TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 20, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #9,856 of 24,683
Damnit Bob, why do you have to continually dangle such good deals in front of me!

*sigh*

I've made my Master preorder...

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #9,857 of 24,683

So, based on the post above I finally found a place that I can recreate some of the extraneous noise and buzzing I'm hearing in my PM4.

In the right channel where the upright bass is on "O Tannenbaum" by Vince Guaraldi Trio on their Charlie Brown Christmas album. On many of the upper register parts of the bass you'll hear a little buzzing fuzziness. It's only on the longer more resonant notes, not the passing notes. And no, this isn't fretboard buzz, it's clearly some sort of interference in the sound. Another way I thought of describing it is when you have your subs wired out of phase and you hear them sucking back in in the wrong direction.

Dunno what to do. I don't want to bother Jake since it might just be the way they are and getting a replacement doesn't change anything. It does make me a little gunshy to spend $75 more on the Master though.

Interesting, I think I hear what you are referring to, definitely only in the right channel but I just figured that was how this album was mastered with more cello on the right side.    

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #9,859 of 24,683
Anyone on this thread still have not received pre-ordered PM4 yet?

I've still not received it yet. Seems like really luck of the draw, all my friends have already received, even those who ordered later.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #9,862 of 24,683
I have both the LZ A3 and PM4 and prefer the acoustics of the PM4 considerably more in all respects, I am listening to Vince Guaraldi trio right now on the PM4 at low volume and the bass still feels like there is a full sized cello inside my ear...... HOWEVER i like the cable attachment on the LZA3 better. i.e. it does not fall off whenever i move my head.

I'm sorry but this post doesn't make sense as he was talking about the A4 and not A3. It's two different IEM's if that wasn't clear to you.

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #9,863 of 24,683
I'm sorry but this post doesn't make sense as he was talking about the A4 and not A3. It's two different IEM's if that wasn't clear to you.

Yes thanks, I am familiar with the LZ lineup I have the LZ A2 and the LZ A3, the LZ A4 is just the next iteration (there is a new one every few months) with a different case and pretty much the same drivers.  Yes there are big differences in the case and he has added filters to the A4, but its still LZ's single dynamic dual ba setup so I'm betting only small differences in actual sound.  There is a reason I don't have the A4 , the A2 was a huge step up from the Sure 215's... they literally blew me away, but I honestly didn't find any real difference between the A2 and the A3 except a worse form factor, and so I went searching for something different (and hopefully with more bass) rather than just another lateral move with a different case - hence my gamble with 4 driver: 2 dynamic-2 ba PM4's.  Make sense now ?    

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #9,864 of 24,683
Yes thanks, I am familiar with the LZ lineup I have the LZ A2 and the LZ A3, the LZ A4 is just the next iteration (there is a new one every few months) with a different case and pretty much the same drivers.  Yes there are big differences in the case and he has added filters to the A4, but its still LZ's single dynamic dual ba setup so I'm betting only small differences in actual sound.  There is a reason I don't have the A4 , the A2 was a huge step up from the Sure 215's... they literally blew me away, but I honestly didn't find any real difference between the A2 and the A3 except a worse form factor, and so I went searching for something different (and hopefully with more bass) rather than just another lateral move with a different case - hence my gamble with 4 driver: 2 dynamic-2 ba PM4's.  Make sense now ?    

Most certainly not.

There's so many assumptions in you post that I really shouldn't bother so I'm just going to give you the advice not to make statements about things you haven't heard and especially not starting to compare them with stuff you've (hopefully) heard.

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #9,866 of 24,683
Meanwhile , I still haven't received my PM4 which i ordered during black Friday deals ( the delay isn't Trinity's fault though , 30 days is typical for middle east ) .
But after all the problems facing many PM4 owners , I think  Trinity's beta like product was not for me , I mean , sure I might get a perfectly working IEM's , But with  all these the uncertainties and qc  problems , I'm not sure  it was the right choice (even when they costed 91 pounds  ).
Although Their great customer service is probably unmatched , I don't see it being any helpful for people that purchased and shipped by Third party shipment ( the ordinary mail isn't even safe to use ,so yea ) . If a filter is missing , a wire cuts , or a connector is failing , it would be pretty awful to spend 10$ to ship these small  pieces separately , or even ship the IEM's and re-ship them back for replacement or repair .

Dec 21, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #9,867 of 24,683
Whatever Peter, I was just trying to be helpful, sorry.  You have a bad day at work or something ?   I look forward to your professional comparison with the A4 when you get your PM4 back.  
Most certainly not.

There's so many assumptions in you post that I really shouldn't bother so I'm just going to give you the advice not to make statements about things you haven't heard and especially not starting to compare them with stuff you've (hopefully) heard.

Whatever Peter, I was just trying to be helpful, sorry.  You have a bad day at work or something ?   I look forward to your professional comparison with the A4 when you get your PM4 back.  

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #9,868 of 24,683
  Yes thanks, I am familiar with the LZ lineup I have the LZ A2 and the LZ A3, the LZ A4 is just the next iteration (there is a new one every few months) with a different case and pretty much the same drivers.  Yes there are big differences in the case and he has added filters to the A4, but its still LZ's single dynamic dual ba setup so I'm betting only small differences in actual sound. 

Incorrect - A4 has custom tuned 3rd party made BA vs off-the-shelf 3rd party BAs.
Anyway, Trinity thread, just had to clear that up. On with the show....

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #9,869 of 24,683
Incorrect - A4 has custom tuned 3rd party made BA vs off-the-shelf 3rd party BAs.
Anyway, Trinity thread, just had to clear that up. On with the show....

He was referring to single dynamic in the A2 & A3 and that same driver might be used in A4......:wink: yeah, lets back to Bob's.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #9,870 of 24,683
Meanwhile , I still haven't received my PM4 which i ordered during black Friday deals ( the delay isn't Trinity's fault though , 30 days is typical for middle east ) .
But after all the problems facing many PM4 owners , I think  Trinity's beta like product was not for me , I mean , sure I might get a perfectly working IEM's , But with  all these the uncertainties and qc  problems , I'm not sure  it was the right choice (even when they costed 91 pounds  ).

I would wait until you get yours before passing judgement, myself and plenty others have many trinity IEMs which we have never had any problems with - for every post about a small issue with a PM4 there are plenty of people happily listening to theirs being silent!

And this is certainly not a beta trial, curse whoever started that bandwagon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back