figuring out the cable issues... 60 pounds for another pair of these is a steal and i couldnt pass it up. i put in the order becuase i believe in trinity.

I like the PM4, and i think that the new revision will be even better.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #9,845 of 24,683
I don't know why everyone is so surprised by PM4 being some kind of a beta product. Sabre and PM 6 was announced early and then there were complains "ohhh nooo we want sth. in between" and Bob finally gave in and announced PM4 and now it has been released earlier than PM 6 which was announced earlier. Just keep that in mind guys... Bob's no magician after all

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #9,846 of 24,683
I don't know why everyone is so surprised by PM4 being some kind of a beta product. Sabre and PM 6 was announced early and then there were complains "ohhh nooo we want sth. in between" and Bob finally gave in and announced PM4 and now it has been released earlier than PM 6 which was announced earlier. Just keep that in mind guys... Bob's no magician after all

Loaded sentence - pm4 has a fair amount of qc issues. For the presale price, they weren't bad.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #9,847 of 24,683
Good day people

Sorry for offtopic
Is there any people here from Russia??? Who can explain in a PM is the essence of Trade-up or letters which came to me on email with discount coupon?

since I have problems with the English language

Thank you in advance

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #9,848 of 24,683
  Good day people

Sorry for offtopic
Is there any people here from Russia??? Who can explain in a PM is the essence of Trade-up or letters which came to me on email with discount coupon?

Thank you in advance

Google translate not working very well for Russian?

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #9,849 of 24,683
Good day people

Sorry for offtopic

Thank you in advance

sorry just quick Russian

просто платишь 70 фунтов если купил что либо от этой компании и тебе дают мастер iem

cheers

I got left iem replaced but it also has electricity issue but only when attached to power, which is better. I had similar on hyperion she also left, I kinda gave up on the company because of it, it's an annoying bug but also kinda expected with all metal design, perhaps the company should invest in device to measure this bug to design an iem where cables don't touch anything metal on iem. also don't want to be a negative person, just the bug that was never completely resolved, and ye left iem does cut out sometimes but that's how all detacheable items have always been. overall I like it getting electricity irritation ever so often on left iem. metal is sturdy but also transfers electricity. I feel like company is unable to address this issue sconce same thing was on Hyperion. sending replacements is cool but I want a product not have defects. especially not twice in row. anyway, getting it by discount so, it's ok though

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #9,852 of 24,683
Another IEM that sounds interesting/promising is the LZ A4. Anybody have experience of both A4 and PM4? Cheers

I have both the LZ A3 and PM4 and prefer the acoustics of the PM4 considerably more in all respects, I am listening to Vince Guaraldi trio right now on the PM4 at low volume and the bass still feels like there is a full sized cello inside my ear...... HOWEVER i like the cable attachment on the LZA3 better. i.e. it does not fall off whenever i move my head.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #9,854 of 24,683
  I have both the LZ A3 and PM4 and prefer the acoustics of the PM4 considerably more in all respects, I am listening to Vince Guaraldi trio right now on the PM4 at low volume and the bass still feels like there is a full sized cello inside my ear...... HOWEVER i like the cable attachment on the LZA3 better. i.e. it does not fall off whenever i move my head.

So, based on the post above I finally found a place that I can recreate some of the extraneous noise and buzzing I'm hearing in my PM4.

In the right channel where the upright bass is on "O Tannenbaum" by Vince Guaraldi Trio on their Charlie Brown Christmas album. On many of the upper register parts of the bass you'll hear a little buzzing fuzziness. It's only on the longer more resonant notes, not the passing notes. And no, this isn't fretboard buzz, it's clearly some sort of interference in the sound. Another way I thought of describing it is when you have your subs wired out of phase and you hear them sucking back in in the wrong direction.

Dunno what to do. I don't want to bother Jake since it might just be the way they are and getting a replacement doesn't change anything. It does make me a little gunshy to spend $75 more on the Master though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back